Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
New nugs: thinks Cade Mays will probably be ready by Kentucky but it is early….. Thinks Harrison Bailey is transferring….. didn’t work out with the team and came to pick up his stuff at the facility.
I’m pretty sure he isn’t transferring RIGHT NOW. There’s no benefit. He can’t enroll elsewhere. It’s a bye week, I wouldn’t read anything into workouts.

Movie covers the first half of the first book. There are a boat load of books, but it's not like LotR where the one story spans multiple books. Each book is pretty self contained, so I think there will be 2 movies for the first book.
I like Dune as a self contained story, but I hate the story after it.

I wonder if Harrison ends up somewhere like Auburn. Bobo is the OC there and with his GA connections on QBs I could see that being his landing spot. If I were him though I’d go outside of the SEC into a conference with slower defenders off the edge.
I bet it’s Somewhere like Georgia Tech.

Reactions: VolByLaw
Who would have thought there would be this much excitement around football, even going this late in the season, and basketball is now literally RIGHT around the corner! And now baseball is must-see TV too, starting in February. That means non-stop high-level VOL sports performance straight through June!

Honestly, Bailey needs a fresh start at a school he can start for.
Worst kept secret since the tea leaves burst in August. I just don’t see him leaving the team before the semester. He’s been a good soldier and Heupel has kept it a hunnert with his eligibility. He’ll be at another school with 4 years to play.

There were a lot of staffers on the previous staff (and this staff ie: Simon) that were really high on Beasley at LB, just like they were on banks. ILB is the hardest defensive position to play in this conference because of all the motions and RPOs.

Compare banks to when he first moved over to now and it’s night and day. This is his first true year at LB and there’s going to be bad moments. Part of it.

Another thing to remember: the other guys are on scholarship too lol. He’s not missing tackles against Carson Newman
Thanks for the assessment Hank. Back to back games against top 10 teams and the 2 leading Heisman candidates who are also dual threats and some wonder why we can’t stop them… smh. I also enjoy the comment “he’s not an SEC LB”. Well, he obviously is, just may not be top shelf SEC LB….

I’m pretty sure he isn’t transferring RIGHT NOW. There’s no benefit. He can’t enroll elsewhere. It’s a bye week, I wouldn’t read anything into workouts.
He can quit the team, stay in school, enter the portal where he can start communicating with other schools. Get a jump start on finding a new home for next semester.

It’s not in the cards for Bailey to stay a VOL but I do appreciate the love he showed Vol Nation since his signing. Probably other better places but he could possibly help programs like an Ark St and perhaps even do well there !

Have a feeling Bailey would have better options than being coached by Lyle

On the hiring of Heupel, think it's a case of getting who we needed and probably not the one we wanted.
I remember not being excited about the hire but now I'm concerned about keeping the entire staff intact. It's obvious to this untrained eye if we can get some good recruits in here we have the coaches to teach them.

Maybe just maybe our national nightmare may be nearing an end..
I think most of us can honestly say they were not excited about this hire. Now, I am thrilled-- love this coach--love his staff.

Not sure which one of you this is, but I’d like to buy you a beer sometime.

That very well could have been me. Pretty sure I did the same thing lol. Especially on Hooker's big run when he dragged 4 bama defenders with him...I liked that. A lot.

Last edited:
He can quit the team, stay in school, enter the portal where he can start communicating with other schools. Get a jump start on finding a new home for next semester.
Gobbledygook. There’s nothing stopping him from “communicating”. Wouldn’t be shocked if his new school is already locked in. He’s got umpteen options and the favorite’s down the street from his house.

Reactions: SugarCC
Gobbledygook. There’s nothing stopping him from “communicating”. Wouldn’t be shocked if his new school is already locked in. He’s got umpteen options and the favorite’s down the street from his house.
Tech?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back