Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

D. HENRY with the 80yd run to paydirt....he is now my favorite RB in the NFL.

As a Panthers/Titans fan that lives 15mins from Panthers stadium...CMC was my favorite RB until this season. He is top3 best RBs on the planet, and likely the most gifted cracker athlete on Earth as well...has led the NFL in yards from scrimmage since the day he was drafted, rushed for over 1000yds every year, led the entire NFL in receptions despite not being a WR....when healthy he is good for 1500yds rushing/1000+yds and 100plus rec EVERY year....he missed almost all of last season with an injury and i (we) gave him the benefit of the doubt. He cane back this year healthy...200plus yards total each of the 1st three games and we are 3-0 with the no2 ranked defense in the league...

Then he pulls a hammy in the 1st quarter and leaves the game. Team doctors announced the day after that " on a strain scale from 1 to 3, his is a 0.5".... but he misses the next game. And the next. Then last wed...almost a month after this 0.5 hamstring pull and him practicing mon and tues...he gets put on the IR making him ineligible for Sundays loss (3 in a row by a TD or less...could have won every single 1 of them with him)...as well as the next 2 weeks games automatically. For those keeping score at home:

Thats 6 full games and 3 quarters missed over a slightly pulled hamstring the Drs graded a "0.5 out of 3" which nobody has ever asserted was re-injured or aggravated after the initial injury.

Almost 2 months. Best medical attention, massages, hyperbaric chambers etc $millions can buy. Yet 2 months of being a puss.

His name will forever be "Part Time " from this event forward. To me, my friends, social media and anyone else who will listen to good sense.

We FINALLY got rid of Scam Newton and got a half decent QB to go with a defense who has been top 5 in the league all season.....and it will be squandered because "Part Time" with his fat $$$$ money would rather deek around with his Miss Universe girlfriend on tweeter than actually play RB in the NFL and make a playoff run....

Ronnie Lott was told by team Drs that his broken and infected finger needed surgery and he would miss the next game....

He said " Cut the damn thing off."

Its still a nub to the 1st knuckle to this very day. He never missed a snap...the 49ers rolled...thats football.

"Part Time" will miss half a season or more because he slightly pulled his hamstring. Incidentally...PT makes about as much money in 1 season as Lott made in his career...

So Go D. HENRY!!! MVP MVP MVP

D. HENRY with the 80yd run to paydirt....he is now my favorite RB in the NFL.

As a Panthers/Titans fan that lives 15mins from Panthers stadium...CMC was my favorite RB until this season. He is top3 best RBs on the planet, and likely the most gifted cracker athlete on Earth as well...has led the NFL in yards from scrimmage since the day he was drafted, rushed for over 1000yds every year, led the entire NFL in receptions despite not being a WR....when healthy he is good for 1500yds rushing/1000+yds and 100plus rec EVERY year....he missed almost all of last season with an injury and i (we) gave him the benefit of the doubt. He cane back this year healthy...200plus yards total each of the 1st three games and we are 3-0 with the no2 ranked defense in the league...

Then he pulls a hammy in the 1st quarter and leaves the game. Team doctors announced the day after that " on a strain scale from 1 to 3, his is a 0.5".... but he misses the next game. And the next. Then last wed...almost a month after this 0.5 hamstring pull and him practicing mon and tues...he gets put on the IR making him ineligible for Sundays loss (3 in a row by a TD or less...could have won every single 1 of them with him)...as well as the next 2 weeks games automatically. For those keeping score at home:

Thats 6 full games and 3 quarters missed over a slightly pulled hamstring the Drs graded a "0.5 out of 3" which nobody has ever asserted was re-injured or aggravated after the initial injury.

Almost 2 months. Best medical attention, massages, hyperbaric chambers etc $millions can buy. Yet 2 months of being a puss.

His name will forever be "Part Time " from this event forward. To me, my friends, social media and anyone else who will listen to good sense.

We FINALLY got rid of Scam Newton and got a half decent QB to go with a defense who has been top 5 in the league all season.....and it will be squandered because "Part Time" with his fat $$$$ money would rather deek around with his Miss Universe girlfriend on tweeter than actually play RB in the NFL and make a playoff run....

Ronnie Lott was told by team Drs that his broken and infected finger needed surgery and he would miss the next game....

He said " Cut the damn thing off."

Its still a nub to the 1st knuckle to this very day. He never missed a snap...the 49ers rolled...thats football.

"Part Time" will miss half a season or more because he slightly pulled his hamstring. Incidentally...PT makes about as much money in 1 season as Lott made in his career...

So Go D. HENRY!!! MVP MVP MVP

Very fun to watch. Titans are lucky to have him.

Time to dust this off. It's a reminder of a time before when "out of control" UT students threw stuff. The great winter of '64 snowball massacre.

View attachment 404285

We had a snow day the day after MLK Day in 2004. Rumor has it, it was the 1st snow day in decades and admin was reluctant to close down school because of an incident in the 60s or 70s where a truck driver on Cumberland got hit by a snowball and started shooting.

Reactions: AM64 and Wireless1
We had a snow day the day after MLK Day in 2004. Rumor has it, it was the 1st snow day in decades and admin was reluctant to close down school because of an incident in the 60s or 70s where a truck driver on Cumberland got hit by a snowball and started shooting.

I knew the guy who was shot. We lived in Hess; he was across the hall and a couple of doors down - more an acquaintance than a real friend, but a very nice guy - definitely not a troublemaker. He and a couple of other guys were headed out of the dorm as I got back from classes that day - invited me along, but I didn't go. One of those days you don't forget. The Knoxville press was up in arms - the words I recall were "educated savages"; and that's what stirred John Hall into his paintings. He did several for people like me who saw the original and asked for a copy. It seems like the first one was published in the Beacon. I still have my painting and some other memorabilia - some old Beacons, football game programs, ticket stubs, etc.

I knew the guy who was shot. We lived in Hess; he was across the hall and a couple of doors down - more an acquaintance than a real friend, but a very nice guy - definitely not a troublemaker. He and a couple of other guys were headed out of the dorm as I got back from classes that day - invited me along, but I didn't go. One of those days you don't forget. The Knoxville press was up in arms - the words I recall were "educated savages"; and that's what stirred John Hall into his paintings. He did several for people like me who saw the original and asked for a copy. It seems like the first one was published in the Beacon. I still have my painting and some other memorabilia - some old Beacons, football game programs, ticket stubs, etc.
Wow. Heard that story when we had the snow day and just looked up that beacon article. Crazy stuff.

I'm not sure if it was that day, but I was coming back from class on one of the lower level roads that went around the hill (this was before stadium expansion took over) and I did my good deed of the day. There used to be sidewalks - mostly steps interrupted by some sloping walkways going down the hill - especially over near Ferris, Perkins, and the physics building. So I saw this girl coming down the stairs which were ice and snow coated and decided to be boy scout. I went up the steps to meet her, took her hand, and somehow we managed to get down in one piece. Since I was a freshman and she obviously wasn't it didn't go anywhere, but at least I managed not to make a fool of myself and felt good about the experience.

Well we never gonna defeat bama or Georgia anyway, which leaves kentucky as the one toss-up game left. There's no guarantee that we would beat kentucky with hooker. We'll get to a bowl regardless.
Yeah, that will make watching Milton over throw 2/3rd of his passes so much better.

We would be somewhat competitive with Hooker, you know what everyone wanted. Instead we will get boat raced with Milton. I mean who doesnt want to watch Milton run out of bounds at the end of the game when we need a TD.

Heck, I doubt it was even a 1000 people throwing stuff.
I bet it was more. There was trash around the entire stadium. Upper deck, lower deck, students, non students. Maybe less than 1000 threw more than one piece of trash out there, but for that amount of crap it was more than 1000.

Yeah, that will make watching Milton over throw 2/3rd of his passes so much better.

We would be somewhat competitive with Hooker, you know what everyone wanted. Instead we will get boat raced with Milton. I mean who doesnt want to watch Milton run out of bounds at the end of the game when we need a TD.

Blaming fans for a player getting injured is ridiculous.

So is thinking the fans have no direct impact on a game they interupted for 20 minutes.

I'd guess that 20 minutes is less than Ole Miss flop time delays, and far less than commercial delays ... and more entertaining than either. One thought I've had from the beginning is WTH would you put the other team's bench on the same side of the stadium as the student section. If not for intimidation and interference, then you have to believe the people deciding issues like where you place the visiting teams should be in a very different line of work.

Reactions: Pepe_Silvia
So is thinking the fans have no direct impact on a game they interupted for 20 minutes.

But how can you say that the 20-minute interruption negatively impacted the outcome? Perhaps the delay improved our chances of winning.

I'll I'm saying is that it's all speculation. And I would rather have a rowdy fanbase that occasionally goes over the line than to have a fanbase like vandy that just doesn't even show up.

I'd guess that 20 minutes is less than Ole Miss flop time delays, and far less than commercial delays ... and more entertaining than either. One thought I've had from the beginning is WTH would you put the other team's bench on the same side of the stadium as the student section. If not for intimidation and interference, then you have to believe the people deciding issues like where you place the visiting teams should be in a very different line of work.
Unfortunately I think the reason for both is the sunshine. We want our players in the shade, as do the boosters. Let the opposing team and the students bake.......It just happens to be a positive unintended consequence that the students have the opposing team to distract them during the game.

Reactions: apevol and AM64

VN Store

Back