This reporter now looks pretty stupid

That's great, now go and look at what was written about Saban and how terrible a hire he was in 2007. And or even more fun, lookup articles on or after November 17th of that year. Yeah, journalists don't have crystal ball's...
I don't remember anyone with a brain calling Saban a terrible hire

...and most journalists aren't actual journalists.
Correct, Jimmy Hyams said on the Sunday show that from what he is hearing Lincoln Riley would be the coach at LSU. Even brought up Saban denying that he would coach at Alabama while still the Dolphins coach as a point of reference.

Reactions: feathersax
I don't remember anyone with a brain calling Saban a terrible hire
Good point. And I was guilty - after that UL monroe defeat, and pearl harbor analogy in the post presser. I think those that doubted Saban, were only wishing and hoping he'd tank, and there was just a tad of evidence that it could go that way. People like Finebaum see one chink in the armor and pile on. Finebaum loves to stick the knife in and twist it when a coach is on the ropes. Until I'm convinced otherwise, Florida has a downgrade as a coach. :) Here I go again.

Good point. And I was guilty - after that UL monroe defeat, and pearl harbor analogy in the post presser. I think those that doubted Saban, were only wishing and hoping he'd tank, and there was just a tad of evidence that it could go that way. People like Finebaum see one chink in the armor and pile on. Finebaum loves to stick the knife in and twist it when a coach is on the ropes. Until I'm convinced otherwise, Florida has a downgrade as a coach. :) Here I go again.
I really didn't say much about ULM because that bama team completely obliterated a ranked UT. We forgot to cover one wr all day. Plus Saban had 2001 over is as well

Reactions: Boca Vol
Article seemed pretty spot on to me. I remember feeling the same way as this author. I’m glad we are all excited for the future and hopeful but we are still not over the hump and many think the only thing to get us over the hump is recruiting and that’s still a question mark at best. I’m still cautiously optimistic. Vol syndrome blah blah blah we are only out recruiting Vandy at the moment in the SEC. haven’t bought my ticket for the Heup train just yet but look forward to the ride.

Especially these days. Any idiot with a credit card can start a website and call themselves a journalist.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

Especially these days. Any idiot with a credit card can start a website and call themselves a journalist.
Exactly what I was getting at. It took me about 15 seconds on Google to determine that the author is actually a Supply Chain Analyst for a Medical supply company. He's probably a very intelligent person, but he's obviously just a fan.

That reporter (
ec5c27545961b1492e23dbc4c0c6ef80
AJ Cook) is the media equivalent of a nega-Vol.

In fact, he really is just a nega-Vol, but one with a pen and access to an online publishing medium.

Here's how good he isn't: he writes articles for a radio station. I'll say that again: he writes for radio. Not copy for the on-air talent to read aloud. He writes for their website.

Who goes to a radio station's website for written articles? I have no idea. I would've said "no one," but the OP found the article somehow. So I guess at least one person. Well, two: AJ Cook's mom probably goes there, too. But then again, maybe the OP is AJ's mom. No idea. So maybe just one person, after all.

Who knows? Point is, he's a nega-Vol, who gets paid (ostensibly? maybe?) to write for a radio station.

Go Vols?

Yeah.

Go Vols!

p.s. GAVol figured out for us, he's really not a reporter at all, but a Knoxville-based supply chain analyst for a medical supply company. 2016 Tennessee grad. So, just a nega-Vol.

If you are talking about someone associated with the local fan run radio in Knoxville then you have to talking about a bunch of adolescents.

They are horrible.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I don't think so. Seems like a reasonable perspective, which might still end up being right. I mean, it's only been one season and he went 7-5. If you want to crown CJH as the chosen one, by all means please do, but your setting yourself up for heartache if he turns out to be a bust.

There is a strange behavior among some Vol fans that they want to be the one to "call it" when a coach is successful or when he is a failure. They care more about saying "I told you so" or "I knew it" than the state of the program. The weird part is that it goes both ways.

Just ride the wave.

I think the main point of the article was that Heupel would not recruit well enough to get the Vols in the upper tier of the SEC. So far, he is 100% correct.
So far the NCAA hasn't bothered to say "yeah, we're good" with regards to UT's own investigation into our little happy meal fiasco. Anyone who's saying it's all on Heupel whether we're recruiting well at this point with that uncertainty still looming has an axe to grind. I'd go so far as to say that if we were going gangbusters on recruiting *despite* that uncertainty, that'd probably be a red flag that we're not done digging just yet.

"But to fall all the way to Heupel may have cratered this program if it wasn’t cratered already. "

thanks coach Heupel for "Cratering" our beloved program, keep up the good work

Reactions: butchna

VN Store

Back