Should Tim Banks be replaced at end of season?

Yes, I know, my VN friends: (1) "We just won a big game, why go negative?" (I'm not being negative, this is just a question in direct response to our objectively bad defensive play) (2) "The D just had a huge TOP discrepancy, they were gassed!" (Agreed, but were they partly gassed because our coaching scheme didn't get them off the field?) (3) "We are low on scholarships and bodies who can play!" Yes, again, I know all that. My question (and it's just a question, not a call for a march on the athletic facility with torches or for a nocturnal visit to the rock with spray paint) is this: DOES TIM BANKS's DEFENSIVE SCHEME HOLD US BACK? Are we going to be able get to the next level with this lack of pressure from our 3 man rushes and infrequent blitzing or stunting, combined with a soft zone in the second and third levels? This impotent combo seems to give the opposing QB that extra second to find the receiver who turns and sits down in a hole in the secondary or breaks into a gap between our flat-footed DBs.

So do we stick with our guy and hit the portal for better players? Or do we find a coach with a better scheme (and still hit that portal)?
Are you serious. We have no depth , didn’t run the ball well. The defense spent the entire game on the field of course they were gassed. Not to mention one of the best running teams in the league. This question is completely absurd.

Yes, I know, my VN friends: (1) "We just won a big game, why go negative?" (I'm not being negative, this is just a question in direct response to our objectively bad defensive play) (2) "The D just had a huge TOP discrepancy, they were gassed!" (Agreed, but were they partly gassed because our coaching scheme didn't get them off the field?) (3) "We are low on scholarships and bodies who can play!" Yes, again, I know all that. My question (and it's just a question, not a call for a march on the athletic facility with torches or for a nocturnal visit to the rock with spray paint) is this: DOES TIM BANKS's DEFENSIVE SCHEME HOLD US BACK? Are we going to be able get to the next level with this lack of pressure from our 3 man rushes and infrequent blitzing or stunting, combined with a soft zone in the second and third levels? This impotent combo seems to give the opposing QB that extra second to find the receiver who turns and sits down in a hole in the secondary or breaks into a gap between our flat-footed DBs.

So do we stick with our guy and hit the portal for better players? Or do we find a coach with a better scheme (and still hit that portal)?

I think he has done a very good job considering the circumstaces..

Worst Posters On Volnation.com

1. @volinthenorth
2. No one else matters because volinthenorth just said some stuff so incredibly stupid that we all should just focus on that for now.

No! I would like to see more man and press coverage. I understand why we don't do that. We don't have enough bodies, and it is more demanding than the zone that allows multiple soft spots. But hopefully in a couple of recruiting cycles we will have a good roster to work with. Banks had done a great job with what we have. I don't understand the drop off last night other than injuries and just being wore out from the season thus far.

Ban this poster

Banks has made chicken salad out of chicken s**t so far. I can't believe people wants him fired already.
Banks has had the guys playing with fireand above their pay grade this season but I was p'd off on that 4th and 24 and said fire him more or less out of being p'd off. He's going to have to do something about QB's running on 3/4 and forever and guys not tackling, that's game after game. Hopefully the portal and transfers will fix a lot of issues....and you're last comment. You've been here long enough. People started questioning CJH and him being like Pruitt and wanted him gone, people saying they wanted Bailey after the Pitt game and still some after the Tech game.
I will say this thread probably would had a different tone had KY after making that 4th&24 went on to score a TD and won.

Reactions: Doberman
No. We just need players that can tackle. If you watched all year, the players seem to be in position to shut down every play, but missed tackles kill us, not scheme, and it's extra frustrating.

I’ll keep Banks and add you to the idiot list so I don’t have to see your comments.

I think he has done a fantastic job, I wouldn’t let him go.

Reactions: dduncan4163
Banks has done a pretty good job with our personnel deficiencies. Yes we still let qbs scramble constantly. Which is incredibly frustrating. But our quick strike offense gives our defense a double task of defending under fatigue. If our 2 deep was better I think Banks can get us better. I will say I didnt like on that 4th and 25 rushing 3 men. But you know who else does that like 90% of coaches when 1 score takes the lead late in the 4th. Almost all coaches of since ball is going down field they dont want to give up something towards end zone.

That said I question you OP why bring this up? Have you seen how many defensive coordinators we have had since long tenured Chavis. Its a revolving door. Why even think about this?

Tim banks is doing a good job considering what he is working with. We are basically playing Jeremy Banks and two guys that look like safeties at linebacker.

DELETE DELETE DELETE!!!!

Are you serious. We have no depth , didn’t run the ball well. The defense spent the entire game on the field of course they were gassed. Not to mention one of the best running teams in the league. This question is completely absurd.
We ran the ball extremely well, we just didn’t run it often.

No, if anything a 30% salary increase for all staff due to the 30 players that left during the off-season and having this team on pace to win 7 regular season games.

We are leading the nation in tackles for a loss (maybe slipped a spot or two this week, haven’t seen the numbers) and OP doesn’t think he’s aggressive enough lol

Errbody loving Banks here but that wasn't happening on the running game thread tonight. Lots of criticism of the scheme and coaching decisions.

Our run defense has been solid all season except for tonight. No reason to fire Banks based off of one game. Besides he's working with very thin depth. Firing him after the season would just be even more detrimental.

Really you got to ask that question..did you see our defense play last year or the year before..our defense played 99 snaps last night .ky would go on a drive and our offense be back on field and score in less than a min (average with t.o.p) .But they stopped when they needed it most .our defense swarms the ball better .than we have in a long time .No leave defense alone let banks get some depth and keep pace with offense.then you will regret asking this question

VN Store

Back