The Atlanta Braves Thread

I've mostly lurked in this thread, but this place is a must follow. Thanks for being entertaining and lively the last few seasons culminating in this moment.

When I have posted, I've talked some mad sh*t about Will Smith leading up to the postseason. I've learned my lesson and ask for your forgiveness.

The Braves may be able to sign Freeman just using money from t-shirt sales in the next couple of days.
Think I dropped at least $75 on shirts for my two boys who will almost definitely grow out of them before pitchers and catchers report. Not to mention my new hat and a Swanson WS Champs shirt for the wife. Just doing my part.

The Braves have been underrated for several years now. The balance is just not appreciated. The Astros pitching was not good. The Brewers lineup was terrible. The Dodgers are great, but they weren't at full strength. Neither were the Braves though. Even the articles coming out now are about how the Braves got lucky. Which there was some luck. But the Astros had a lot of luck hits too.

I look for them to be underrated next year too. I wouldn't be surprised if they are picked third in the division again. This was a great team. I hope we bring back Freddie. It might not be a value contract but we need him to do it again.

Oh, and shout out to Brown who tweeted at me even though I am a ghost. I had already thought I needed to log in here and congratulate you fellas but I was busy drinking beer in a parking lot to celebrate like a damn teenager. People were setting off fireworks and shlt at midnight on a school night. GO BRAVES
I only dropped the horse avi just last week. Felt like we needed the Javy-Crime Dog WS mojo

The Braves have been underrated for several years now. The balance is just not appreciated. The Astros pitching was not good. The Brewers lineup was terrible. The Dodgers are great, but they weren't at full strength. Neither were the Braves though. Even the articles coming out now are about how the Braves got lucky. Which there was some luck. But the Astros had a lot of luck hits too.

I look for them to be underrated next year too. I wouldn't be surprised if they are picked third in the division again. This was a great team. I hope we bring back Freddie. It might not be a value contract but we need him to do it again.
Atlanta had a lot of injuries.
But to be a little fair to the stros their #1 and #2 were out.
With that being said IDGAF... Atlanta is THE WORLD CHAMPION and Houston hasn't won **** without cheating.

Reactions: Plecoptera

I WILL say this, the umpire last night was mighty generous with that strike zone on some of our strikeouts! He was calling the game like he was ready to get out of there. I really don't think it would've made much of a difference but it reminded me a little of the year that we were in the playoffs vs the Marlins. I could've driven a Mack truck through the strike zone they were giving Livan Hernandez.

Anyone know when the players union and owners start CBA negotiations? It wil play a big part in whom and when we sign as our outfielders. Freddie’s deal probably won’t be affected, but any but mid to short term deals and arbitration deals may have to wait until the CBA is settled
Never mind. I found it. Current CBA expires Dec 2.

Bullpen was nails on the backend and Kyle Weight replacing Charlie’s inning essentially were huge.

I believe the pen takes on whatever energy Matzek carries and when he basically came out “swinging it” the game changed.

Hopefully Charlie comes back stronger than ever. That was an incredible show of dedication to the team.

VN Store

Back