There is an iniative underway to donate $102,455.00 to East Tennessee Children's Hospital - Get on board Vol Fans

Air_Force_Vol27

Go Lions I guess.
Last edited:
I love this. Not meaning to Debbie Down the idea, I'd like to see safeguards that make darn sure the money goes either to needed equipment, paying for treatment of patients whose families need the financial relief, or to nurses who too often don't get the appreciation they deserve. Heck, or even custodians. And not into the pockets of some administration official, as happens far too often in such cases. Make sure an apparatus is in place that accounts for every penny's use, so it shows exactly where that money went.

I apologize if I'm pizzing off anyone, let's just say I have seen too much, too often regarding donations, and not just big business. Saw it too at middle and high school level with money meant for kids' school supplies, team uniforms, even certain field trip costs. So yes, I'm more than a bit jaded. Beyond that, I'm 100% in favor of the idea, and it certainly would give an image of the UT and its fans. Showing what and who we really are, as opposed to the media and public smear.

I love this. Not meaning to Debbie Down the idea, I'd like to see safeguards that make darn sure the money goes either to needed equipment, paying for treatment of patients whose families need the financial relief, or to nurses who too often don't get the appreciation they deserve. Heck, or even custodians. And not into the pockets of some administration official, as happens far too often in such cases. Make sure an apparatus is in place that accounts for every penny's use, so it shows exactly where that money went.

I apologize if I'm pizzing off anyone, let's just say I have seen too much, too often regarding donations, and not just big business. Saw it too at middle and high school level with money meant for kids' school supplies, team uniforms, even certain field trip costs. So yes, I'm more than a bit jaded. Beyond that, I'm 100% in favor of the idea, and it certainly would give an image of the UT and its fans. Showing what and who we really are, as opposed to the media and public smear.

I’m CONSTANTLY concerned about stuff like this. In my experience, the more eyes are on the kitty the better. By all accounts, ETCH appears to have lots of eyes on its books and an appropriate focus on its mission.

2019-2020 Annual Report - December

For a huge example of charitable misconduct, have a look at the Boys Town scandal of the 1970s uncovered by the Omaha Sun.

I’m CONSTANTLY concerned about stuff like this. In my experience, the more eyes are on the kitty the better. By all accounts, ETCH appears to have lots of eyes on its books and an appropriate focus on its mission.
2019-2020 Annual Report - December
For a huge example of charitable misconduct, have a look at the Boys Town scandal of the 1970s uncovered by the Omaha Sun.

I know, seen it up close. I'd be more in favor of buying what's needed and donating it rather than handing over cash.

I know, seen it up close. I'd be more in favor of buying what's needed and donating it rather than handing over cash.

I get it. In this case, though, I can’t get that many hospital gowns into my truck.

Same goes for most food pantries. They can almost always stretch a dollar further at wholesale than I can at Publix.

I get it. In this case, though, I can’t get that many hospital gowns into my truck.

Same goes for most food pantries. They can almost always stretch a dollar further at wholesale than I can at Publix.

OK

I'd personally rather give the money directly to ETCH than a GoFundMe. Can take advantage of matching gift programs at work and usually the fees are lower with a direct contribution.

Reactions: Wireless1
I'd personally rather give the money directly to ETCH than a GoFundMe. Can take advantage of matching gift programs at work and usually the fees are lower with a direct contribution.
This is a much better way to go viral. It's helping a good cause AND changing the narrative.

Mods I think this is worth a sticky and perhaps a title change?

It's a fair ask but I can assure you that Children's hospital is very diligent about their fundraising and keeps it 100% above board. I have engaged with Children's hospitals all over the US and there is no doubt in my mind that our donations will go to where it is needed. Donate with confidence!

It's a fair ask but I can assure you that Children's hospital is very diligent about their fundraising and keeps it 100% above board. I have engaged with Children's hospitals all over the US and there is no doubt in my mind that our donations will go to where it is needed. Donate with confidence!

It helps when there's a means of trusted assurance.

Oh, you left out the huge amount of artwork they have over there now.

VN Store

Back