Those missing Eric Gray: Jabari Small has better stats this year…

I like Small but let’s get real, Gray is a superior back and he would still be starting here over him. If Small can get close to 200 yards in a game with multiple TDs I might change my mind, but until then it’s not even close. I don’t want Gray back by any means because he clearly didn’t want to be here, but let’s not act like he wasn’t a great back for us while he was here. Especially with that atrocious QB play and every defense knew who was getting the ball every single game.

I think Key Lawrence has turned out to be the biggest transfer loss, with Henry T being a close second. Our LBs and DBs have been exposed a lot this year.

That's the second time I see his name (maybe it was you the other time also), but he never even started at UT.

????

That's the second time I see his name (maybe it was you the other time also), but he never even started at UT.

????
He was a freshman that saw action in 10 games behind upperclassmen. He was the former number 1 recruit in the state. He is now starting for Oklahoma… he was missed this year for sure.

I like Small but let’s get real, Gray is a superior back and he would still be starting here over him. If Small can get close to 200 yards in a game with multiple TDs I might change my mind, but until then it’s not even close. I don’t want Gray back by any means because he clearly didn’t want to be here, but let’s not act like he wasn’t a great back for us while he was here. Especially with that atrocious QB play and every defense knew who was getting the ball every single game.
Do we know he didn’t want to be here vs wasn’t allowed to come back? The internal investigation report stated that the involved players were no longer on the team. It is possible that some guys left because they had to leave.

He wasn’t great.

Having Gray or Chandler once we started having a rotation of injuries would have helped. Tiyon has played in half the games this year, and small has missed a few too.

^THIS
Gray doesn't even start at Oklahoma and he has run for less than 40 yards in every game but 2 and 84 is his top versus a cupcake. Oklahoma has had an easier schedule than every SEC team. Georgia 42nd easiest schedule is the easiest in the SEC and there behind them. He has regressed not a hard worker and is fading glad he's a Sooner but due to the injury-prone Tyon we could have used him but Wright's extra reps will pay dividends down the road.

I sure don't want Gray back.

Isn't grayback a species of whale? I didn't know they played football.
5148.gif

Reactions: salsahound
He wasn’t great.
Who essentially won us that bowl game against Indiana in 2019 and who had the 5th most prolific game in our program’s history as a true freshman? Last year, he had four games with 150+ yards from scrimmage, including one game over 200 yards on the road as a true sophomore. And that was against an All-SEC schedule. Small has had a singular game (121 total yards) that sniffs what Gray did for us, and that was against Bowling Green State. That is the only game that Small has even gone over 100 yards. Put Gray in this system with a reliable QB like Hooker and he would shine, as opposed to being subjected to playing with a QB that throws a pick 6 every other drive. People really have a screw loose if they believe Small is doing better for us than what Gray did. Just look at the stats, it’s not even debatable.

Do we know he didn’t want to be here vs wasn’t allowed to come back? The internal investigation report stated that the involved players were no longer on the team. It is possible that some guys left because they had to leave.
He could’ve stayed and paid back any benefits if that’s the case. It happens fairly regular in college athletics.

^THIS
Gray doesn't even start at Oklahoma and he has run for less than 40 yards in every game but 2 and 84 is his top versus a cupcake. Oklahoma has had an easier schedule than every SEC team. Georgia 42nd easiest schedule is the easiest in the SEC and there behind them. He has regressed not a hard worker and is fading glad he's a Sooner but due to the injury-prone Tyon we could have used him but Wright's extra reps will pay dividends down the road.
Kennedy Brooks was the entrenched starter at OU and he is a RS Junior. And Nebraska is not a cupcake this year. The record may say they are but if you actually watched those games, they are far from cupcake status.

He was a freshman that saw action in 10 games behind upperclassmen. He was the former number 1 recruit in the state. He is now starting for Oklahoma… he was missed this year for sure.

Oh okay. Hate to lose him. I'll keep To' to ahead of him, but maybe not by much

Who essentially won us that bowl game against Indiana in 2019 and who had the 5th most prolific game in our program’s history as a true freshman? Last year, he had four games with 150+ yards from scrimmage, including one game over 200 yards on the road as a true sophomore. And that was against an All-SEC schedule. Small has had a singular game (121 total yards) that sniffs what Gray did for us, and that was against Bowling Green State. That is the only game that Small has even gone over 100 yards. Put Gray in this system with a reliable QB like Hooker and he would shine, as opposed to being subjected to playing with a QB that throws a pick 6 every other drive. People really have a screw loose if they believe Small is doing better for us than what Gray did. Just look at the stats, it’s not even debatable.

Now, see here, VolPack, you cut that out!!!! Now!!! You just don't talk informed facts or the truth on VN, nor anything that smacks of common sense! You just don't do that. For having the audacity to violate Volnation Article 9,Section 34, you will hereby be incarcerated at the Holman Correctional Facility in Alabama, to be housed with the lizard felons of Florida, within the Georgia canine block. You ought to know better.

9c4oXy7yi.gif

Reactions: VolPack22

VN Store

Back