Riley to USC…the inevitable Josh Heupel to OU freak out thread

You mean like we did with Barnes?

As Tennessee fans we should hope the school pays any coach that’s done a good job for us. Like what happened with Barnes. And by all accounts I’d say he’s earned that extension. We’ve remained a top performing and recruiting program since that contract extension.
We pay a lot of money to support the school so our school should absolutely pay whatever is necessary to keep our successful coaches. If they go cheap and allow coaches to leave while replacing them with inferior talent… That’s just really crappy as an administration. That means the administration is only worried about their bottom line and not worried about the on the field/court performance

I mean, I hope the OU thing doesn’t impact us at all - I’m a fan of CJH.
However, how bizarre would it be that all those guys bolted when CJH was hired to only have him be their coach one year later? 😂😂

Reactions: jhcrane14
Think about it. Riley is just as good of an offensive mind as Heupel. Reading some OU message board stuff tells me they don’t want anymore offensive minded HCs. They want defensive minded ones. Chill VN.

Reactions: jhcrane14
I mean, I hope the OU thing doesn’t impact us at all - I’m a fan of CJH.
However, how bizarre would it be that all those guys bolted when CJH was hired to only have him be their coach one year later? 😂😂
A formal acknowledgement of Heupel’s intention to stay is coming soon. No freak out needed

When you make 10 million a year like Riley you can afford to live there. The mass exodus is due to the cost of living.
Tax Rate will destroy you if you make 10 million. Gauleiter Newsome gonna get his cut. You will be lucky to keep 4 million by the Time the state and local governments get done with you

Actually there will be less pressure on him at USC compared to OU. At OU, you are literally the president of the entire state..... At USC, you're like the 4,426th most famous person in the area.....
All true. I was just, specifically talking about living in California.

If Heupel were to leave for OU, we could probably actually get currently unemployed Gruden this time.

Greg Sankey himself has said that 2025 is the earliest they can realistically hope for to get Texas and OU in the league.

Just like when A&M and Missou waited years to move to the SEC after the announcement? Texas and OU will both be in the SEC by next season.

Reactions: jeff1vol

VN Store

Back