Game Thread: (#15/12) Lady Vols 49 - UCF 41

Certain players on our team would be disciplined harshly if coach Pat was still around. Put them on the bench until they represent Tennessee Lady Vols in the right manner.
^^^^This…..love we get the Dub but the product was not it tonight and these next two games play like this and it’s gonna be ugly

Kelly better find a way to fix this offense and quick. If things turn bad, I think the style of play is the type that has her ending the season without a job.

Glad we are 2-0 but this is not competitive play for the SEC and def not LV basketball.

I take it back this team is a 3 and a sub .500 SEC team
In most years I would agree but the SEC is not very formidable this year except of SC so we will have lots of games like this in conference it’s the good OOC teams that will make us look inept.

Assuming they are good enough. The better minutes are found in contested games, not laughers. I’ll gladly admit I’m wrong if she stays on the bench.

OK, Officially, I'm gladly admitting I was wrong. Kellie does not have enough confidence to put her in competitive games or she is sick or something. Regardless, you were right about her not playing.

Reactions: Amb3096
So impressed with Puckett and Miles, so solid. Tough game against a gritty team that likes to make it ugly (they were first in the country last season in scoring defense), all in our first game without our preseason All-American. As others have noted, this team seems farther along defensively than any team in the Holly era and it's been two games. And they box out!

Now how to figure out how we can score consistently, especially while Rae is out.

Other than on the defensive end nobody played that well especially in the second half. A win is a win we can improve about 75 percent. Never thought less than fifty would win a game, but looks like UCF plays all their games win the 50's and barely 60.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
We beat a fired-up good team, on the road, without our star player, and we should all be happy with that. The offense will come along, and the defense is killer -- along with their end-game confidence. I never saw the players OR coaches looking like they were worried about the outcome like I saw way too often a few years ago.

We are on our way up!!! Great win, Lady Vols!

Seems to me scores are lower across the board in WBB this season. I suspect it is due to the poor 3 point shooting. Browsing box scores it’s abysmal really, everyone is still adjusting to the new depth. Only true, pure shooters can do really well from out there. Off balance jump shots from that range are tough to hit.

Hopefully everyone will adjust.

Except Belmont, they seem to have it sorted out 😂

Last edited:
OK, Officially, I'm gladly admitting I was wrong. Kellie does not have enough confidence to put her in competitive games or she is sick or something. Regardless, you were right about her not playing.
I would have been shocked to see Emily or Jessie in this game, figuring it would come down to the wire. I'm more shocked, however, by the fact that Striplin got a DNP.

Reactions: Lucy and Volfan2012
Kelly better find a way to fix this offense and quick. If things turn bad, I think the style of play is the type that has her ending the season without a job.

Glad we are 2-0 but this is not competitive play for the SEC and def not LV basketball.
I don't know this three or four SEC done lost to teams worse than this one at home.

I’m still not entirely sure what our offensive scheme is.

Haven’t seen one yet. Rae was the centerpiece of the offense this season so it’s going to take a few games to work stuff out I’m sure. It’s stagnant right now though, we are forcing turnovers but haven’t converted enough of them into points the last two games.

Need to get some easy buckets in transition because our half-court offense is zilch atm.

Well, you all have to remember; all the smaller schools that have a bunch of 5th-year seniors are gonna be tougher this year. N.C State is up 5 over Wofford of all teams 29-34 at the half. This team we played tonight had 8 senior and/or 5th-year seniors. It was the same was with SIU the other night. Not every mid major this year is going to get blown off the court anymore, especially this year.

VN Store

Back