Do we need to get nervous about recruiting?

We're not going to be hit with scholarship reductions or a bowl ban and even if we were facing them you mean to tell me Mizzu, UK and USCjr are more desirable landing spots? Please!

Penn State did much better with recruiting while under unprecedented sanctions than we are right now.

We are getting scholarship resuctions.

Vols won't impose bowl ban, await NCAA ruling

“Sources told ESPN that the university does plan to self-impose penalties other than a postseason ban such as a reduction in scholarships and other recruiting restrictions. The university has yet to receive a notice of allegations from the NCAA, according to sources.”

Did Penn State lose close to 30 players before their stuff ever came to life? No. Is SC, Missouri and UK better landing spots than TN? No. But the cards are stacked against Heupel. I kind of figured you would have this mindset. When this recruiting class is finished, I can see you will be one that cracks on him for it being bad.

Somehow I don't think that Alabama, Georgia, A and M will be slow to pick up on this new trend. DW should have already designed and developed a robust NIL program, but you can only go as far as your Boosters will take you, and you are competing
with some programs with some very deep pockets. That Athletic Department has a small school feel to it, so not sure who UT has heading up NIL. We likely will never have NIL to compete with say Texas - and a few others. The landscape is changing - are we going to be competitive or are we not. We have very few boosters with deep pockets I am afraid.

Hmmm so you know White doesn’t have great NILs set up right?

We are getting scholarship resuctions.

Vols won't impose bowl ban, await NCAA ruling

“Sources told ESPN that the university does plan to self-impose penalties other than a postseason ban such as a reduction in scholarships and other recruiting restrictions. The university has yet to receive a notice of allegations from the NCAA, according to sources.”

Did Penn State lose close to 30 players before their stuff ever came to life? No. Is SC, Missouri and UK better landing spots than TN? No. But the cards are stacked against Heupel. I kind of figured you would have this mindset. When this recruiting class is finished, I can see you will be one that cracks on him for it being bad.

Sure I recognize that there are some challenges right now but none that explain why our class is so low. It's time we stop making excuses for men being paid millions and expect results.

I know you are a coach worshiper, but sooner or later even you have to start expecting more.

We are going to finish 2nd in the East behind #1 ranked uga. Not bad for a undermanned group. Players that want to put up huge numbers on offense need to be signing on and players on defense that want to play immediately need to as well.

Sure I recognize that there are some challenges right now but none that explain why our class is so low. It's time we stop making excuses for men being paid millions and expect results.

I know you are a coach worshiper, but sooner or later even you have to start expecting more.

Whatever man. If you cannot see why this recruiting class is going to be bad then I don’t know what to say. So uncertainty with the NCAA, scholarship reductions and other self imposed recruiting violations are nothing right? Even through all of that, TN should still just be able to recruit at a high level? Sure thing.

A coach worshipper? No. But I recognize that what’s went on with TN ever since Pruitt was fired is having a very detrimental effect on this recruiting class. Sad that you don’t.

We are going to finish 2nd in the East behind #1 ranked uga. Not bad for a undermanned group. Players that want to put up huge numbers on offense need to be signing on and players on defense that want to play immediately need to as well.

This team is being negatively recruited against like crazy. The NCAA is killing us.

Whatever man. If you cannot see why this recruiting class is going to be bad then I don’t know what to say. So uncertainty with the NCAA, scholarship reductions and other self imposed recruiting violations are nothing right? Even through all of that, TN should still just be able to recruit at a high level? Sure thing.

A coach worshipper? No. But I recognize that what’s went on with TN ever since Pruitt was fired is having a very detrimental effect on this recruiting class. Sad that you don’t.

Dude you hung onto Pruitts nuts like they were a life preserver and you're doing it again with CJH.

Yes, we should still be recruiting at a high level, at least mid pack in the SEC at a minimum.

These kids we are recruiting weren't even potty trained the last time UT won the East. They weren't alive the last time UT won the SEC. We aren't a national brand to high school kids right now.

I used to coach in TX and these kids didn't know anything about Tennessee football other than it being a joke. So combine that with the NCAA cloud plus a brand new coaching staff that was hired extremely late in the cycle and this is what it looks like. If you think we should be crushing it you're either completely foolish or incredibly naive. Or a combo of the two.

"Some challenges" lol!? You literally can't be in a worse recruiting situation than Heupel is in right now. Until sanctions are announced, anything we get is gravy.

Hmmm so you know White doesn’t have great NILs set up right?

I don't - but judging by our recruiting and what has been posted on here - I would say if we have one it is top secret. At least two people have indicated that we did not successfully recruit a talented kid in our back yard because our NIL is not as good as Texas A and M's.

That's in town - mom and dad could go to every game - and get there in 20 minutes.
so - there's that.
What do you have that shows me he has a great NIL program ??
I know Danny has a robust increase in ticket donation program - If anyone wants some good tickets and has an extra
small fortune to donate every year.

These kids we are recruiting weren't even potty trained the last time UT won the East. They weren't alive the last time UT won the SEC. We aren't a national brand to high school kids right now.

I used to coach in TX and these kids didn't know anything about Tennessee football other than it being a joke. So combine that with the NCAA cloud plus a brand new coaching staff that was hired extremely late in the cycle and this is what it looks like. If you think we should be crushing it you're either completely foolish or incredibly naive. Or a combo of the two.

There are many teams ahead of us nationally and in our conference that are less of a national brand than us.

I haven't claimed The Hype should be crushing it, he should just be middle of the SEC and not at the bottom.

We're not going to be hit with scholarship reductions or a bowl ban and even if we were facing them you mean to tell me Mizzu, UK and USCjr are more desirable landing spots? Please!

Penn State did much better with recruiting while under unprecedented sanctions than we are right now.
Same. I'm tired of the whooooa is me...NCAA sanctions this and that.

Why kids care about NCAA sanctions? Even more so now that they can transfer and go play...if the NCAA has been like it has in the past. Kid coming in today still has 3yrs before worrying about sanctions from the NCAA as slow as they are anyway....

Product on the field, players coach and facilities sell kids, that and winning.

Reactions: hog88

VN Store

Back