Crow

VolunteerNut

I like mine with BBQ sauce.

I will say I wasn't a fan of this hire and I didn't see it working out but the more I watch the kids play and the coaches coaching these kids up I WAS WRONG. I love where this staff is headed and I think the best is yet to come. One quarter away from taking bama to the wire and don't think anyone saw that but these kids play hard for this staff. The future is so bright we have to wear shades, to coin a phrase.

I think Heupel was “boring hire” that was easily made given the Danny White connection. Regardless, Danny White made a big bet with Heupel and Heupel’s early energy generation with the offense and program has gone a long way. Given last year, Heupel has earned his keep. Honestly the only thing that he has to prove is his recruiting. If he recruits well, things will take care of themselves here.

Deep fried with some stone ground mustard and bud light draft for me.

not gonna lie i was underwhelmed with his hire too, but he has earned my respect with the way this team fights. We need to sign 32 kids or whatever this off-season and keep everyone that will stay and we should be able to last 4 quarters.

I will say I wasn't a fan of this hire and I didn't see it working out but the more I watch the kids play and the coaches coaching these kids up I WAS WRONG. I love where this staff is headed and I think the best is yet to come. One quarter away from taking bama to the wire and don't think anyone saw that but these kids play hard for this staff. The future is so bright we have to wear shades, to coin a phrase.
Crow is best served with mustard

We still lost by 28 and lost by 24 to a bad Florida team

Yeah, its way too early in the process to judge Heupel one way or the other. Some of you guys are way too quick to fall in love. Its kinda weird.

My problem with Heupel is that he has never built a program and he is trying his first build in the toughest conference in college football.

Reactions: Remy
We could have laid down last night and punted at our own 25 instead of going for it if all we wanted to do was try to make sure Alabama didn't cover. I'd rather play with heart and I love what our team is made of. Come back with your shield, or on it.

Yeah, its way too early in the process to judge Heupel one way or the other. Some of you guys are way too quick to fall in love. Its kinda weird.

My problem with Heupel is that he has never built a program and he is trying his first build in the toughest conference in college football.
Still too early to judge one way or the other

This is true. Also think the way that you play in those losses, matter as well. He is currently laying a foundation that rolling over won't be tolerated. Our kids didn't show up scared vs Fla or Bama. Both of those games were closer than the final score indicated. Depth was the main reason for all 4 losses. Sure we have left a bunch of plays out there but we are certainly headed in the right direction. Who would've thought that most of the backups from the worst offense in the country last year, could help our offense be what it is right now. Had we been able to keep last year's team intact we might be 7-1 right now

The negative comments are bewildering considering how competitive this team is while severely undermanned. Some of the nuts on here would probably like him fired.

No one wants him fired. Some of these comments full of praise were also said about our previous coaches in the beginning Some of us want to see a little more before we go all in.

I think he's done a good a job. He's going to get us to a bowl game, which is great considering what he came into.

But I'm not going to celebrate getting beat by Bama again. I don't care how close it was for 3 quarters . A loss is a loss

I, too, was not pleased with this hire, but I am very, very pleased with the direction we seem to be headed. Hopefully, he lands his targeted recruits that he knows will fit well in his offensive scheme. It will be nice to have some depth next season.

I’ve also noticed that, like me, there are several members on this site that have changed their tune as well. We, as a fanbase, just need to be patient and see if he can turn the corner and get us competing for SEC titles in the next few years. It is clear he has a vision of what he wants in a football team, and sometimes it takes time for a vision to materialize.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
after repeated heartbreak, I also did not buy into the Hype. Seemed like a mediocre hire but best we could get kinda thing after the Pruitt debacle.

I do like what I am seeing though and there are a lot of areas you can compare to Pruitt and see the difference in where we are. Finding a serviceable QB and being willing to change it, completely changed the culture and kids giving all on the field, actually coaching up talent on both sides of the ball - really a lot of positives that give me a lot of optimism that this one could work out ok and be a keeper.

That said, there is no reason to coach worship just yet. He needs to prove up in several areas yet, time management when we need to slow down, recruiting, defending against the QB run, some questionable calls, etc. Biggest question is recruiting in the big league since that can cover a lot of sins.

In summation, many reasons to be positive but slow the roll on anointing him. Time will prove out one way or another. I suspect by the end of next season (including recruiting), we will know what we have.

VN Store

Back