Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a couple of things from the Bama game.....

1. These guys continue to play their entire asses off and that is a testament to both them and the coaches, but they are playing with one hand tied behind their backs from a talent perspective against the top of the SEC.

2. If Hooker had taken just another 1/2 second on the late INT and thrown to the player on the second level (I can't see who it was). It could easily have been another TD. Again, sooooo close.

3. How does Tennessee run an offense with a mobile QB, practice against it every week and still struggle with mobile QBs? You'd think the defense would be used to it by now.

4. The Bye week comes at a perfect time, especially for a defense that's played about a bagillion plays the last two weeks.

Thanks for coming to my TedTalk.

I was never a fan of Tony Elliot talk. Didn’t trust his ability to call plays. I would have backed a Franklin hire because of his recruiting and ability to build a roster. I would have been worried about his ability to build a consistent offense and develop a QB. He and Dabo are very similar in that they are Elite at being cheerleaders, recruiting and motivators. However They are too dependent on their coordinators bringing in a system. Their own systems have failed to point of almost getting them fired. Dabo saved his job when he hired Chad Morris who implemented the system he runs today. The problem is he has adapted or changed anything and gotten complacent behind two amazing QBs arms hiding the issues and his inability to evaluate OL. Franklin was in similar situation then he hired Joe Morehead and the offense took ok. Since He lost him that offense has not been the same. His defense has been stout though consistently as they have a nice system in place.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
So a couple of things from the Bama game.....

1. These guys continue to play their entire asses off and that is a testament to both them and the coaches, but they are playing with one hand tied behind their backs from a talent perspective against the top of the SEC.

2. If Hooker had taken just another 1/2 second on the late INT and thrown to the player on the second level (I can't see who it was). It could easily have been another TD. Again, sooooo close.

3. How does Tennessee run an offense with a mobile QB, practice against it every week and still struggle with mobile QBs? You'd think the defense would be used to it by now.

4. The Bye week comes at a perfect time, especially for a defense that's played about a bagillion plays the last two weeks.

Thanks for coming to my TedTalk.

As to 3, I doubt they let Hooker run much at practice to simulate that. It also helps when OM WR's and Bama tackles are holding.

As to 3, I doubt they let Hooker run much at practice to simulate that. It also helps when OM WR's and Bama tackles are holding.
The tackling things does make it more difficult :).....and I know that Hooker isn't playing scout QB, but it wouldn't shock me if Milton was....especially with Corral and Young the last two weeks.

Torn between wanting Kentucky to be sky high when we beat them vs wanting Mississippi state to beat them so we can have a three way tie for 2nd in the East with us, UK, UF. What’re the tie breakers for the east?
We need them to be as highly ranked as possible, because they are the easiest team to beat compared to Ole Miss, Bama, and UGA.

Kentucky is -1 vs MSU?

Wow.

Not surprised at all. Miss St at home is a tough play. They are underrated squad with a solid enough offense and defense to win this game. KY is like Iowa. Overrated and had some dominoes fall their way. KY almost lost to Mizzu and South Carolina. They got lucky to play Florida at home after they had to play Bama/TN back to back weeks. Played an LSU team that had tanked. I hope Leach runs a lot of plays on them to get some wear and tear on those legs for the next week. Bye week may help Ky but I agree with it being a pickem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back