Duck Hunters Thread

Went this afternoon to check boards and brush lids. Saw 2 ducks for the 2 hours I was there.

Just to kill time waiting on the season. What is some of the gear you use? Feel free to post good and bad reviews on calls, decoys, waders, etc.

Thumbs up on: Higdon decoys, Lares calls, and Colman coffe thermos.

Thumbs down on: Banded waders and cheep wool socks

I like the higdons but we run GHGs in our field. I have another 5dz XDs for boat hunting. Thumbs down on the durability of the hardwired 4 pack flashers. we have two sets and they literally fall apart

Just to kill time waiting on the season. What is some of the gear you use? Feel free to post good and bad reviews on calls, decoys, waders, etc.

Thumbs up on: Higdon decoys, Lares calls, and Colman coffe thermos.

Thumbs down on: Banded waders and cheep wool socks
Got some light weight Frogtoggs waders with a removable liner last year. Great for days with highs in the 40s. Still using a 20 year old set of lacrosse neoprene waders for cold days.

I like my FrogTog waders. I love my Avery Heritage coat.

On the lanyard: Lares hybrid, Power Charge, RNT Speck Tackler

Reactions: clarksvol00
Love my banded waders, Sitka jackets and pants, avian decoys, higdon flasher splashes, pulsators and SB3

Well after reading @Mose Phillip's Watch review on ark I had my doubts but just got back from my first ever flooded rice duck hunt. Went with an outfitter a friend of my sons hunts with annually on opening weekend. We were there right after on Tuesday weds and thanksgiving day. Had an absolute blast and saw more ducks picking up decoys one day than I have seen in the last 10 years COMBINED in eastern nc.
Limits of specks, some light geese (Ross,snow and blues), and close to 4 man limits of greenies, spoonbills, gadwall, teal, widgeon, and a couple of pins In 2 of the 3 days we were there. Thanksgiving day was a 4 duck hunt due to hurricane rain, a wet cold wiggling 14 year old and bad shooting lol. Had thanksgiving dinner in Nashville @5 pm so the plan with guide was kind of a Hail Mary let’s kill some ducks early and get on the road but the adjacent landowners grandkids went ”deer hunting“ on their side by sid about LST and got birds up off the nest the other direction from our pit. Guide was pissed but of the three days my guys had the most fun even though the dead ducks were missing.

Well after reading @Mose Phillip's Watch review on ark I had my doubts but just got back from my first ever flooded rice duck hunt. Went with an outfitter a friend of my sons hunts with annually on opening weekend. We were there right after on Tuesday weds and thanksgiving day. Had an absolute blast and saw more ducks picking up decoys one day than I have seen in the last 10 years COMBINED in eastern nc.
Limits of specks, some light geese (Ross,snow and blues), and close to 4 man limits of greenies, spoonbills, gadwall, teal, widgeon, and a couple of pins In 2 of the 3 days we were there. Thanksgiving day was a 4 duck hunt due to hurricane rain, a wet cold wiggling 14 year old and bad shooting lol. Had thanksgiving dinner in Nashville @5 pm so the plan with guide was kind of a Hail Mary let’s kill some ducks early and get on the road but the adjacent landowners grandkids went ”deer hunting“ on their side by sid about LST and got birds up off the nest the other direction from our pit. Guide was pissed but of the three days my guys had the most fun even though the dead ducks were missing.
What part of Arkansas, if you don't mind me asking?

What part of Arkansas, if you don't mind me asking?
I don’t mind at all… dewitt, Stuttgart and some other place close to there. We hunted close to and in Dewitt but our roomates ( guy, his wife and two buddies ) in the “ lodge“ were from central nc also and they hunted close to Stuttgart and shot limits of ducks or close each day and then went goose hunting in the pm. I put lodge in quotations cause the accommodations were very clean, well apportioned with cooking equip and some basic staples and very comfortable but we shared a 3 bedroom 2 bath modular with a common dining and living room. Our group of 4 had 2 bedrooms and the other guy and lady were on the other end of the house with a big room and 4 beds.

Reactions: clarksvol00
Spread is completely out now. Adding some more water to the field. It’s time to get rolling.

VN Store

Back