Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. Maybe just part of it?

Said 10 days ago he wouldn’t have thought it was a big deal. Seems like with Tiyon in the portal, getting Evans would be a pretty big deal.

Yeah its been said that a lot of top players are now looking at UT. Now of course that means nothing until something happens but still good news

Lmao Evans is not a program-changing anything. He’s a great player and would do well—but definitely not a “break the servers” guy
Rushed for over 1k yards. Averaged 7.3 ypc. He alone wouldn’t be program changing but would be a monster in this offense

I do not want any part of Cut. The game has passed him in some ways IMO. Somehow he did make Daniel Jones a 1st rounder..
But his experience as an analyst would be very valuable. We play pro style offenses every year, his help in breaking their video down for our defensive staff, advice in adding wrinkles to make us multiple. All that is very valuable, he could be a great asset.

But his experience as an analyst would be very valuable. We play pro style offenses every year, his help in breaking their video down for our defensive staff, advice in adding wrinkles to make us multiple. All that is very valuable, he could be a great asset.

It would be worth it even if we had him do practically nothing. His reputation alone would help with recruiting. It’s also a credibility hire for a young head coach.

I don’t know how the heck they keep all those guys in different states and different classes straight. They are definitely putting in the work! Hoping they see some fruits of their labor in the coming recruiting classes.
Can’t imagine having to recruit ‘23 players and transfers 2 weeks before trying to finish up ‘22!

It would be worth it even if we had him do practically nothing. His reputation alone would help with recruiting. It’s also a credibility hire for a young head coach.

Agreed. I love the idea of him being around the program in some capacity. But we're probably fine without him too.

Reactions: Ertel
So who all got invited to the Senior Bowl from UT (even those that declined)?

Cause I thought Theo Jackson, Matthew Butler would get invites. Figured Hendon Hooker declined his invite cause he may return.

Agreed. I love the idea of him being around the program in some capacity. But we're probably fine without him too.

Yeah, it’s not essential, or anything. But if I were Cut, there are worse things I could be doing than making six figures hanging out around the football complex a few days a week.

I hit a few balls the other day for the first time in a long time and was slicing like crazy.. I don’t know what I was doing different
Try to get one of your buddies to film your swing on their phone. If you're slicing the ball, your swing is probably going from outside in and not down the line. That's pretty easy to correct but you need to see your swing on film. One thing I've noticed with guys who slice the ball is they kinda hood the club face at address. That's bad and promotes an even bigger slice.

Exactly...I see the collateral damage of overzealous stupidity on a daily basis and even though I am not currently on pain management, I have been 3-4 times during extremely bad stretches over the last twenty years, so I have a far different perspective than most people do. I took them as prescribed when needed, and worked out a schedule with my Doc to come off of them when I felt I could.

Good people should NEVER be made to suffer needlessly because of the actions of idiots that just want to get high.

It seems like people's chemistry and personality play into it a lot. Some people are able to maintain Dr's direction and have no big issue coming off prescriptions. Others get so wrapped up in it, physically and mentally, that they can't break free. Some fight it until they're dead or in jail and still others like it so much that they have zero intentions of ever stopping. It's a terrible reality that torments the very souls of most people who find themselves in the situation.

More research and much more product transparency should've been offered to everyone involved before putting such a powerfully addictive drug in common reach of most of society. Alternative maintenance medications are also extremely addictive, but becoming drug free seems like an impossibility for many in the cycle.

For those fighting it, there is hope. Just 1 day at a time and pretty soon a year or two have passed and it all will seem like a bad dream.

have we posted this?

I was living in L.A. at the time, and we had tickets to a UCLA game that day from the beginning of the season. Just wanted to experience the Rose Bowl.

The game in Pasadena was dull in the 2nd half, and the crowd was rather bored and quiet. That is, until the P.A. announcer began updating the TN/FL score. The stadium erupted.

Lots of TN supporters among the Bruin faithful.

Have a cousin in Cal that does some stuff for USC. Gave me a head's up on the Riley news, with the promise of keeping quiet. She was insistent.

It was killing me, even tho no one here would care that much. If it had concerned TN, my head may very well have exploded😳😅
How long before it was publicly announced did she tell you? I'm curious because of that post last night that someone said was allegedly from a USC insider that summed up their whole search (starting with Fickell was their target but he wouldn't talk until season over).

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back