Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll be honest…

Riley leaving OU for USC & now Kelly leaving ND for LSU has definitely made me worry about Heupel to OU.

Still think they have other names ahead of him, but it is his alma mater & he hasn’t had a losing season as a HC.

Their last 2 hires though were coordinators, so who knows.
I like Heupel, but I don't think he's currently on OUs radar unless they start striking out. These coaches who are jumping ship are getting 10 mill plus. OU would have to come like that if they want him. Heupel might be worth that eventually, but I think there are other coaches that would get that money before him this year

@Skizer41 we are a training group with 2 facilities and host camps in 10-12 states. We primarily operate in Tennessee, Ga, Michigan, and Texas. We're not handlers and we do not push kids in any direction. Many UT fans are butt hurt because kids who move to TN don't respect the UT brand because of the past 10 yrs. While my partner as we as myself love the University of Tennessee and are both VFLs it is not our responsibility to do the job of coaches who make handsome paychecks. In the case of Ky they were willing to tell Destin Wade he could play qb and sold his twin brother on being the next great Wildcat pass rusher. They also sold Keaten on the fact that they continue to put guys from their defense in the NFL they referenced Bud Dupree to the most recent Zadarius Smith and Josh Allen. As far as Barion goes he has a great relationship with the Wade twins via NPA and Dream Team 7v7. Barion did not mesh with Kodi Burns and that relationship never jumped off in the right direction. We have ZERO issues with UT or the current staff at all. Our only issues were with lying ass Butch Jones. We currently had 9 players listed on the UT roster but idiots still want to push a narrative that isn't true like what @mrcheckerboards typed. Any questions or references needed feel free to @ me on here or hmu on Twitter @natlplaymkrsAca
You don’t help yourself posting updates on other teams commits. I respect you enough to never believe that you’re clueless in your intentions. Net result is you get your desired rise out of VN posters and then pretend it’s THEIR “narrative”. You pick a fight because you feel disrespected and in effect invite whole tonnage of disrespect. These posters will keep going at you, man. They don’t get tired. And neutral posters are perfectly capable of checking your post history and viewing your part in the fracas. Your efforts have succeeded in shutting down the Wade threads and Ty Simpson’s recruit thread is next. If that was your target? Happy shooting!

You don’t help yourself posting updates on other teams commits. I respect you enough to never believe that you’re clueless in your intentions. Net result is you get your desired rise out of VN posters and then pretend it’s THEIR “narrative”. You pick a fight because you feel disrespected and in effect invite whole tonnage of disrespect. These posters will keep going at you, man. They don’t get tired. And neutral posters are perfectly capable of checking your post history and viewing your part in the fracas. Your efforts have succeeded in shutting down the Wade threads and Ty Simpson’s recruit thread is next. If that was your target? Happy shooting!
Facts

I’ll be honest…

Riley leaving OU for USC & now Kelly leaving ND for LSU has definitely made me worry about Heupel to OU.

Still think they have other names ahead of him, but it is his alma mater & he hasn’t had a losing season as a HC.

Their last 2 hires though were coordinators, so who knows.
OU will hire a big name/big money coach. Otherwise, they will sink and they know that. They better hurry up and not be late to the dance.

OU needs to hurry up and hire Venables. I seriously doubt Heupel is going anywhere but based on that interview, he certainly didn't say he's not either.

Just not good business to definitively say "I'm a Vol for life and would never, ever, ever consider leaving" when you're a hot commodity and your alma mater has an opening. Even if he has no intentions to leave Knoxville, he can still get a nice raise out of this.

I agree, but I also disagree. No, don't see how he plays over Theo; but, he's better than Theo, much better, actually, imo. That's NOTHING against Theo, he had one hell of a season; but, surprised we didn't see Turnage more, regardless of position...kid can player CB, too. He's just way more athletic, quicker and faster than Theo.

Again, nothing against Theo, he's been a great VFL, and has had a great season...Turnage is just on a whole other level, I believe. Can't wait till next year!!
Huh…? Much better than Theo? I don’t think so. Atleast not this year. Maybe he will grow to be better than Theo but he was not this year. He did have a good game though.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I like Heupel, but I don't think he's currently on OUs radar unless they start striking out. These coaches who are jumping ship are getting 10 mill plus. OU would have to come like that if they want him. Heupel might be worth that eventually, but I think there are other coaches that would get that money before him this year

Yep, my same thoughts as well. He isn’t leaving for 5m a year and I don’t know if they wanna pony up 7.5m+ (and buyout) to get Heupel.

Also I think Banks isn’t leaving to DC. His name floating for Duke tells me he’s only leaving to be a HC.

2022 Schedule
Ball State
Pitt (@ Pitt)
Akron
FL
-off-
LSU (@ lsu)
Bammer
UT Martin
UK
UGA (@UGA)
Mizzou
USCe (@USCe)
Vandy (@ Vandy)

Record guesses?
FL vulnerable @ home w/ a new coach?
Is there a reason to think that LSU is more or less possible w/ Kelly there?
Too early to say? Roster is a big part of the answer a guess here.

I think it’s very possible we go 10-2 with that schedule.

Genuine question and take your SEC bias out of it. Based off the info we know about what USC is paying Riley, how the hell could anybody hate him making that move? He made the right business decision and it’s pretty clear as day

Its fine. The business decision was probably correct. That doesnt mean i cant call it weaselly.

He also could have probably leveraged that offer into whatever he wanted at OU or LSU if thats what he wanted to do. He wanted to flee to the west. So thats what he did. Thats fine. Now we can see him clearly.

EA interviewed coach this morning. Here's what he had to say.

What's up with the Oklahoma deal coach

Coach Heupel said:
For myself and my family, We absolutely love Knoxville and uh We came to Tennessee because of thu power of the T, believe in the power of the fanbase and the opportunity to build something extremely special....We love being in Knoxville, it's home for us. I love being in the building with our staff and our players and I know I feel stronger today than I did ten months ago when I first took the job about what we're going to be able to do and how quickly we're going to be able to get there. I know we're building a championship caliber football team and excited to continue on that venture with our current players and staff.

You're staying at Tennessee and coaching football

Coach Heupel said:
We absolutely love Tennessee and believe in what we are going to be building here and can't be happier and more excited about what we're going to be able to do next year and in the coming years !

I'm not saying you're pushing players anywhere; I don't know that to be true or false, but, how many NPA players are looking at Tennessee in this year's class? Any? I'm also curious, who are the 9 players listed on the UT roster, and which coach did they commit to? I understand that UT has been a mess, and that recruits see that. I'm not arguing that fact. I also understand other schools have been a mess.

Stoops is lying to Destin to get him, and you and I both know that. He's not a QB. I understand why some coaches do that, but if you're advising these kids, I'm not suggesting you push them toward one school or another, but I am suggesting you be honest enough with them to tell them that their futures are at other positions.

Lastly, I think you get a lot of unfair name-calling and vitriol on this board, but I also think you instigate sometimes by continuing to talk about the past and how bad we've been. This is now, and Heupel and staff did pretty damn good this year. I would hope kids like the Wade twins and others would take notice of that. I think Tennessee is on the verge of something special.

Sometimes, these kids need a dose of reality rather than the fantasies, dreams, and utter BS that some coaches feed them.
That mercenary scumbag deserves every thing he gets on here. You have to be deaf, dumb and blind to not see what they are doing at NPA.

I don't understand what more Chadwell has to do to get a sniff at a big job. It looks like he is going to have to go somewhere nobody wants to go..like Vandy or Kansas and win to ever move up.

And I think he’s happy waiting at Coastal. He can keep winning 10+ a year, lives on the beach at a new program that has some great fans and he’s only gonna get paid more the longer he stays and is successful.

If I’m him I’d just be patient, he’s in a really good spot.

One needs to ask oneself, would I want this man mentoring my child in football or anything else? And you'd have your answer

It appears some of you are just worry warts and love to stress yourself out. Smoke some weed and relax

I get why people are nervous. This program can’t absorb losing another promising young coach after his first season here.

The odds of him leaving are low, but the stakes are really high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back