This reporter now looks pretty stupid

To be honest the truth is still out on CJH. He's only coached one season at TN and yes we done better than last but who knows what all the problems were in the locker room/ coaches room last year. He has the offense looking better than last but defense needs improved and that's obvious. Fan bases need to give coaches a few years before judgment comes. Yes some coaches win right away but to quote Haurbaugh "some people were born on third and think they hit a triple." And inherited a great program that recruits itself an are somewhat good coaches but building from scratch is different. I think CJH will be good if he keeps a good staff around him.

Reactions: Otis07 and Boca Vol
Other than the "can't rebuild" comment (which remains to be seen) its not like the guy has been proven wrong. Heupel hasn't blown the doors off recruiting yet and he said he's a really good O coach. Not sure what the big deal is.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

― Theodore Roosevelt
If only the font was a little bit bigger

I don't remember anyone with a brain calling Saban a terrible hire

lol! He was the highest paid coach by a large margin, at the time, promptly went 6-6 and lost to ULM after letting a suspended player come back at the half.

There were plenty of people wondering if it was going to be another disaster for bama. Unfortunately it wasn't.

That's great, now go and look at what was written about Saban and how terrible a hire he was in 2007. And or even more fun, lookup articles on or after November 17th of that year. Yeah, journalists don't have crystal ball's...
Yep when he went to LSU from Michigan State he had absolutely Zero ties to the south. Especially when it came to recruiting. The rest is history. Coach Heupel is going to do great things here.

Reactions: TGFHeupel16
lol! He was the highest paid coach by a large margin, at the time, promptly went 6-6 and lost to ULM after letting a suspended player come back at the half.

There were plenty of people wondering if it was going to be another disaster for bama. Unfortunately it wasn't.

I guess waxing UT's a$$ got him a reprieve. The next year they were in a playoff for the NC game vs UF. But according to many on here it takes many years to get to that level. Bama has never looked back.

He is about to show the college football world wrong. He is about to show what he can do I believe.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

― Theodore Roosevelt
Except nowadays, the critic monetizes his twitter account and makes a small fortune off clicks, follows and likes, while the guy in the trench just gets to be the punchline of a meme about failure.

Article seemed pretty spot on to me. I remember feeling the same way as this author. I’m glad we are all excited for the future and hopeful but we are still not over the hump and many think the only thing to get us over the hump is recruiting and that’s still a question mark at best. I’m still cautiously optimistic. Vol syndrome blah blah blah we are only out recruiting Vandy at the moment in the SEC. haven’t bought my ticket for the Heup train just yet but look forward to the ride.
I was reading it thinking... yeah that's about what has happened. We're not recruiting great but we have a good offense. Not sure it's the terrible take the OP suggests.

You don’t have to make a new one. We can get it changed if you want.
Maybe just change the Pruitt to Heupel, I eont sound as stupid as long as he continues his success. God I got excited about Pruitt too. I really Thought he would’ve been better than what he was.

It’s all clickbait man. This ensures that the writer can, at any point, write an article about how they were wrong and UT didn’t actually screw up this time and there might be hope for the future etc etc. Everybody has to have a take, either good or bad. That’s why shows like PTI or the “Shannon and Skip yell at each other for an hour,” show exist. It’s just time filler. I don’t understand why some people on here can’t see this. Articles like this are just online discussion fodder to get the fan base riled up.

VN Store

Back