Crow

Yeah, its way too early in the process to judge Heupel one way or the other. Some of you guys are way too quick to fall in love. Its kinda weird.

My problem with Heupel is that he has never built a program and he is trying his first build in the toughest conference in college football.

He's a good enough coach to make us top 3 or 4 in the SEC , which I will gladly take for a while considering where we've been . As long as he keeps being himself and the players want to play hard for this staff, we're going to be good. Sure he doesn't make the best game on the line decisions at times and his playcalling drifts into a what the hell are we doing ? kind of stall , but his offense is productive and fun for the players and fans , so he is showing that he can and will build something to work with going forward .

No one wants him fired. Some of these comments full of praise were also said about our previous coaches in the beginning Some of us want to see a little more before we go all in.

I think he's done a good a job. He's going to get us to a bowl game, which is great considering what he came into.

But I'm not going to celebrate getting beat by Bama again. I don't care how close it was for 3 quarters . A loss is a loss
Im not either but i'm also not pissed for a change!

We still lost by 28 and lost by 24 to a bad Florida team
You sound like a Bama fan who only sees wins and losses. What kind of idiot people would smoke cigars and celebrate when their team of 5 star players underachieves against a team of 3 star players! They act like it's some kind of personal accomplishment! I hate to know a person like you is a TN fan, cause you're no different than the bammers if you can't see what's going on with the turnaround of the Tennessee Vol football team. I can't even describe how proud I am of this team.

Not enough horses to finish big races
I agree that we don't have the number and caliber of players to match the top teams in the SEC. I do love this team though. They could have quit. They could have transferred. They are competitors and they are fighters. They have that Tennessee spirit that is indicative of previously memorable Tennessee teams. I hope this spirit will help us get that win against the Mildcats. 7-5 is still possible.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
I swear some of you just can't help but to buy in for absolutely nothing. Fifty-two points, that's what we've lost by to great teams. Lost our two vs mediocre opponents. All we have done is beat four terrible teams.

Reactions: G8rh8r
Heupel has not proven he is or isn't the guy so leave the crow in the fridge for now.

Dipstick,
Iā€™m now leaning more towards ā€œheā€™s the guyā€ than ā€œheā€™s not the guyā€. By this point I was leaning ā€œnot the guyā€ for the previous 3.but youā€™re correct, the jury is still out and it will be a while.

your friend,

Dingbat.

I have no idea what the ceiling is of a Josh Heupel team, but I know we're not at it yet. It's obvious that we're a better team now than we were last year, and we're a better team now than we were in September. When we've seen outright regression in performance in years past, Heupel's Vols and all the growth and welcome surprises we've seen through eight games are a welcome change. You can't tell me there's a person here who thinks we'd have been better off staying where we were at in 2020. So, we're moving in a positive direction and generally seeing everyone playing to what we thought their potential was, and in some cases substantially beyond that. What more is there, for this year?

I'm more pleased with this blow out loss then I have been with any of the wins in the previous two seasons.

Reactions: rgcvols98
Dipstick,
Iā€™m now leaning more towards ā€œheā€™s the guyā€ than ā€œheā€™s not the guyā€. By this point I was leaning ā€œnot the guyā€ for the previous 3.but youā€™re correct, the jury is still out and it will be a while.

your friend,

Dingbat.
I'm starting to think you actually know who I am and you've just been screwing with me.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Could depth be an issue...maybe?

You aware of the roster problems this staff inherited? If not some may have posted on here before. You could probably find that discussion if you search.
Iā€™m aware of it just disappointed. I know we donā€™t have the horses to hang with and beat these guys now. Heupel needs to hit the transfer portal and juco hard cause it looks like we will have our worst recruiting class in years and outside the top 20.

The negative comments are bewildering considering how competitive this team is while severely undermanned. Some of the nuts on here would probably like him fired.

They want to be right more than they want this team to win.

CJH wasnt a splash hire like some demanded. Ow for them to be proven right they have to hope this staff fails.

Reactions: feathersax
Dipstick,

your friend,

Dingbat.
I'm starting to think you actually know who I am and you've just been screwing with me.
And you're from Chatt??? Maybe I do know you???

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Here is what I'm excited about with this hire. The Offense is fun to watch again. They are EXPLOSIVE, esp after getting Hooker settled in and having a QB that can hit open WR down the field. We should be 5-3 honestly, Hooker plays in Pitt game we win going away.

With this said, if I was a QB and ESPECIALLY a WR, I'm wanting to play in this style of Offense. I believe we will start getting serious looks from the Elite Skill position players in this and upcoming recruiting cycles. If we somehow, miraculously beat GA, I would say we have an outside, dark horse shot at Arch Manning. He showed the other night he had wheels, so he would fit in this offense. Even still, we should have other top QBs wanting to play in this Offense.

Heupel's biggest recruiting wins will have to come on Defense though. The offense should recruit itself but the defense is where he will need to concentrate in order for us to compete for SEC Titles. DC Banks has done a very good job imo, but desperately needs bodies and to work on 3rd down stops lol. But, I'm pleased with the overall improvement I've seen this year.

Great article here that helps validate JH, and should help us in recruiting. I have seen so many tweets from just football fans and not just TN fans that TN is on its way back and that they love the energy and watching them play.
Iā€˜m old enough to remember when TN Vols were a favorite of many fans across the country and not just people with TN ties. I think JH will get us there again.

Tennessee football: Josh Heupel showered with praise after Vols' showing against Alabama

VN Store

Back