'24 SC QB Jadyn Davis

Fort Mill (SC) Catawba Ridge quarterback Jadyn Davis, the No. 1 overall prospect in the Top247 2024 player rankings, was one of the top prospects inside Neyland Stadium on Saturday night for the Vols primetime showdown with Ole Miss.
This was a return trip to Knoxville for Davis who sees a lot of potential reasons for him to ultimately choose the Vols.
“Just how Coach (Alex) Golesh uses the whole field and spreads guys out,” Davis said. “Looking back at Coach (Josh) Heupel and Coach (Joey) Halzle, their track record speaks for itself. They coached great players and developed great players. How they utilize the quarterback position and it’s kind of like Coach Halzle took time off as a college football coach to be a quarterback trainer, it’s kind of like having a quarterback trainer at a school I would choose.
“How passionate and loyal the fans are,” Davis continued. “I never experienced anything like that. It was really cool.”
This was Davis’s father Jeremiah’s first time at Tennessee.

“It was a great experience,” the elder Davis said. “I was kind of impressed. The guys played very hard with the new regime. Them being down scholarships and players transferring out of the program when the new regime came. It’s one of those special places even though they’re in a rebuilding cycle.

“We got there we met with the quarterbacks coach and the offensive coordinator and spent a lot of time with those guys, We met with the head coach, spent time with him before the game. It was all great conversations. You can tell Jadyn is a priority at the school. We talked about quarterback development and stuff like that, and trying to get him back up there in the winter for a basketball game so he can spend more time with them and the players. We spoke with the OC and quarterbacks coach after the game. It was a good experience.”

Lol I THOUGHT THIS WAS GONNA HURT IS IN RECRUITING? Dumbass white knights. Lol.

Serious question: Have you ever seen a kid tweet anything remotely negative after a visit?

Anyone jump in the boat this weekend or we still got the #12 class in the SEC?

Throwing trash on the field wasn’t a good look no matter how you try and justify it.

It’s a good thing that his dad mentioned us being short scholarship players and having so many transferred out. They’re clearly making a point to remind all these recruits that we are playing the way we are in spite of those things. Potentially for a lot more success when we’re back to full numbers.

Serious question: Have you ever seen a kid tweet anything remotely negative after a visit?

Throwing trash on the field wasn’t a good look no matter how you try and justify it.

You honestly think high school kids are gonna be like "why how trashy". High school kids eat this kinda stuff up. It's always a good look to have loyalty and passion towards your team. What else were fans gonna do? Just be like "well golly, we got hosed, maybe we won't get hosed next time. Good game Ole Miss, hope all your players "heal" just fine."

You honestly think high school kids are gonna be like "why how trashy". High school kids eat this kinda stuff up. It's always a good look to have loyalty and passion towards your team. What else were fans gonna do? Just be like "well golly, we got hosed, maybe we won't get hosed next time. Good game Ole Miss, hope all your players "heal" just fine."

Maybe not. But their parents might.

Even if not, it’s a ****** look and did nothing to help.

Feel free to defend the idiocy of those fans who participated though.

Honestly I don’t know why offensive players aren’t jumping in the boat in droves. This offense gives every position on the field a chance to eat.
My guess is they don't want to work hard because they aren't built for this offense. Maybe they're like those quitters that transferred.

Maybe not. But their parents might.

Even if not, it’s a ****** look and did nothing to help.

Feel free to defend the idiocy of those fans who participated though.
I'm not defending what they did and they should absolutely be ashamed. With that said, doesn't mean it will hurt anything in recruiting. May not help, but wont hurt. Has nothing to do with If we like or dislike what they did Saturday night.

I'm not defending what they did and they should absolutely be ashamed. With that said, doesn't mean it will hurt anything in recruiting. May not help, but wont hurt. Has nothing to do with If we like or dislike what they did Saturday night.

So you know every player we are recruiting personally? You know, without question, that what happened will have no negative effects? If so, how?

This could be a deshaun Watson to clemson type impact on the program. It would set the stage for the comeback
Not to disagree with ya, but I believe the stage for the comeback has been set and is in progress with this current team. I’m super impressed with the job the staff has done with these guys and the total 180 they completed with buyin and culture change. These guys are playing above their ratings on paper and I’m very proud of this team and the fight they’re showing!!

Statistically speaking Banks might play himself into a mid/Late draft pick... he's top 5 in most production at MLB tackles, 4.5 sacks (SEC has him at 5), 1 qbh, 9 tfls, 1 int. By the years end he'll be up there in TFL's and tackles. He sits 11th in the league in total tackles but outside of Will Anderson with 7 sacks banks has had the most disruptive in regards to tfls.

Reactions: jpope9 and MrVolton

What a terrible take. How do you possibly know what kids like these days? You don't. They like that kinda passion. Come in off your limb.

VN Store

Back