Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firing a guy that was proven at the P5 level, who just got to the conference title and nearly beat Bama this year, to hire a guy that is yet to be proven at the P5 level... is kind of crazy.

And people say that Tennessee has an irrational fanbase with unreasonable expectations.

So weird to me that LSU isnt going after him hard. Kinda feels like a red flag. He's sitting in your back yard and is already beloved in that state.
Overthinking it imo. But it would be like us hiring Norvell early in his Memphis tenure or Will Healey circa Austin Peay even.

The LSU people all seem to think they have their guy locked up, but they are all over the place on who it is. If OSU beats OU this week, then we’ll see if if LSU has bagged one of the two big fish by Sunday (Riley or Jimbo). If not, then they really are on plan C, D, or E. I really just don’t see Campbell being a good fit at that place.

Reactions: Brillovol
And people say that Tennessee has an irrational fanbase with unreasonable expectations.
He made Mississippi state competitive and took them all the way to number 1. Came in and took Florida to the conference championship.

I dunno, unless you had a BIG NAME lined up, that's really risky to just drop him and start looking around.

Firing a guy that was proven at the P5 level, who just got to the conference title and nearly beat Bama this year, to hire a guy that is yet to be proven at the P5 level... is kind of crazy.
Dan Mullen lost the team. When that happens, it's over. I think he could be a head coach again, but he has to surround himself with the right people.

Dan Mullen lost the team. When that happens, it's over. I think he could be a head coach again, but he has to surround himself with the right people.
The prevailing theory was that he had his eyes on, and some irons in the fire with, some NFL jobs.

He let the team quit after they lost the SEC Championship. He pretty much checked out after that too.

Then the NFL fell through. Not sure if his "bad interview" rep caught up with him there too, but I think it really surprised him. Hasn't been able to get his groove back since.

Dude why are we so bad at recruiting right now. It’s blowing my mind teams we absolutely embarrassed this year are pulling kids. We have the worst roster in the SEC outside of vandy and we still are going to win 7 and be .500 in league play.
You're assuming the staff wanted him. Maybe they didn't see him as a good fit?

So weird to me that LSU isnt going after him hard. Kinda feels like a red flag. He's sitting in your back yard and is already beloved in that state.
LSU not getting Napier would be a massive mistake. Like others have pointed out, he's already done so much of the foundational work with recruiting and building relationships in Louisiana.

LSU ends up with Campbell in my opinion. Although their fanbase believes in the life of Riley. I keep waiting for his agent Bob Lamonte to regurgitate his infamous words used during the grumours era. "Fantasy world."

LSU ends up with Campbell in my opinion. Although their fanbase believes in the life of Riley. I keep waiting for his agent Bob Lamonte to regurgitate his infamous words used during the grumours era. "Fantasy world."
Campbell will do ok there, but in the end his tenure will end like Mullen did at UF. He will win but not enough to keep their fan base happy.

I fully believe that if Hooker and Tillman come back next year that we're going to win 10 games. I think we'll do well in the portal, we'll have the best QB in the east, we're already better than everyone in the east except GA, LSU is down, Pitt won't have Pickett and we should have beaten them anyway. I think big things happen next year.

Dude why are we so bad at recruiting right now. It’s blowing my mind teams we absolutely embarrassed this year are pulling kids. We have the worst roster in the SEC outside of vandy and we still are going to win 7 and be .500 in league play.
“Dude” argument with your overall point is another conversation, but not over this guy! Lynn Dixon visited but wasn’t being pursued by our staff. Been established.

Campbell will do ok there, but in the end his tenure will end like Mullen did at UF. He will win but not enough to keep their fan base happy.
I agree. Campbell is a good coach but not sure if he is prepared for the difference in expectations between Ames and Baton Rouge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back