Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changing coaches rearly goes as well as everyone thinks it will at the beginning. As Florida and LSU are going to find out.

Its actually interesting, that more and more coaches seem to want to stay put. With playoffs potentially expanding at some point, and conference landscapes changing staying status quo is probably the safer option for now.

Its actually interesting, that more and more coaches seem to want to stay put. With playoffs potentially expanding at some point, and conference landscapes changing staying status quo is probably the safer option for now.

boy am i glad to feel like we found a solid coach. not a moment too soon.

As far as the coaching searches go, does anyone think Chadwell's name gets brought up? It seems LSU is focused on trying to get Campbell to leave Iowa State, and everyone has said Florida has targeted Napier. But most other names that have been mentioned seem content to remain where they are. And there's still several jobs open. Who goes to USC? Who goes to VA Tech? If Harsin goes to Washington, who does Auburn chase?

I really hope Florida and LSU blow their hires. Auburn, too, if they are forced to make one.

Florida is going to have Billy Napier locked up by Monday. Don't like that, he seems like a good coach. Hopefully he won't do well there though. Sometimes its about fit, and that pressure cooker ain't for everyone.

So weird to me that LSU isnt going after him hard. Kinda feels like a red flag. He's sitting in your back yard and is already beloved in that state.

As far as the coaching searches go, does anyone think Chadwell's name gets brought up? It seems LSU is focused on trying to get Campbell to leave Iowa State, and everyone has said Florida has targeted Napier. But most other names that have been mentioned seem content to remain where they are. And there's still several jobs open. Who goes to USC? Who goes to VA Tech? If Harsin goes to Washington, who does Auburn chase?

I really hope Florida and LSU blow their hires. Auburn, too, if they are forced to make one.

I'm really fascinated to see it play out. If Auburn comes open too it's really gonna get wild.

Chadwell and Va Tech seems like a perfect fit to me.

We're lucky our new AD DW had a Ace in the hole and we're lucky it was Heupel !!! This hire is looking better all the way .

So weird to me that LSU isnt going after him hard. Kinda feels like a red flag. He's sitting in your back yard and is already beloved in that state.
Does make you wonder. You know he has connections to all the high school coaches and could probably lock down the state when it comes to recruiting. And Louisiana produces a fair amount of talent.

Does make you wonder. You know he has connections to all the high school coaches and could probably lock down the state when it comes to recruiting. And Louisiana produces a fair amount of talent.

I've thought all along he was clearly gonna be LSUs hire. Maybe they have just show played it to aim higher and felt like they could get him whenever they wanted.

Maybe Florida is zeroing in quickly to take advantage. Interesting dynamic for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back