Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did the dolphin say to his therapist?

I’m looking for my porpoise in life.
34014.jpg

Mods, merge where needed. Has anyone dealt with Clayton Homes or International Homes?
Are they worth it, or should I look into building a nice, small home?

Looked into Clayton before I bought my house. Clayton would have been brand new but would have been only around 15k difference in price after land clearing, septic, power pole, etc. Costs more for inspections and insurance and total process would have taken a year or more. The home immediately depreciates in value and the land becomes the only thing that appreciates.

Instead, I got a 20 year old home with newer roof, new AC, in great condition and in an established neighborhood in the 200k - 300k that has schools within a mile and everything else I could want close by compared to a mobile in the middle of nowhere. Much better financing programs and lower interest rate on the house too.

Mods, merge where needed. Has anyone dealt with Clayton Homes or International Homes?
Are they worth it, or should I look into building a nice, small home?

Yeah, mobile homes are great...Clayton has a tier system so depending on which tier you buy the quality varies.

Also, the only way I'd buy (another) mobile home is if I planned to put a permanent foundation under it and stay living in it. Otherwise, they are a challenge to sell even already set up with the land. Honestly think in this type of housing market buying & remodeling is the smarter play if you're at least willing to do some research and gather bids for contractors.

Here's a recruiting thought. We already know that Heupel is going to have to bring in more than just Jackson at QB with Bailey likely hitting the portal and Milton could possibly leave since he's not going to be the starter if Hooker is back. They're obviously going to try to get a QB from the portal, but maybe it also makes good sense to offer Destin Wade a shot at QB now. The Wade twins are solid prospects and Destin would likely provide depth to a QB group that needs it and also be a guy that doesn't push Jackson away. Also...you never know what type of development he could show under Heupel. I doubt many of us expected Hooker to be doing so well throwing the ball. He's probably not a QB longterm, but if all he wants is a chance, then it probably makes sense to give it to him now.

What did the dolphin say to his therapist?

I’m looking for my porpoise in life.

So showing this to my daughter. Well past the age but still thinks dad jokes are the greatest contribution of mankind.

Every time her school mates cry torture, she tells another one.
I might be the proudest father at that school.

Informative to me, I always thought porpoise and dolphin was synonymous. I've bee confused since people would say they caught "dolphin" when they went fishing...not sure what's wrong with calling them Mahi. And then we would see actual dolphin, not the fish, and people would call them porpoises. Now I understand that those people are just wrong.

Reactions: volnut1
Here's a recruiting thought. We already know that Heupel is going to have to bring in more than just Jackson at QB with Bailey likely hitting the portal and Milton could possibly leave since he's not going to be the starter if Hooker is back. They're obviously going to try to get a QB from the portal, but maybe it also makes good sense to offer Destin Wade a shot at QB now. The Wade twins are solid prospects and Destin would likely provide depth to a QB group that needs it and also be a guy that doesn't push Jackson away. Also...you never know what type of development he could show under Heupel. I doubt many of us expected Hooker to be doing so well throwing the ball. He's probably not a QB longterm, but if all he wants is a chance, then it probably makes sense to give it to him now.
What kind of guitar is in your pic?

I don't think he has any interest in leaving the Steelers, yet he's on every school's hiring board (at least initially). I think it's because of the Rooney Rule (which I know is for the NFL, but the NCAA also loosely follows it). It has to be annoying having your name floated for almost every coaching hire. It also could be an honor, don't get me wrong, but you don't see many other current NFL head coaches' names floating out there as much as his.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Wow, good looking guitar. I’ve been looking at McPherson guitars lately. I’d love to find one to play.
McPherson guitars are nice. I do think the prices on them are a bit high for what you get, but that's due to the publicity they get from being played on stage by multiple country artists. They're definitely good strummers and stage guitars...I think the offset soundhole helps reduce feedback.

Depending on what type of music you like to play and/or playing style (strumming, flat-picking, fingerstyle), there are probably a few others you would want to check out that also could probably be found in the same store as a McPherson. Going to a store with a lot of boutique acoustic guitars is a big eye opener and definitely helped me learn that you want to play as many guitars as you can when you step up to that price point. I play mostly fingerstyle and my Kevin Ryan is the best sounding and easiest to play guitar that I have ever held. I'm lucky to have a big boutique guitar store about 20 minutes away from me and have played a lot of high end acoustics. I would also recommend the Acoustic Guitar Forum for some great feedback on McPherson guitars and also just to learn about all the other incredible guitar builders that are out there.

He about to get PAID…. I just hope he stays away from Banks if he does go elsewhere. Brent Key would have a good shot at promotion to HC at Penn St unless they want a bigger name. Franklin kind of in an odd spot because he will be involved with USC/LSU but if Penn St opened up Dan Mullen could make a move there and Franklin would likely prefer Florida over the other two places because of his daughter medical issues. He was interested in TN for that reason to be closer to FL. Could the move to Sexton setup an unprecedented coaching trade? Florida and Penn St work out a deal to swap coaches and with same agent it makes it a lot easier for that to happen…

Yeah, I’ve been wanting to get out to a boutique guitar shop to try some. I’m in Knoxville and don’t know of any here. Going to have to get out to Nashville, I guess.
The offset sound hole and cantilever fretboard on a McPherson is supposed to help the guitar use the whole soundboard without obstruction.. a bigger, uninterrupted top to vibrate. I can definitely hear a really deep, 3D sound from the recordings I’ve heard. I’m sure it sounds amazing in person. I also like the options in guitar depth
What acoustic guitar forum are you talking about?

He about to get PAID…. I just hope he stays away from Banks if he does go elsewhere. Brent Key would have a good shot at promotion to HC at Penn St unless they want a bigger name. Franklin kind of in an odd spot because he will be involved with USC/LSU but if Penn St opened up Dan Mullen could make a move there and Franklin would likely prefer Florida over the other two places because of his daughter medical issues. He was interested in TN for that reason to be closer to FL. Could the move to Sexton setup an unprecedented coaching trade? Florida and Penn St work out a deal to swap coaches and with same agent it makes it a lot easier for that to happen…
Why would penn state want Mullen?

This is what they are saying in the PSU forum:

“I was alluding to this question earlier. So PSU has their ducks in row this time around? We won’t “Tennessee it up?”

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back