UT administration after Kiffan bolted...

UT's#1Fan

Senior Executive Member
...were BAFOONS and that's actually insulting those lovable primates.

Seeing these blue bloods make moves like this is very telling. It proves our fanbase was not crazy for wanting the best back when Kiffen bolted for USC.

Who did we get.. Derek frickin Dooley who had a losing record at La. Tech. W.T.A.Frick.

Then we follow that up with 2 equally disastrous hires in Botch and Cornbread. I just pray that we can hold onto JH and he brings us back.

Go VOLS!!!

Seeing these blue bloods make moves like this is very telling. It proves our fanbase was not crazy for wanting the best back when Kiffen bolted for USC.

Who did we get.. Derek frickin Dooley who had a losing record at La. Tech. W.T.A.Frick.

Then we follow that up with 2 equally disastrous hires in Botch and Cornbread. I just pray that we can hold onto JH and he brings us back.

Go VOLS!!!

Did you mean "buffoons", or "baboons"?

Go VOLS!!!

ms-JDj8gM.gif

I think we blundered post Kiffin for mainly two reasons. We were cheap, unwilling to spend what was needed at the time. The UT during Fulmer's time was too generous. I've read that the football program handed over millions to academics, then when that money was really needed, we just didn't have it and academics wasn't willing to give a dime back. I've read, not too long ago, this generosity is no longer available from the athlete department for that very reason.

With all the coaching turmoil, I picked up my copy of Mark Nagi's book about the last decade of Tennessee's coaching debacles last night again, and the Dooley hire was the worst. Jones and Pruitt were bad coaches, but understandable decisions considering the situations we were in, but jumping the gun with Dooley was just such a colossal blunder when Cutcliffe had verbally agreed to take over, only to have Hamilton tell him he couldn't bring his staff. A lot of that goes down to Hamilton's ego. Cutcliffe wasn't going to win a natty anytime soon, but he would have kept us at a respectable level until he could hand over a program with much more stability and one that was still seen as a desirable destination.

I do agree we had poor leadership back then, but I will also say that the timing of it all was difficult. We ended up having to find a new coach I feel like right before national signing day in January. We were in a mad scramble to salvage a class.

Their mistake was caring about one recruiting class.

Reactions: oz615 and BanditVol
TX thought they got a good one, so did UF and LSU recently had to settle for O. OU is going to get a coordinator so who knows if that pans out either. Big name doesn't necessarily mean big results

Wait, does this guy really think that’s how you spell baboon?

I think they believe that this animal is called a 'BAFOON'.

5VRpoZoyUuepUJi5kFTzmC.jpg

VN Store

Back