Game Thread: (#15/12) Lady Vols 49 - UCF 41

Exactly what defines a mid-major player? How does a mid-major player differ from a P-5 player? I'm asking because last season the Wooden player of the year award went to a mid-major (not a P-5) player. Last season the Naismith Trophy was awarded to a mid-major (not a P-5) player. Last season the AP player of the year award went to a mid-major (not a P-5) player. Last season the Nancy Lieberman Award went to a mid-major (not a P-5) player. Are you saying that players who are not on P-5 teams aren't any good? Because there are a lot of non-P-5 players that would make this team infinitely better.

The term Power 5 or P-5 is defined by college football not college basketball. The waters get muddy when it comes to applying it that term to college basketball.

Power Five conferences - Wikipedia

Year three posters need to be better. Not impressed wth your posts. And they are not isolated instances. You and other posters have failed to persuade the fan base to accept your hate agenda. Other posters are going to have to move on if you don't improve. We want to see improvement in year three from posters like you. C'mon now, step it up.

Lol sad troll attempt

Since I prefer not to troll, I do not go on other team sites and state my opinions about other teams, however, I wonder if the Baylor faithful are dogging their players and coaches after they almost laid a serious egg against Texas State? They had to go OT to win. Can you imagine what some posters on this site would be saying if the Lady Vols had done the same thing? Do we have room for improvement, of course we do. However, it is okay to state your disappointment with the results of a game but to make nasty comments about players and coaches and then to start attacking each other is totally uncalled for. Let’s give the players and coaches more than a two game sample size before we are ready to officially bury them. It is difficult to resurrect any program which has been allowed to go South, while recruiting top 10 classes, for more than seven years.

Since I prefer not to troll, I do not go on other team sites and state my opinions about other teams, however, I wonder if the Baylor faithful are dogging their players and coaches after they almost laid a serious egg against Texas State? They had to go OT to win. Can you imagine what some posters on this site would be saying if the Lady Vols had done the same thing? Do we have room for improvement, of course we do. However, it is okay to state your disappointment with the results of a game but to make nasty comments about players and coaches and then to start attacking each other is totally uncalled for. Let’s give the players and coaches more than a two game sample size before we are ready to officially bury them. It is difficult to resurrect any program which has been allowed to go South, while recruiting top 10 classes, for more than seven years.
I visit the Baylor site occasionally.
You have those that still wish Mulkey was coaching who think, in general, that their best years are behind them. The other side says it's too early to draw any conclusions about the new coach.
Where have you heard those scenarios before ?

That site/article looks like it's done by someone who has no affiliation to the NCAA or any authority to declare what a midmajor is...

And by its own rules the Big East and the AAC would be considered a midmajor team itself because did they get 4 teams in the tourney?

YES they are midmajor because they don't belong to a Power 5 conference. That's why a team like Uconn was trying to get into the ACC.

Nicely written opinion piece though 😃

That site/article looks like it's done by someone who has no affiliation to the NCAA or any authority to declare what a midmajor is...

And by its own rules the Big East and the AAC would be considered a midmajor team itself because did they get 4 teams in the tourney?

YES they are midmajor because they don't belong to a Power 5 conference. That's why a team like Uconn was trying to get into the ACC.

Nicely written opinion piece though 😃
Use google. You will see some links that say you are right. And there are many that say differently.

Use google. You will see some links that say you are right. And there are many that say differently.

So why do we have Power 5 conferences then? Why do people want to be in a Power 5 conference? The Big East WAS a High Major when the old school teams were in there but not now. Sorry it doesn't fit your narrative BUT that's why people try to get into those conferences AND not AAC they want to be in the ACC😂

Uconn moved to the Big East because it was the closest thing to a power conference because the ACC did not let them in between the academic probations and poor performances in other sports besides basketball they didn't fit. Just figured you might know that.

I can use google just fine that's how i found out who the author of that opinion piece you posted was.

But since you think his word is law I would advise you also not to follow his betting advice 😂

John Glowatz — Sports Picks & Tips | Tallysight

Oh feel free to not quote me. I do not care for you and how you always flip things around...

Last edited:
I do not understand the angry nit-picking that goes on here. If no one pays attention and does not reply to the trolls posting here they will go to another board and troll them, leaving us in peace.
Please

You are correct. I've let myself forget why I am here. I apologize to the real Volunteer posters. I've decided to put the worst offenders on ignore, and from on I'll try to focus on the positive and ignore the deliberately negative posters.

So why do we have Power 5 conferences then? Why do people want to be in a Power 5 conference? The Big East WAS a High Major when the old school teams were in there but not now. Sorry it doesn't fit your narrative BUT that's why people try to get into those conferences AND not AAC they want to be in the ACC😂

Uconn moved to the Big East because it was the closest thing to a power conference because the ACC did not let them in between the academic probations and poor performances in other sports besides basketball they didn't fit. Just figured you might know that.

I can use google just fine that's how i found out who the author of that opinion piece you posted was.

But since you think his word is law I would advise you also not to follow his betting advice 😂

John Glowatz — Sports Picks & Tips | Tallysight

Oh feel free to not quote me. I do not care for you and how you always flip things around...
By flip thing around, you mean a different opinion than you. Got it.

Living in a bubble is boring.

Reactions: olddog
I do not understand the angry nit-picking that goes on here. If no one pays attention and does not reply to the trolls posting here they will go to another board and troll them, leaving us in peace.
Please

I've been here about 14 years, which is practically the entire life of some posters, and guess what..... Trolls are still here and have been for ages. You'll never stop the pretenders who come to create chaos no matter how many cheeks you turn.

By flip thing around, you mean a different opinion than you. Got it.

Living in a bubble is boring.

nice try. You don't look at things differently you come in to instigate we have posters that come on and have different views and add to the forum. You come in when there is something negative to drop. That's fine it's whatever but don't call yourself anything other than a troll.

I don't live in a bubble at all. Remember you were the one who made comments that had to be taken down by the mods and you blamed it on your age.

So don't play with me becuz i don't have time for you or your remarks that were racially motivated and you blamed it on "not knowing" and "in your day" BS I won't agree with you because you aren't a decent person at the core and you showed yourself. PERIOD👏🏽 So if i'm in a bubble and it's away from people like you that's fine.

Volnation was so much more pleasant without you... you weren't missed. Actually there was a sense of relief that we thought you were gone permanently bad like a bad rash you show back up.

To all the fans and posters that actually contribute to this board thank you for making it great! Oh and Go LV!!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back