Game Thread: (#15/12) Lady Vols 49 - UCF 41

No he doesn’t. These ladies play for the University of Tennessee and not a mid major school. It was his intent to insult her by insinuating that she is not good enough to be a Lady Vol. That is trolling players and despicable behavior for someone who is obviously not a fan.

agree, even when this negavol has a point, he has no point.
Garth is only here to cause dissension.

Reactions: Lucy and 37620VOL
Exactly what defines a mid-major player? How does a mid-major player differ from a P-5 player? I'm asking because last season the Wooden player of the year award went to a mid-major (not a P-5) player. Last season the Naismith Trophy was awarded to a mid-major (not a P-5) player. Last season the AP player of the year award went to a mid-major (not a P-5) player. Last season the Nancy Lieberman Award went to a mid-major (not a P-5) player. Are you saying that players who are not on P-5 teams aren't any good? Because there are a lot of non-P-5 players that would make this team infinitely better.
Is Big East considered a mid major conference?

Mid-major is the description given to any team that is not a member of a power five conference. Doesn't mean you can't have a few good teams as UConn in women's basketball and sometimes men's basketball. Overall the Power fives will have most of the best teams in most sports.

Mid-major is the description given to any team that is not a member of a power five conference. Doesn't mean you can't have a few good teams as UConn in women's basketball and sometimes men's basketball. Overall the Power fives will have most of the best teams in most sports.
And is called such because of Football

You learn something new everyday. I never knew Villanova and Georgetown were considered mid majors when they were a basketball powerhouse.

You learn something new everyday. I never knew Villanova and Georgetown were considered mid majors when they were a basketball powerhouse.
Villanova still is a power in men's basketball Tennessee has to play them soon. Basketball is where quite a few of the non power 5 teams are on equal footing. Football is where there is the huge separation although Cincinnati is making some noise in that sport this season.

In men's basketball, a lot of non-P-5 schools have found success. National champions include Marquette, Georgetown, Villanova, UConn (4 times), and Louisville (before joining the ACC). Men's final four teams have included Wichita State, VCU, Butler, Memphis, Memphis State, Seton Hall, Cincinnati, UMass, Utah, George Mason, Gonzaga, UNLV, UNC Charlotte, Indiana State, DePaul, Houston, St. John's, Providence, Loyola-Chicago, etc.

I find the knock of “mid major” is funny anyway, considering Kellie took a mid major to the National level. The sweet 16 is the sweet 16 no matter where you started, that’s the beauty of it. Then she left a mid major program in a place to become a perennial power. Those “mid major” teams love being underestimated.

I find the knock of “mid major” is funny anyway, considering Kellie took a mid major to the National level. The sweet 16 is the sweet 16 no matter where you started, that’s the beauty of it. Then she left a mid major program in a place to become a perennial power. Those “mid major” teams love being underestimated.
This year a lot of those teams are more dangerous than ever and we just played a couple of them. Their first eight or nine players are either fifth year seniors, fourth year seniors, or juniors and that experience shows. Little Rock played Vandy last night and won 56 to 40 all those players on Little Rock were either low ranked or no ranking at all players when they arrived. Now as seniors they demolished a Vandy team that has a few recruits ranked in the top 100 along with a couple of touted transfers. It just shows you how players can advance and get so much better and what experience means.

This year a lot of those teams are more dangerous than ever and we just played a couple of them. Their first eight or nine players are either fifth year seniors, fourth year seniors, or juniors and that experience shows. Little Rock played Vandy last night and won 56 to 40 all those players on Little Rock were either low ranked or no ranking at all players when they arrived. Now as seniors they demolished a Vandy team that has a few recruits ranked in the top 100 along with a couple of touted transfers. It just shows you how players can advance and get so much better and what experience means.

Exactly and it definitely seems more players at smaller schools took advantage of the extra year at the SAME school. A lot of the good players this season transferred and are still working into a system. The mid majors have more continuity.

Many of them also shoot the 3 very well and always have. Just like Belmont the other day, they have never been afraid to let it fly from deep. That’s advantageous this season.

Without her it's a loss, you're focusing on her 11 turnovers and I'm focusing on what the game would've looked like if Kellie chose to sit her and we didn't have her 14points, 11 Rebounds, and 3 assist! Find something else to nitpick about because her playing PG isn't the problem (when she plays PG).
Need a few people to wake up and not let passes sail out of bounds. Made some really accurate throws that people weren't paying attention.

I am grading her entire body of work. Not just this year. Postseason results? Recruiting?

I really have not been impressed by most of it.

You may disagree, that’s fine. But this is not an isolated incident caused by injuries.

She has failed to fix turnovers during her tenure here and at some point we are going to have to move on if she doesn’t improve.

Year 3 needs to show results.

Year three posters need to be better. Not impressed wth your posts. And they are not isolated instances. You and other posters have failed to persuade the fan base to accept your hate agenda. Other posters are going to have to move on if you don't improve. We want to see improvement in year three from posters like you. C'mon now, step it up.

Exactly what defines a mid-major player? How does a mid-major player differ from a P-5 player? I'm asking because last season the Wooden player of the year award went to a mid-major (not a P-5) player. Last season the Naismith Trophy was awarded to a mid-major (not a P-5) player. Last season the AP player of the year award went to a mid-major (not a P-5) player. Last season the Nancy Lieberman Award went to a mid-major (not a P-5) player. Are you saying that players who are not on P-5 teams aren't any good? Because there are a lot of non-P-5 players that would make this team infinitely better.

LOL yeah, four awards all to the same player. I completely agree, there are several players on UConn's roster that would make this team infinitely better...

Reactions: olddog

VN Store

Back