Those missing Eric Gray: Jabari Small has better stats this year…

I like Small but let’s get real, Gray is a superior back and he would still be starting here over him. If Small can get close to 200 yards in a game with multiple TDs I might change my mind, but until then it’s not even close. I don’t want Gray back by any means because he clearly didn’t want to be here, but let’s not act like he wasn’t a great back for us while he was here. Especially with that atrocious QB play and every defense knew who was getting the ball every single game.
Did he "clearly not want to be here" or was he advised to move on because he was named as a player that took money? 🤷‍♂️

We likely never know the truth of it all..

Actually I gave you facts with stats to back up my argument. What have you provided other than being a troll?
Troll…seriously. That’s whoever doesn’t go with your viewpoint, huh? He had decent games…nothing special except the Vandy game. Find your inner chill, fan boy. 😏

Troll…seriously. That’s whoever doesn’t go with your viewpoint, huh? He had decent games…nothing special except the Vandy game. Find your inner chill, fan boy. 😏
So 200 yards against Auburn on the road isn’t special? Now I know you are trolling.

So 200 yards against Auburn on the road isn’t special? Now I know you are trolling.
57th ranked defense on a team that finished unranked. Maybe you’re easily impressed or a (not so deep in the) closet Auburn shill? 😏 If they touched him he toppled like a flour sack. Glad he’s gone…we deserve better.

I like Small but let’s get real, Gray is a superior back and he would still be starting here over him. If Small can get close to 200 yards in a game with multiple TDs I might change my mind, but until then it’s not even close. I don’t want Gray back by any means because he clearly didn’t want to be here, but let’s not act like he wasn’t a great back for us while he was here. Especially with that atrocious QB play and every defense knew who was getting the ball every single game.
Superior? BS

Isn't grayback a species of whale? I didn't know they played football.
5148.gif
No, it's an old male gorilla.

He was basically the offense.
Doesn’t mean you’re great. We have been too long without a great running back that we don’t know what great is anymore. Great is a running back that Bama or GA would want. He was good. He’s not a first rounder. Kamara was great. Kamara would have flourished in this system. Every nfl team would want kamara. Bama and GA would have wanted Kamara by the end of his career (well maybe not Bama, that was king Henry time there).

He could’ve stayed and paid back any benefits if that’s the case. It happens fairly regular in college athletics.
If you can afford to pay back what you received. My guess is the school pressured those involved to leave so they could demonstrate to the ncaa that they cleaned house.

To be clear, I don’t know if Gray was involved in receiving improper benefits.

Having Gray or Chandler once we started having a rotation of injuries would have helped. Tiyon has played in half the games this year, and small has missed a few too.

Depth takes a real hit when you have multiple transfers from the same position - and that really shows when injuries hit. We had injuries on the OL, LB, and RB positions and didn’t have great depth to cover.
But hopefully after players see what Heupel and staff can do and they hear first hand from current players about his coaching style we can attract more quality transfers than we lose.

I would like to have Jahmir Johnson back.

I think Gray and others are gone for a very specific reason... so discussions like this are moot. UT had to restart its program clean... and some players had to be gone for that to happen.

It is easier to pick up a RB than a quality OL…and we lost 3 OL via the portal plus losing Trey to the NFL…but on the positive side, we lost Will Friend.

It is easier to pick up a RB than a quality OL…and we lost 3 OL via the portal plus losing Trey to the NFL…but on the positive side, we lost Will Friend.
Only problem there is that Morris is now a back up RIGHT TACKLE for OU. To me... that kind of screams that he was getting paid and could not be moved from LT or benched. The guy has never played like a 5*.

Who is the other OL loss to the portal that mattered?

I don't miss any of the guys that are not here now. They did not want to play here anymore. So be it. Bye! I am worried about the boys that are on this team. Proud of them BTW. They have really played hard and have had a pretty good season all things considered.

Reactions: rocytop2624
IF he did get bad money, I don't think our leadership would allow him that option. The idea was to purge every offending staffer and player. To keep them would be accepting bad behavior. Not in the mitigating game plan. I a GUESSING that part of our plan to get a smaller hammer from the NCAA is to be prepared to publicly defend ourselves with sharing the names of those accepting illegal benefits and showing those schools enabled them to play without restitution. I would like to know who and how much for sure. This might a tool to get the NCAA to advise our old coach those facts might get out and not in his best interest to fight for the money. Those details would make it harder to ever get back in the college game if that is what he would want to do once they hit the public record. All we have to do is confess and share details. I don't know how many got the money, certainly not the majority that hit the portal.
So do you think the University will and should also cut ties with the donors/boosters who supplied the bad money?

That's the double standard I see on VN.

Everyone seems to love to hate on the young men who took the money and say nothing about the fat cat donors who ALSO played dirty. Everyone wants to know who TOOK money but I think it's only fair we also go after those who GAVE the money and expose them as dirty also.

Do we know he didn’t want to be here vs wasn’t allowed to come back? The internal investigation report stated that the involved players were no longer on the team. It is possible that some guys left because they had to leave.
I don't believe he would have played here if he wanted to. Chandler could have

So do you think the University will and should also cut ties with the donors/boosters who supplied the bad money?

That's the double standard I see on VN.

Everyone seems to love to hate on the young men who took the money and say nothing about the fat cat donors who ALSO played dirty. Everyone wants to know who TOOK money but I think it's only fair we also go after those who GAVE the money and expose them as dirty also.
Go after the other university's in the SEC first please.

We turned ourselves in. We didn't get caught. And you shouldn't assume.
We "turned ourselves in" because the information was provided to the Chancellor. If she and Boyd had "sat on it" we'd be in even deeper crap.

So technically, yeah, we "self reported" but any Chancellor or University President who gets that kind of info and does nothing is setting the school up for disaster.

Someone placed the administration in a lose-lose spot and they reported it rather than take the chance the same person who gave it to them wouldn't give it to the NCAA next.

What would you have done in Plowman and Boyd's shoes?

We "turned ourselves in" because the information was provided to the Chancellor. If she and Boyd had "sat on it" we'd be in even deeper crap.

So technically, yeah, we "self reported" but any Chancellor or University President who gets that kind of info and does nothing is setting the school up for disaster.

Someone placed the administration in a lose-lose spot and they reported it rather than take the chance the same person who gave it to them wouldn't give it to the NCAA next.

What would you have done in Plowman and Boyd's shoes?
And in the report Pruitt went to the ATM and another coach fired provided his credit card.

VN Store

Back