Kyle Rittenhouse - The Truth in 11 Minutes

He was, had that skateboard made contact with his temple he was literally an inch away from death.

Surely you see how absurd your threshold for justification is.
What are the chances of that? I’ll argue all day the probability does not equate to a point blank rifle shot. And again, I understand the legal justification in this instance. I just personally have a difficult time getting there.

We are clearly speaking only to my opinion which I think has constantly gotten lost. I think SD force should match equal force. I also think context matters in these situations.

To specifically answer your question, if you are standing there and I take a swing at your head unexpectedly I think there is a chance I could inflict serious damage. IMO, that is not what happened in the Huber situation.

How is that not what happened in this situation?

And by equal force you mean Rittenhouse has to find a skateboard?

Is your real view that if you knowingly attack an armed man and hit him in the head with a skateboard, that he cannot use his weapon because it’s more deadly than your own?

It depends on the situation/circumstance. Am I running up to you on the ground and you see me coming?

This all started because I was asked my opinion. If I were asked about the Arbery situation, I’d question just as profusely for William Bryan.

What does seeing you coming have to do with anything? If you hit me in the head with a skateboard and I see you or do not see you, I obviously have a right to defend myself

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
What are the chances of that? I’ll argue all day the probability does not equate to a point blank rifle shot. And again, I understand the legal justification in this instance. I just personally have a difficult time getting there.
So if you are standing there and a person is swinging a skateboard at your head while others are assaulting you ....and you are armed........ How many swings do you give before you stop the threat?

Better question I give you a revolver and tell you there may be one live round in that gun, put it to your head and pull the trigger..... How many times are you pulling the trigger?

We are clearly speaking only to my opinion which I think has constantly gotten lost. I think SD force should match equal force. I also think context matters in these situations.

To specifically answer your question, if you are standing there and I take a swing at your head unexpectedly I think there is a chance I could inflict serious damage. IMO, that is not what happened in the Huber situation.

Your opinion is one of the dumbest ever stated.

How is that not what happened in this situation?

And by equal force you mean Rittenhouse has to find a skateboard?

Is your real view that if you knowingly attack an armed man and hit him in the head with a skateboard, that he cannot use his weapon because it’s more deadly than your own?
He barely swung the skateboard and it looks and it looks like his intent was to disarm as he tried to grab the gun while he ran past the kid on the ground.

This is all my opinion obviously but just because you have a gun doesn’t mean you have to use it.

What does seeing you coming have to do with anything? If you hit me in the head with a skateboard and I see you or do not see you, I obviously have a right to defend myself
Where is the line drawn for you here? Does almost any threat warrant the gun use?

He barely swung the skateboard and it looks and it looks like his intent was to disarm as he tried to grab the gun while he ran past the kid on the ground.

This is all my opinion obviously but just because you have a gun doesn’t mean you have to use it.

I agree. I have a gun everyday and don’t use it. But if you had a gun, some guy tried to drop kick, a crowd is screaming to kill you, and another hits you in the head with a skateboard.

You’re saying you wouldn’t use your gun? You’d just do some Bruce Lee stuff and fight them all?

Are we supposed to forget all the images of Antifa and in last years summer riots of skateboards being used as shields and weapons?
A 26 YO on a skateboard at that.

So if you are standing there and a person is swinging a skateboard at your head while others are assaulting you ....and you are armed........ How many swings do you give before you stop the threat?

Better question I give you a revolver and tell you there may be one live round in that gun, put it to your head and pull the trigger..... How many times are you pulling the trigger?
I don’t think the instances given are similar.
Had I already killed a man? I wouldn’t run away from that in the 1st place. I’d like to say ultimately that I’m putting the gun on my back and I’m standing up to fight. Or I’d shoot in the air. I’d definitely realize the power of my actions and what I had already done.

Where is the line drawn for you here? Does almost any threat warrant the gun use?

Any true threat of violence, yes. I don’t believe anyone should just hope that their attackers are benevolent.

How can you agree the guy with the skateboard was trying to disarm him and also think it’s not attack to shoot him.

If someone attacks you and attempts to take your gun, is that not a serious threat? Do you believe he should’ve just hoped that the kid with skateboard was benevolent?

I’m having a hard time understanding what you saw as Rittenhouse’s alternative once he’s being attacked in the street by multiple people

I would. Sounds pretty irrelevant 🤷‍♂️

What does seem relevant is that multiple people are attacking, someone hit him with a skateboard and is now trying to take his gun (a fact even you agree to).

Yet instead of blaming the people who attacked a kid in the street. You issue is that the kid defended himself.

What should he have done in that situation? Hoped his attackers stopped?

Any true threat of violence, yes. I don’t believe anyone should just hope that their attackers are benevolent.

How can you agree the guy with the skateboard was trying to disarm him and also think it’s not attack to shoot him.

If someone attacks you and attempts to take your gun, is that not a serious threat? Do you believe he should’ve just hoped that the kid with skateboard was benevolent?

I’m having a hard time understanding what you saw as Rittenhouse’s alternative once he’s being attacked in the street by multiple people
IMO, he put himself in that situation with his own actions. That is a factor to me. I take that into account with your questions because that goes to intent.

IMO, he put himself in that situation with his own actions. That is a factor to me. I take that into account with your questions because that goes to intent.

Yet he attacked none of these people. So by put himself there, you mean, like these people, he was somewhere he shouldn’t have been?

So there’s countless issues with that argument. But the main one is, none of that justified any attacks on him. So once he’s being attacked, how should he respond? Should he have just been man enough to fight the entire mob Bruce Lee style, or can we agree this was a justifiable time to use your gun?

Just when it looks like you can’t say anything dumber.

VN Store

Back