Pruitt's lawyer says he has the info to burn the whole AD down

UT leadership oughtta be like:

images

UT should counter sue if Pruitt's attorney files the initial lawsuit.
That’s exactly what will happen. This type of thing is why lawyers have to fight every day to try and preserve the reputation of their profession. I have no info either way but to my non legal mind (I did play one on TV) this all sounds like a huge bluff with zero info to back it up and a client who is intensely guilty. I have multiple friends who are legal professionals and the eye rolling has begun. I agree with Coach Barnes…”this entire thing is disappointing”.

Reactions: tbh
Pruitt is never coaching at another NCAA affiliated school again, his best prospects to continue a coaching career is bouncing around the NFL as an analyst or position coach.
He will either be coaching high school football in Alabama in 4 years, or not coaching at all.

Pruitt is never coaching at another NCAA affiliated school again, his best prospects to continue a coaching career is bouncing around the NFL as an analyst or position coach.
Correct, but this stain will carry there as well, though to a lesser degree. Plus his BS won't fly well in a room of professions who he can't bully.

I don't think you know how legal proceedings in the United States' actually work.

If Pruitt's lawyer files a breach or contract suit, claiming that Pruitt was unlawfully fired under the terms of the contract, or that the contract was illegal or non-enforceable, he has to show evidence of this claim.

He can't subpoena communication between boosters, or anything having to do with Barnes or any other coach at this point in the proceedings. He has to show the judge direct evidence of this claim that requires relief.

If he can't do that, the case is going to get dismissed. His attorney isn't dumb, and is not going to file suit and tarnish his reputation by having a case dismissed for not being able to substantiate the claim.
LOL, okay dude, just sit back and watch and see if we pay him a settlement in the end.

Last edited:
Correct, but this stain will carry there as well, though to a lesser degree. Plus his BS won't fly well in a room of professions who he can't bully.

The NFL is all about performance, they don't care about his NCAA troubles. His personality and lack of ability will be his downfall in the NFL.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
LOL, okay dude, just sit back and watch and see if we pay him a settlement in the end.

University general counsel Ryan Stinnett wrote Monday in response to Lyons that UT has no intention of settling and is prepared to defend its actions.

“Your letter contains no denials of your client’s actions,” Stinnett wrote. “Instead, you raise vague and unsupported allegations of other violations by the University and threaten to embarrass the University publicly by revealing these alleged violations. The University emphatically denies these allegations and will not be intimidated into settling with your client based on your unsupported assertions.”

Jeremy Pruitt lawyer threatens to cripple Tennessee athletics in suit

You let us all know when you tap that insider informant you have that contradicts UT's general counsel.

Reactions: StarRaider
Since the NCAA isn't investigating it's pretty safe to say they have found nothing.

NCAA isn't investigating what?

The university and NCAA are continuing a monthslong investigation into allegations of NCAA rules violations pertaining to recruiting that are alleged to have occurred during former coach Jeremy Pruitt's tenure. White was hired as Tennessee athletics director on Jan. 21.

You are wrong. He would have ample opportunity to prove there was a culture of noncompliance that was overlooked or encouraged by the AD/administration that he was fired for his record and not for violating NCAA rules.

This isn't Law & Order.

You have to make the claim, and state the legal basis for a request for relief, before you move into discovery, and even then, you can only present evidence that is relevant to the complaint.

To boot, even if there were other violations that UT chose to not fire other coaches for, that still wouldn't make UT in breach of the contract that Pruitt signed. There's nothing in that clause that states that UT had to fire him, but they reserve the right to do so with cause, per section 3.2. The definition of cause is then outlined in 3.2.2, and even then isn't limited to just those reasons, but having fired Felton and Niedermeyer with cause for Level I and II violations, which neither of them challenged, under the contract they have reason to fire him with cause because he was responsible for NCAA compliance of direct and indirect reports.

His attorney can only challenge whether they in fact didn't have cause under the terms of the contract, or the contract is illegal or non-enforceable under Tennessee or Federal law. He can't claim breach of contract and then in pleadings say "Rick Barnes was allowed to pay players so Jeremy Pruitt shouldn't have been fired with cause". That's not how legal proceedings actually work.

And I think that was stupid. Tennessee can't settle now, or it will appear as though they caved in to a threat, and have something to hide.
Zackly! He retained a reputable lawyer who’s known for getting immediate eligibility for transfers (Fields and Mays)…but this is bottom of the tank muck tactics. It’s open attempted extortion. UT’s response indicates it’s also hot air. Their legal representation has been consistently on point with him being fired for cause. Potential blowback wasn’t ignored so it must be benign or relatively harmless. The request for Barnes and Fulmers email and correspondence sounds like a fishing expedition.

Edit: Got Lyons mixed up with Tom Mars. Easy mistake…they sound practically identical. 😉

Last edited:
This isn't Law & Order.

You have to make the claim, and state the legal basis for a request for relief, before you move into discovery, and even then, you can only present evidence that is relevant to the complaint.

To boot, even if there were other violations that UT chose to not fire other coaches for, that still wouldn't make UT in breach of the contract that Pruitt signed. There's nothing in that clause that states that UT had to fire him, but they reserve the right to do so with cause, per section 3.2. The definition of cause is then outlined in 3.2.2, and even then isn't limited to just those reasons, but having fired Felton and Niedermeyer with cause for Level I and II violations, which neither of them challenged, under the contract they have reason to fire him with cause because he was responsible for NCAA compliance of direct and indirect reports.

His attorney can only challenge whether they in fact didn't have cause under the terms of the contract, or the contract is illegal or non-enforceable under Tennessee or Federal law. He can't claim breach of contract and then in pleadings say "Rick Barnes was allowed to pay players so Jeremy Pruitt shouldn't have been fired with cause". That's not how legal proceedings actually work.

Spot.

On.

Also explains why Rudy Giuliani is short at least one law license these days.

University general counsel Ryan Stinnett wrote Monday in response to Lyons that UT has no intention of settling and is prepared to defend its actions.

“Your letter contains no denials of your client’s actions,” Stinnett wrote. “Instead, you raise vague and unsupported allegations of other violations by the University and threaten to embarrass the University publicly by revealing these alleged violations. The University emphatically denies these allegations and will not be intimidated into settling with your client based on your unsupported assertions.”

Jeremy Pruitt lawyer threatens to cripple Tennessee athletics in suit

You let us all know when you tap that insider informant you have that contradicts UT's general counsel.
I'm not arguing with you because no one's paying me to, but you just give this a little time and see what happens.

The NFL is all about performance, they don't care about his NCAA troubles. His personality and lack of ability will be his downfall in the NFL.
They'll care that he and his lawyer are threatening to go scorched earth. Employers in any industry shy away from that if it's known. They may take a chance for a great football mind but let's be honest, that's not what we're dealing with here.

I agree with every bit of your last sentence.

LSU actually negotiated the buyout with Orgeron.

LSU is in a Title IX investigation by the DOJ, going back to Les Miles days. Nothing more the woke DOJ of today would love more than to bring down than a SEC football program. LSU needs EdO to tell them everything he knows about it, remain on their side. If he turned against LSU, it could be a bad scene for the fighting Tigers...

Pruitt needs his 12 million since all of college football and now NFL have seen what a moron he is. He knows he will be coaching high "Skoo" ball again soon.

This isn't Law & Order.

Believe what you will but you are wrong and Pruitt would be given the opportunity to prove he was singled out for his actions while the same behavior by other coaches was permitted.

They'll care that he and his lawyer are threatening to go scorched earth. Employers in any industry shy away from that if it's known. They may take a chance for a great football mind but let's be honest, that's not what we're dealing with here.

I agree with every bit of your last sentence.

In any case I don't see him having much of a future coaching football.

You are wrong. He would have ample opportunity to prove there was a culture of noncompliance that was overlooked or encouraged by the AD/administration that he was fired for his record and not for violating NCAA rules.
No. His actions after the fact will cause him to never get a job again.

Reactions: MadWorld

VN Store

Back