President Joe Biden - Kamala Harris Administration

Let's Go Brandon!

Fed Chairman Jerome Powell retires the word 'transitory' in describing inflation

In a shock to no one with any economic sense...

“We tend to use [the word transitory] to mean that it won’t leave a permanent mark in the form of higher inflation,” Fed Chairman Jerome Powell told Congress on Tuesday. “I think it’s probably a good time to retire that word and try to explain more clearly what we mean.”

Time for more investigations of various industries to prove they are intentionally causing inflation...anxiously awaiting the results of the investigation into Big Turkey

You won't find me defending anyone on that side very often, but I do think there is significant price gouging going on right now, and the oil industry is heavily invested in it. I get the intent to harm the administration, but the real harm is to a lot of innocent people. 330 or so million - 81M is a lot of people who didn't ask for the biden stupidity. Why make enemies when they could turn to education as a means to show that this administration's policies are absurd - particularly with regard to energy and cost.

You won't find me defending anyone on that side very often, but I do think there is significant price gouging going on right now, and the oil industry is heavily invested in it. I get the intent to harm the administration, but the real harm is to a lot of innocent people. 330 or so million - 81M is a lot of people who didn't ask for the biden stupidity. Why make enemies when they could turn to education as a means to show that this administration's policies are absurd - particularly with regard to energy and cost.

I'm confused - on one hand we here that we can't control energy prices because it's a global commodity but on the other it's some companies that are doing it?

What is your working definition of the oil industry and what is it doing to price gouge?

I'm confused - on one hand we here that we can't control energy prices because it's a global commodity but on the other it's some companies that are doing it?

What is your working definition of the oil industry and what is it doing to price gouge?

It was an industry article as I recall that pointed out the industry is controlling supply directly and therefore price indirectly. The article went on to say that companies are making good income by suppling less, so why increase output. They can play the game because Russia and the ME aren't jumping in to fill the void. I'll see if I can find the article again.

It was an industry article as I recall that pointed out the industry is controlling supply directly and therefore price indirectly. The article went on to say that companies are making good income by suppling less, so why increase output. They can play the game because Russia and the ME aren't jumping in to fill the void. I'll see if I can find the article again.

i'd like to see it

i'd like to see it

I didn't find the original, but these are fairly good in pointing out why oil companies are in no hurry to expand production. The last one deals with both oil and natural gas. There was also a report that gas suppliers were using income to cut methane leaks rather than to expand production - that cuts both ways since environmentalists and government are hammering them to cut methane leaks.

Big Oil is making big profits again. Here’s what they’re doing with the cash

‘DUCs’ Are Goosing Oil Companies’ Booming Profits. What Happens When They Run Out?

Who’s to Blame for the Pain at the Pump? It’s Complicated

Is The U.S. Shale Patch Refusing To Pump For Political Reasons? | OilPrice.com

Soaring Oil and Gas Prices Boost BP Profit in the Shadow of COP26

This Week in Petroleum - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

OPEC Says To Biden: If You Want More Oil, Pump It Yourself

Natural Gas Prices Are Surging. Why Aren’t Texas Drillers Taking Advantage?

Reactions: volinbham
Couldnt that go for any industry ever? At some point you cant expect a business to keep up with demand to keep supply high enough to avoid higher prices. If you accept that you are just picking a line that says this is price gouging while this isnt.

And as long as the governments involved it's hard to just blame the industry.

If anything higher oil prices helps our home production because we cant produce oil at OPEC low prices. It's why fracking currently isnt a thing, prices are too low to justify that cost.

Here's our great speaking dummy having his mic killed before he says something stupid ...
Bless his Heart. It's getting truly sad at this point that they're treating the POTUS this way ....
His daily handlers act as though he is their grandpa & try to protect him from harm .....

We had a president who couldn't be silenced followed by a president who isn't allowed to be heard.

God bless all of you who still have any faith in any person holding, or campaigning for, the office of POTUS.

I know this won’t sit well with the sensitive among us , but leaving off the fact that orange man bad , one would think in America , we would rather have a POTUS that was determined to speak his mind good or bad rather than having a POTUS that isn’t allowed to and is censored. I can’t imagine or couldn’t imagine any President that wouldn’t lose his mind if he was trying to speak and someone on staff cut the mic to keep him from doing it .

I know this won’t sit well with the sensitive among us , but leaving off the fact that orange man bad , one would think in America , we would rather have a POTUS that was determined to speak his mind good or bad rather than having a POTUS that isn’t allowed to and is censored. I can’t imagine or couldn’t imagine any President that wouldn’t lose his mind if he was trying to speak and someone on my staff cut my mic to keep me from doing it .
I made the same conclusion with Orange Man. The benefit of unfiltered insight to how the prez thinks is much better than the liability of getting our feelers hurt.
Unlike you, Biden does not care if he is heard. He is devoid of strong thoughts or positions. It is impossible to have a 5 decade career in politics AND be steadfast in strong philosophy or opinions. Unlike you, he is willing to be handled so long as his political career continues.

I made the same conclusion with Orange Man. The benefit of unfiltered insight to how the prez thinks is much better than the liability of getting our feelers hurt.
Unlike you, Biden does not care if he is heard. He is devoid of strong thoughts or positions. It is impossible to have a 5 decade career in politics AND be steadfast in strong philosophy or opinions. Unlike you, he is willing to be handled so long as his political career continues.

It just seems to go against one of our cornerstones . We are supposed to value being able to speak freely and as a shining example to the rest of the world blah blah blah , as POTUS having someone cut your mic should be an automatic come to Jesus meeting . It’s a weird thing to watch .

It just seems to go against one of our cornerstones . We are supposed to value being able to speak freely and as a shining example to the rest of the world blah blah blah , as POTUS having someone cut your mic should be an automatic come to Jesus meeting . It’s a weird thing to watch .
It is more embarrassing and cringe-worthy than any mean tweet or bullying from the previous idiot. When the leader of the free world isn't free to be heard, that's a incongruity which should concern us all.

I know this won’t sit well with the sensitive among us , but leaving off the fact that orange man bad , one would think in America , we would rather have a POTUS that was determined to speak his mind good or bad rather than having a POTUS that isn’t allowed to and is censored. I can’t imagine or couldn’t imagine any President that wouldn’t lose his mind if he was trying to speak and someone on staff cut the mic to keep him from doing it .
I would prefer a potus who speaks his mind to at least sound semi-intelligent. Hard to take one seriously when they're on about a 5th grade speaking level. The difference in Trump giving prepared remarks vs off the cuff was very noticeable

Reactions: tntar heel
What I just can't understand is the press reaction to constantly getting blown off and ignored. One would think every news outlet in the country would be making a big deal out of the way Biden is handled.
I wonder how it would be if we had a legitimate unbiased press. And maybe 'unbiased' isn't even the right term; i wonder how it would be if we had a legitimate press with no agenda except to inform.

I wonder how it would be if we had a legitimate unbiased press. And maybe 'unbiased' isn't even the right term; i wonder how it would be if we had a legitimate press with no agenda except to inform.

Bush II, Obama, Trump nor Biden wouldn't have sniffed the WH if that were the case. The various federal 3 letter agencies would not be running amuck and we'd probably be much less in debt.

I would prefer a potus who speaks his mind to at least sound semi-intelligent. Hard to take one seriously when they're on about a 5th grade speaking level. The difference in Trump giving prepared remarks vs off the cuff was very noticeable

At least if he’s speaking his mind we can choose to vote him out . Let the 5th grader talk . Cutting the mic to prevent it should never be done to a POTUS . That’s just my opinion though . 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
At least if he’s speaking you know his mind and can choose to vote him out . Let the 5th grader talk . Cutting the mic to prevent it should never be done to a POTUS . That’s just my opinion though . 🤷‍♂️
We should arrive to elect smarter people. Ones who don't sound like they're making up a book report on the spot for a book they didn't read. That's my opinion

Reactions: walkenvol
You apparently hold a very low opinion of 5th graders.

Honestly I hold a low opinion of what is supposed to be the most powerful man in the world allowing some staffers to decide what he should say then censor him if he goes off script . That to me means .. one has no shame ( staffers ) the other no balls ( POTUS )

Couldnt that go for any industry ever? At some point you cant expect a business to keep up with demand to keep supply high enough to avoid higher prices. If you accept that you are just picking a line that says this is price gouging while this isnt.

And as long as the governments involved it's hard to just blame the industry.

If anything higher oil prices helps our home production because we cant produce oil at OPEC low prices. It's why fracking currently isnt a thing, prices are too low to justify that cost.

Absolutely, that goes for any industry, but there is a reason for express interest in energy price because it is the greatest friction to an economy. High energy cost will drag any economic system to a halt. Any industry that can profit more by doing less would be foolish to do more for marginal gains. Oil and energy generally have steep introductory costs, so competition while it absolutely does exist is limited at different points between what's in the ground and what shows up at a gas station or other end use point.

The petroleum industry was in a self driven, competitive frenzy before covid and didn't know how to get off the ride. The big drop in demand cooled it off - the demand drop can certainly be politically induced or it can be a complex mechanism driven by economic factors ... or both. The biggest point is that anyone who thinks in the short term that we can switch off fossil fuels and carry on is a flaming idiot. Anybody who doesn't see high energy cost as extremely toxic to an economy is also a flaming idiot.

VN Store

Back