'22 FL DT Ahmad Moten (Miami commit)

Tennessee defensive line coach Rodney Garner and linebackers coach Brian Jean-Mary traveled to Fort Lauderdale, Fla., to see Class of 2022 defensive lineman Ahmad Moten, who received an offer from the Vols a little more than two weeks ago. The 6-foot-3, 290-pound Moten holds more than 20 offers and plans to sign in February.

Moten has added offers from Florida, Miami, LSU and others in addition to Tennessee within the past three weeks, and his stock is likely to continue to climb after Early Signing Day.

-Callahan

12/7 Rivals article....
Holding 23 offers, Moten shared which programs have been in pushing hard to land his commitment in February.

“Kentucky, West Virginia, Miami with coach (Mario) Cristobal – I haven’t talked to Oregon since the change, and Oklahoma,” Moten said. “I am still hearing from Clemson, but it is the same deal as with Oregon. Iowa State and Florida, LSU came to my school the other day. North Carolina, I spoke with their defensive line coach (Jay Bateman) on Thursday, Friday, and today. Illinois, they are coming back to see me today with their head coach (Bret Bielema). Tennessee is another school. A lot of coaches came by last week.”

More scheduled in-home visits are coming. One was set with Oregon but now that is influx. Tennessee is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday.
-Rivals

12/7 Rivals article....

-Rivals
A lot of interest from big time schools. Haven't watched him so I'm not going to act like I know how good he is but it seems like he should definitely be a lot higher ratings wise. It's also worth mentioning covid really disrupted a lot of smaller name guys ability to get their profile out there

A lot of interest from big time schools. Haven't watched him so I'm not going to act like I know how good he is but it seems like he should definitely be a lot higher ratings wise. It's also worth mentioning covid really disrupted a lot of smaller name guys ability to get their profile out there
Was the first offer Venables made as OU coach.

When asked about DL that were possibilities this class, Hubbs named a few kids but this guy wasn’t one of them.

This was on the Hubbs power hour. I wonder if that was just an oversight or if he’s lower on the board for us than others are.

When asked about DL that were possibilities this class, Hubbs named a few kids but this guy wasn’t one of them.

This was on the Hubbs power hour. I wonder if that was just an oversight or if he’s lower on the board for us than others are.
Probably an oversight. Seems like his recruitment is blowing up right now. I know they said in the podcast yesterday that he would probably wait til February to sign so maybe he was thinking of near future signees

Reactions: SweetasSoda

Power Hour? Hubbs is great but, doesnt really jive with power hour.

VN Store

Back