Riley to USC…the inevitable Josh Heupel to OU freak out thread

He wanted no part of the SEC and I'm not blaming him it's actually smart on his part he knew he wasn't winning in THEE LEAGUE

here-we-go-joker.gif

OMG THIS!!!! We need a good coach and staff to rebuild not another mattress burning episode why is that so hard to get that! CJH might not be the best coach in the country but he seems to be the right coach for Rocky Top right now and that's worth a lot to this program.
People are short sighted sometimes when it comes to value.

Reactions: EBFVOL
I agree with this. Between his AD and an excellent staff, I think he stays even if they come at him. Oklahoma moving to the SEC makes it a less attractive job too because their path to the playoff just became much more difficult
OU is the better job in the present than Tennessee. At OU you walk immediately into playoff contention. At Tennessee, we are “hoping” at best to sniff 8-10 wins next year…..

From a pro vs con perspective, Heupel would be making bad career decision to not take the OU job IF OFFERED or requested to interview.

PS- Before the crazies accuse me of hating Heupel, I very much want him to stay. Just keeping things objective.

I wouldn’t be opposed to hiring Kiffin back. I’ll gladly admit that. However I’m not a Heupel hater either. Hope he stays. I just think it would be a dumb career choice for him to not even consider OU and the 7-8 million dollar check, 10+ wins, and playoff contention that comes with it year after year.
The 10+ wins and playoff contention left with Lincoln Riley. OU is joining the SEC and their schedule just got much harder every year.

Yeah because UT has been so great with giving raises. So I guess you are in favor of giving raises for very little production? I really hope you don’t run a business.
I do run a business. It’s obvious you don’t and certainly not a multi-million one that you are commenting about.

OU is the better job in the present than Tennessee. At OU you walk immediately into playoff contention. At Tennessee, we are “hoping” at best to sniff 8-10 wins next year…..

From a pro vs con perspective, Heupel would be making bad career decision to not take the OU job IF OFFERED or requested to interview.

PS- Before the crazies accuse me of hating Heupel, I very much want him to stay. Just keeping things objective.

OU is in the SEC in a couple years anyways, so any advantages it has is going out the window soon. If CJH is happy here, it makes all the sense in the world to tell OU no. You can win just as big as UT as you can at OU in the next few years.

He hasn’t earned an extension or a raise.
This cracks me up. If you don’t think someone deserves a salary, and somebody else offers that salary to them, it sure looks like they’re worth that salary! Our consideration isn’t weather he “earned” his salary, it’s whether we think he’s worth more than he’s offered elsewhere.

VN Store

Back