Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 404121

Wish he had looked towards Hyatt on this play.

Hendo must have been crossed up on this play. Commentators noted that we run one side route trees sometimes where the off side receiver can take a break. Now, maybe it’s on Payton for dogging it but sure looks like Hooker just forgot the play is designed to other side.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Is anyone else hearing that Tony B said that the officials from the game Saturday have been suspended? I read it on facebook so please consider the source and don't run me down. I am just seeing if anyone else has heard.
I highly doubt it. Don't get me wrong, they ****ed us in that game.

But it's par for the course at this point. Can anyone tell me those refs were legitimately worse than the refs in the Auburn Arkansas game? They are absolutely terrible routinely at this point.

Reactions: berryvol
My dad and I discussed this play. I believe the initial read is to the right with the two WR's. But, they played one safety who was shaded to that side, which allowed Payton to be one on one.
Coach commented on that play at morning presser and yes, initially it was to go to right. He ended that answer with the comment Milton has to at least "find a way at the end of the day get the ball in the end zone, give someday a chance"....me paraphrasing....throw the freakin ball next time !

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I think the play was designed for Hyatt the whole time. Hook was confused

Disagree, the safety was cheating to Hyatt's side. Hook made the right pick (pre-snap) just that DB had better coverage and the safety left Hyatt once he saw where Hook was looking.

Ideally a pump fake to Payton & then look for Hyatt could have been a TD (if the safety would have reacted to the pump).

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I'm completely sold.

But what's also gonna be funny is when the constant negative media attention galvanizes the Scots-Irish (rebellious and don't like to be screwed) UT fanbase into a single monolithic force for chaos, resulting in sold-out redneck-mad "I'm mad as he11 and not gonna take it anymore" crowds, thus achieving complete unity in spite of poor performance on the field. You think we're bad now? Just wait.
MF'ing right!

Disagree, the safety was cheating to Hyatt's side. Hook made the right pick (pre-snap) just that DB had better coverage and the safety left Hyatt once he saw where Hook was looking.

Ideally a pump fake to Payton & then look for Hyatt could have been a TD (if the safety would have reacted to the pump).

Not disagreeing, but when is the last time we had a QB who could manipulate DBs like this? Have we had one since Fulmer left? I can't think of anybody.

Seems like we've had QBs who lock onto one target for about 15 years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back