2024 Recruiting Thread

I can't imagine committing to Warlick but not to Harper
Holly was able to recruit on Pat's coattails for a few years. KJH has to undo the damage to the Lady Vol image from the Warlick years. A top 10 finish, play for the SEC championship, and at least a Sweet Sixteen NCAA and the top 23' and 24's will be much more inclined to invest 4 years to be Lady Vols.

Holly was able to recruit on Pat's coattails for a few years. KJH has to undo the damage to the Lady Vol image from the Warlick years. A top 10 finish, play for the SEC championship, and at least a Sweet Sixteen NCAA and the top 23' and 24's will be much more inclined to invest 4 years to be Lady Vols.

On this, I agree. Winning matters. Culture matters.

Reactions: NeedOrange
Revisionist history.
Holly recruited well right up until the end. Which was way past "Pat's coattails for a few years" as you described it. Her coaching is another question, but at least give her credit for her recruiting.
2019= Horston, Key and Saunders
2018= Green, Massengill, Burrell and Collins

Revisionist history.
Holly recruited well right up until the end. Which was way past "Pat's coattails for a few years" as you described it. Her coaching is another question, but at least give her credit for her recruiting.
2019= Horston, Key and Saunders
2018= Green, Massengill, Burrell and Collins

This is the same UConn fan who said we should recruit 3 stars.

I confess @Rickster you are absolutely right. I did say you should get Brooklyn Miles and that she might be the best point guard left. I'm sorry if she doesn't measure up to your standards.

IDK about Brooklyn but I know you definitely don't meet minimum intelligence standards for posting in our recruiting threads.

According to her twitter feed, she received an offer from the Lady Vols on July 14. She has also indicated offers from GA Tech, Clemson, Michigan, Virginia, Kentucky, Ohio State, NC State, Penn State, Auburn, Vanderbilt, Miami, and, Cincinnati. I expect there are, or will be, others. I'm somewhat surprised not to see any mention of an offer from Georgia.

Jim

According to her twitter feed, she received an offer from the Lady Vols on July 14. She has also indicated offers from GA Tech, Clemson, Michigan, Virginia, Kentucky, Ohio State, NC State, Penn State, Auburn, Vanderbilt, Miami, and, Cincinnati. I expect there are, or will be, others. I'm somewhat surprised not to see any mention of an offer from Georgia.

Jim
she is at the same high school of Andraya Carter and Andraya knows her as well she is like a mentor to Ava Grace

I think we are going think we are going to need a couple of GOOD bigs in the 2023 class, maybe 1 in 23 and 1 in 24 class. I think that will be a priority for us with key leaving.
As far as guards go we need an elite 3pt shooter a sniper from long range and PG who is a true PG.
I hope kellie can recruit what we need not just what we can get if that makes sense

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I think we are going think we are going to need a couple of GOOD bigs in the 2023 class, maybe 1 in 23 and 1 in 24 class. I think that will be a priority for us with key leaving.
As far as guards go we need an elite 3pt shooter a sniper from long range and PG who is a true PG.
I hope kellie can recruit what we need not just what we can get if that makes sense
Miles is 111% a PG,,,not a combo, not a shooter. she is a slasher and a defensive pest. ANd,,,she's this already!..don't have to wait for her to develoip into her spot.... agree tho on the sniper...Darby's stepping up and I hope she stays consistent, , , Puckett can hit the long ball, Rae, incoming Justine and one that shouldn't be over-looked Madi Hawk....we got that shooting thing covered pretty good right now.

Agree totally on the bigs...All focus now is finding someone to fill TK's role upon exit.

Miles is 111% a PG,,,not a combo, not a shooter. she is a slasher and a defensive pest. ANd,,,she's this already!..don't have to wait for her to develoip into her spot.... agree tho on the sniper...Darby's stepping up and I hope she stays consistent, , , Puckett can hit the long ball, Rae, incoming Justine and one that shouldn't be over-looked Madi Hawk....we got that shooting thing covered pretty good right now.

Agree totally on the bigs...All focus now is finding someone to fill TK's role upon exit.

Angelica Velez #38 ranked from Webb is this type of point guard….:: great ball skills and a pest on defense ! Not a shooter and not a combo either ! She’s a junior so two years to develop an offense but not a scorer as of yet !
She will make foul shots though ? Just Saying

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

Coach, do you think MIles may take over at starting PG this season?

Coach, do you think MIles may take over at starting PG this season?
its a very good possibility.
speed guards that are torrid defenders and can attack the hoop and finish are as rare as back-to-the-basket Centers and true power forwards

Coach K knows what she has in Miles, bc, that is a guard type we/she/everyone struggles to matchup to

ALready this season I have seen Miles and Walker, Walker and Horston, Horston and Miles and so far subbing them interchangeably has not caused a riff in the flow of the games.

If this does happen it will not be in the next few games as Coach K has shown she will not change the starters until SEC play gets nearer

Madi is from Morristown Tennessee

Her FB profile says she is from JEFFERSON CITY, TN , but goes to HS at Lakeway Christian Academy in White pine.... I mean literally 30mins from TBA lol
I dont know but im partial to our hometown TN kids I hate to see them get looked over by TN then go somewhere else and shine, happens to much

Reactions: StrangeVol

VN Store

Back