Pruitt's lawyer says he has the info to burn the whole AD down

Desperate People take Desperate Actions. Lyons and Pruitt are at that Point.

Pruitt is pushing a Rope across a table and must be Chemically Imbalanced . It is beginning to come out as the result of his firin, Players are talking.

As Fulmer is concerned and the cronies in the previous AD Administration, shows how dumb it is to go for a cheap unproven hire.

This is how the Atheltic Board and all concerned as part of the last 15 years have been totally incompetent.

White will run circles around this group.

All Lyons is doing is fishing with Dynamite. Throwing it in the water and seeing what comes to the surface.

This will pass and will get all the program influencers out of the Program's business.

Better Days ahead and the ship is being Righted.

Reactions: IndianaVol
Im no lawyer, but if this went to trial, in discovery and in a deposition, cant we ask about his time at alabama and if he cheated there? I mean if you really want the smoke, burn that down too.

Reactions: StarRaider
Are you kidding?..They have so much on him that he would be ludicrus to even consider fighting it...Pruitt is going to completely ruin his career if he even attempts to fight this thing...I hope he does honestly, It'll be hilarious!

I guess we can revisit this after the case is settled.

If TN and the NCAA have done a thorough investigation there shouldn’t be anything they could bring up that hasn’t already been found and reported

Pruitt sucks. His lawyer probably does too.

I say if you can burn it down then light it up. Do it. Stop talking.

People who talk a big game rarely can play a big game.

It looks like the university has the same thought process. I don't see how he nor his lawyer think they can out money UT. I feel like Pruitt better be very careful how he goes forward from here.

Reactions: WesternNCVol
Believe what you will but you are wrong and Pruitt would be given the opportunity to prove he was singled out for his actions while the same behavior by other coaches was permitted.

It wouldn't matter if he were singled out or not, the contract doesn't stipulate that he had to be fired, it allowed UT to choose to fire him with cause based on the stated criteria, and wasn't even limited to the criteria listed. He signed the contract, and agreed to the terms. His only recourse is to prove that UT breached the agreement, and he then has to state how they did so, or that it is unenforceable because it violates state or federal law.

His attorney can't show up and say that the basis for a request for relief is because Rick Barnes also paid players and was not fired. There's nothing in the contract that Pruitt signed that is dependent on UT acting in a similar fashion with any other coach in the other sports programs.

Yeah, I got one of those letters from a guys lawyer years ago, and I still got my $$.
That’s the thing. Anybody who has been in business for any amount of time, been an ass to their HOA, refused to pay a camera traffic ticket, or had a disagreement with the IRS gets these letters. I’ve probably received 50 letters from chest pounding lawyers in my time, and all I ever do is hand them over to another lawyer. 99% of the time, I never hear another word about it. This kind of thing is common.

Reactions: BACKDOC and uvavol
This has all of the feel of the Avenatti shakedown, and I can’t believe that a seasoned attorney would throw down like he did here.
Thank you, I was just about to post Michael Avenatti. Avenatti was arrested for trying to extort 25 million out of Nike by threatening to expose embarrassing secrets. I'm not an attorney and don't know where the legal line is, but there are, to the lay person like me at least, similarities to the approach Pruitt's lawyer is using, it seems.

This has all of the feel of the Avenatti shakedown, and I can’t believe that a seasoned attorney would throw down like he did here.

He's trying to capitalize on the recent news of the NCAA removing David Beaty from the investigation at Kansas.

He wants to try to cast UT firing Pruitt in the same light as Kansas trying to retroactively fire Beaty with cause after initially firing him without cause.

He's trying to capitalize on the recent news of the NCAA removing David Beaty from the investigation at Kansas.

He wants to try to cast UT firing Pruitt in the same light as Kansas trying to retroactively fire Beaty with cause after initially firing him without cause.
I get that, but there is a right way and a wrong way to do anything. From the perspective of an average person, he is dancing dangerously close to the fire line.

I get that, but there is a right way and a wrong way to do anything. From the perspective of an average person, he is dancing dangerously close to the fire line.

Beaty was his client, Pruitt is also his client. He's just trying to do his job as an attorney. Remember, he gets paid regardless of what happens, he just gets paid more if UT capitulates or if it goes to trial; it's a win-win-win for him.

The only risk he has is the reputation hit he takes if he ends up having the case dismissed outright for lack of standing/evidence, or if it actually made it to trial and he had to take the inevitable 'L'.

He presented his extortion offense and then said we are willing to settle. UT said take a hike. Pruitt is on real shaky ground as far as being able to get any money from UT if they have the evidence needed that voids the contract. I think they have plenty and everyone will get to hear it all if they Pruitt decide to go forward.

Beaty was his client, Pruitt is also his client. He's just trying to do his job as an attorney. Remember, he gets paid regardless of what happens, he just gets paid more if UT capitulates or if it goes to trial; it's a win-win-win for him.

The only risk he has is the reputation hit he takes if he ends up having the case dismissed outright for lack of standing/evidence, or if it actually made it to trial and he had to take the inevitable 'L'.
Excellent point. We have a short memory society. Probably worth the risk.

He presented his extortion offense and then said we are willing to settle. UT said take a hike. Pruitt is on real shaky ground as far as being able to get any money from UT if they have the evidence needed that voids the contract. I think they have plenty and everyone will get to hear it all if they Pruitt decide to go forward.

Have you actually read Pruitt's contract? It's pretty explicit in stating that he's responsible for those who directly or indirectly report to him in terms of NCAA compliance, and that he can be fired with cause if the conduct of those direct or indirect reports lead to or would even be likely to lead to a Level I or II violation.
Pruitt322b.png

please tell me how many titles of ANY kind (including division crowns) UT has won since CPF, the much ballyhooed warhorse of old, roamed the sidelines?? I'll hang up and listen.....

And that has any bearing on the fact that Hamilton being made AD is the catalyst for situation we are in today?
Fulmer's extension.
Fulmer's firing.
Kiffen's hiring.
Kiffin's moronic contract.
Dooley's knee-jerk hiring.

None of that happens without Hamilton, and Hamilton doesn't happen without Fulmer.

VN Store

Back