Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Where is need orange? I like hearing her/his spin on things, very educated bb fan.
To needs orange, one thought from me, Uconn will need to toughen up, plenty of other opponents will hit the glass hard vs them this year, cannot win every game just by being best shooting team in nation, takes some grit, defense and toughness also.

The experience of slogging along sidewalks that had feet of snow piled up on them, in hose and heels back in the day, is burned forever in my memory. Brrrrrrr!!
Damn, now when I think about you I’ll be thinking heels and hose…sorry, couldn’t resist

Just Karoline

No we will need everyone of our big`s Emily will need to play now that`s a fact. If you look at the match up. We matched up better last year. Davis is 6-2 and long and she did damage with her length and ability knock down shot`s with a SC defender in her face. We don`t have that this yer. But on the real Emily will need to play.

Don’t count us out Rooster. You have us at home, but don’t forget last season. This Lady Vol defense is for real and we match up better with y’all on the interior than either UCONN or NC State from a defensive standpoint. Cunane is an excellent offensive player but does not have the shot blocking prowess Tamari has.
Oh I know, your D is just so good, and Key is a Defensive force…will be a battle and fun to watch. I really hope Rae is back soon, and better than ever.

Last edited:
Amen. Emily will never be a factor against a team like SC.

I agree none factor but you will need to by Key a few for rest or foul trouble. Because you know Dawn will go right at Key know after she is out of the game they can go to work inside out. ?

I will agree Key is shot blocking prowess. But she will need to play smart with 6-5 Boston and 6-7 Cardoso in at the same time. She can`t just go try and block shot`s that will not work against SC do to weakside offensive rebounding. Or with 6-4 Amihere in the game. Key can match any of SC players on the defensive end. But can she match them on the boards and the offensive end ? Also Emily and Striplin will need to play in this game due to the size of SC. There is no way they will not play in this game. Saxton is 6-2 and Beal is 6-2. So at the end of the day Key will need a ton of help.
Think you spot on, Key needs some help from other bigs in that game, otherwise it’s her versus Boston, Amihere and Cordosa. They played all 3 together today…UT will have to go big at times.

Last edited:
I agree none factor but you will need to by Key a few for rest or foul trouble. Because you know Dawn will go right at Key know after she is out of the game they can go to work inside out. ?
If it works and Kellie is forced to go with Emily, she will pick up 3 fouls the first 3 times she has to defend Boston. Aliyah will go right at her every time. There was a game vs. MSST a few years back where Jessika Carter got into foul trouble, and Yemiyah Morris and Promise Taylor were brought off the bench and taking turns fouling Boston until the quarter ended. She practically fouled out MSST's 3 6'5-6'6 post players in three quarters...and all of them are much, MUCH better than Emily will be on her best day. I'd rather see Keyen try to use her big body to hold her ground or roll the dice with Karoline.

Where is need orange? I like hearing her/his spin on things, very educated bb fan.
To needs orange, one thought from me, Uconn will need to toughen up, plenty of other opponents will hit the glass hard vs them this year, cannot win every game just by being best shooting team in nation, takes some grit, defense and toughness also.

Need Orange suddenly disappears anytime UCONN hasn’t played well. Can’t take a good ribbing.

Pulling away now! They want this one. Oregon looks disinterested. They’re missing some key players but I’m not giving them any slack. They have excellent depth and are loaded with talented size.

That size has no desire to play to its potential though. Prince is a waste at 6’7” shooting 15’ fade away jumpers. And only 3 boards against a very undersized opponent. Just no grit to her at all. Won’t even begin to bang on the block and post up.

Pulling away now! They want this one. Oregon looks disinterested. They’re missing some key players but I’m not giving them any slack. They have excellent depth and are loaded with talented size.

That size has no desire to play to its potential though. Prince is a waste at 6’7” shooting 15’ fade away jumpers. And only 3 boards against a very undersized opponent. Just no grit to her at all. Won’t even begin to bang on the block and post up.
Big respect for USF team

KK Arnold (HG#8 and #2 PG) just committed to UConn. She was considering SC too, but HG#7 and #1 PG Milaysia Fulwiley is pretty much a lock for the Gamecocks. Guess they have Paige's understudy to join her for her senior season. If their NC drought continues, I wonder how soon before the top players stop putting them at the top of their list? As good as their freshman class is, they will take a massive hit next season when Williams, Westbrook, ONO and possibly Dorka move on.

VN Store

Back