Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are going to give him a BAG and he doesn't have to indulge in the SEC recruiting and week to week wars. He had secretly been committed to LSU prior to this. Again just as when Kiffin did it USC is a coaches dream. Recruiting is easy and less required to bring in a top elite class because Cali has pretty much all you need.
Then why did Kiffin get his ass fired on the tarmac?

I’ve seen quite a few people say that Heupel wouldn’t go back to OU because he got fired from there but wasn’t it Stoops that fired him? I’m not sure why he would have animosity for OU if Stoops made the call.

Anyone guaranteeing that Heupel wouldn’t go to Oklahoma is just speculating. He’s an alumnus, it’s a better job, and they’re loaded with talent so the path to a playoff is easier. If they were serious about him they could get him and why wouldn’t he listen?

I don’t think he’d be #1 on their list but he’d be on their list.

They are going to give him a BAG and he doesn't have to indulge in the SEC recruiting and week to week wars. He had secretly been committed to LSU prior to this. Again just as when Kiffin did it USC is a coaches dream. Recruiting is easy and less required to bring in a top elite class because Cali has pretty much all you need.

Here’s to Lincoln Riley having as much success at the coaches’ dream USC as Kiffin!

Anyone guaranteeing that Heupel wouldn’t go to Oklahoma is just speculating. He’s an alumnus, it’s a better job, and they’re loaded with talent so the path to a playoff is easier. If they were serious about him they could get him and why wouldn’t he listen?

This exactly

Reactions: BigSteve09
I think I'm probably just eyeballing any reason I can for UGA to lose. 😆
Well...Clemson did give them a game, and if they had any offense at all, they could have won..so.. UM does have a much better offense than Clemson, but do they have the ability to lock UGA down?

It’s not a better job when all things are equal. And he’d have a choice in the matter.

He's not going anywhere...

Reactions: VOLSONLY
It’s not a better job when all things are equal. And he’d have a choice in the matter.
all things aren’t equal, though. They have a much more talented roster and arent under NCAA investigation. I don’t think it gets to him, but I imagine it would be hard to turn down if it did.

It’s a better job today if we’re getting technical. Maybe 3 years from now, a rebuilt roster, and sanctions in the rear view window they would be equal.

Chadwells ncaa issues can’t be that bad right? His name has not come up in any coaching searches I’ve seen. You’d think VT would be interested.
Rumors out of VT is they may be looking to hire a Penn St DC or Marshall's HC. Not looking good at VT right now.

all things aren’t equal, though. They have a much more talented roster and are t under NCAA investigation. I don’t think it gets to him, but I imagine it would be hard to turn down if it did.
Things don’t stay status quo and I don’t think the past history between them helps them with the chore. That talent level can drop significantly in a calendar year…and already is. They weren’t too loaded to make room for 3 of our former players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back