SEC fine from Saturday's activities

$250,000 fine on Tennessee

• Too high

• Too low

• About right

Results are only viewable after voting.
“Standard penalties to a school for fans running onto the field, usually in a celebration after a win, include $50,000 for the first offense, $100,000 for a second offense and $250,000 for a third offense. It might provide a framework, but Sankey will have discretion to go less than or more than that.”

So equal to that of fans storming the field for a third time. Damn I guess next time that’s what we’ll do is just storm the field
Opens up a new line of revenue for the SEC

And absolutely nothing about the same officiating crew that has sucked ass all season long sucking ass once again.
Something that is directly under their control. Ridiculous. I think White/Plowman should issue a public statement acknowledging the SEC’s statement on fan behavior but raising them on the issue of officiating and poor sportsmanship of Ole Miss. Especially since they’re so concerned about the “sportsmanship” of our fans

Reactions: FlVols and tbwhhs
The SEC will simply deduct that amount from Tennessee's share of the bowl and TV money fund in January,

The only thing more disturbing than an over the top fine is the wholesale silence on the things that moved the fans to tossing debris from Blonde Donde and White Danny, who do they think pays their salaries and who do they really work for?

Reactions: FlVols
I didn't watch until near the end, but could anyone enlighten me on what all happened?...I know a lot of it was Kiffin, but the fourth down was conclusively short based on the replays they showed, and that's when they started throwing stuff...What else happened that got them to that point?

Fans were already pretty ticked with the officials. Then the close call on 4th and 27 sent some them off the deep end. And the fans in attendance didn't have the replay we saw at home where it was pretty clear that he about half a yard short (maybe less).

Can't wait to see how much Stankey fines the Kiffin boys for delaying (and ruining) the game by faking injuries.
But I won't hold my breath.

Last edited:
Reactions: FlVols and txbo
Alabama radio is TRASHING UT this afternoon, as you can only imagine. Also, what's more important than the fine, is there is a good chance they will have to stop alcohol sales. That won't stop folks from drinking from the "titty bra bar", but that's a huge loss in revenue.

...and what does that do to the yahoos that threw the trash? Not one thing. Almost as stupid as bowl ban and scholarship reductions against a team that has no one(coaches or players) left that actually participated in the crap we turned ourselves in for.
They are banned from attending UT games.

Yeah, me too. Really, I've not been in a good mood since the incident. Then when my boss came in this morning, he said "I figured you would come in with a bag on your head." Now, every time I pass him in the hall, he calls me "litter bug." :rolleyes:

sue him for verbal assault, or verbal harassment……or both

I just hope everyone made it out of the hospital ok and returned home to their families. The events that took place in Knoxville on January 6, I mean October 16 are unacceptable…

White should schedule another Top Golf at Neyland to pay for it.

Alabama radio is TRASHING UT this afternoon, as you can only imagine. Also, what's more important than the fine, is there is a good chance they will have to stop alcohol sales. That won't stop folks from drinking from the "titty bra bar", but that's a huge loss in revenue.

Harvey Updyke's school?

Something that is directly under their control. Ridiculous. I think White/Plowman should issue a public statement acknowledging the SEC’s statement on fan behavior but raising them on the issue of officiating and poor sportsmanship of Ole Miss. Especially since they’re so concerned about the “sportsmanship” of our fans
Kentucky rushes field = $250K
Texas A&M rushes field = $100K (???)
Tennessee throws things on field = $250K

SEC is a trashbag conference and Sankey is a dumbass.

I get the fine, but don’t expect the university to defend or stand up for the fans in any way.
but, if we keep showing fan excitement and large crowds you can probably expect seat prices to increase!

VN Store

Back