2022 Recruits

Barker, we don’t feel confident in right now. Like I said about a year ago, it was going to be tough for anyone with Chris Ayers (Barker’s AAU coach) being hired by Coach Yo. However, Georgia made it very interesting but I think her recent visit there sealed the deal. She will be in Athens with Sydney Bowles this weekend.

Kara Dunn wanted to commit to Georgia but Joni was not going to take her over some of the other kids that we are currently in at the moment. I do know she was holding out, but decided to just go to Tech.

I think Cooper has Tennessee and Georgia at the top. That final visit was huge for Joni and let’s see if Georgia can keep that lead. The staff feels good and they brought in Ashley Rivens with Cooper and her family. Ashley coached Reigan Richardson also, and Talaysia and Reigan are pretty tight.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Barker, we don’t feel confident in right now. Like I said about a year ago, it was going to be tough for anyone with Chris Ayers (Barker’s AAU coach) being hired by Coach Yo. However, Georgia made it very interesting but I think her recent visit there sealed the deal. She will be in Athens with Sydney Bowles this weekend.

Kara Dunn wanted to commit to Georgia but Joni was not going to take her over some of the other kids that we are currently in at the moment. I do know she was holding out, but decided to just go to Tech.

I think Cooper has Tennessee and Georgia at the top. That final visit was huge for Joni and let’s see if Georgia can keep that lead. The staff feels good and they brought in Ashley Rivens with Cooper and her family. Ashley coached Reigan Richardson also, and Talaysia and Reigan are pretty tight.

* With Barker I heard Joni actually had her on the hook and she was leaning that way a for a minute so we shall see what happens and anything is possible with recruiting.

With Dunn (this is just hear say) i heard Joni had missteps with recruiting and this was a big misstep because she is a top 60 kid and her mom played and she can really play and is under ranked. Again, this was just what was what i heard.

Cooper is a mystery for sure. I heard she had good visits and some schools changed orders. But i believe she is really taking time to go through each school and where she fits.

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
From what i can find on her, the other schools on her list are NC State, FSU, and Miami. Knoxville is a 4.5 hour drive from her home town in Ohio, and the others are too far for the family to drive to see her play. All other things being equal, that might be the deciding factor, that her family can realistically drive to see her play at UT.

That was my thought too. Really hoping Kyla sees herself in Orange!

These ladies all saw Justine play this summer as well. No doubt some other girls are going to want to play with her. I’d want to be on her team!

* With Barker I heard Joni actually had her on the hook and she was leaning that way a for a minute so we shall see what happens and anything is possible with recruiting.

With Dunn (this is just hear say) i heard Joni had missteps with recruiting and this was a big misstep because she is a top 60 kid and her mom played and she can really play and is under ranked. Again, this was just what was what i heard.

Cooper is a mystery for sure. I heard she had good visits and some schools changed orders. But i believe she is really taking time to go through each school and where she fits.

I know for a fact that isn’t true with Kara. She wanted to commit to Joni and Joni wanted her to wait until other targets ahead of her made their decision. That came from as closest from the horses mouth that I could have ever gotten. Joni didn’t know what position she would play due to the work her ballhabdling needed. I am not bashing Dunn because her family are great people and she is a great kid.

Reactions: Volfan2012
I know for a fact that isn’t true with Kara. She wanted to commit to Joni and Joni wanted her to wait until other targets ahead of her made their decision. That came from as closest from the horses mouth that I could have ever gotten. Joni didn’t know what position she would play due to the work her ballhabdling needed. I am not bashing Dunn because her family are great people and she is a great kid.

Not what i heard but again that was what i was told.

Anyways I guess we will never know and that's weird if she wanted to commit with recruits you are unsure of and there is a sure thing that can seemingly help.

I didn't think you were bashing Dunn and she ended up with a proven coach and is going to school for free so i'm sure she is good too lol

Reactions: Volfan2012
Im hearing Kyla has canceled her visit to Maryland! Hopefully that means she wants to commit to UT

:eek::eek::eek: the drought might be ending...?

174359c5f531eb9f3531d164490e51adf5966987.gifv

:eek::eek::eek: the drought might be ending...?

174359c5f531eb9f3531d164490e51adf5966987.gifv

It would be nice. I have always liked posts who are efficient players and can finish. She seems to fit the bill. I would be pretty happy with her and Justine as a class, and if we could pull Cooper as well that would be a pretty good haul and show a continued upwards trajectory in recruiting from year to year.

I hope Kyla Oldacre ends up signing with the Lady Vols. She is the best post player in the 2022 class IMO. If true not going to Maryland visit then it is down to Tennessee, NC State, Miami, and Florida State. Kyla is strong and powerful player with touch around the basket and can really run the floor for a player of her size. She is a top ten player in the 2022 class and NIke MVP. We need her badly to push our program to another level. She will be a dominating player in college and whichever of the schools that gets her moves to another level.

Based on the videos I seen, she looks like another KK to me. 🥴
Let us see that video so we can all comment on it. I like KK but she in no way compares talent wise with Kyla. Kyla is able to dunk the ball and is 6'6" tall with touch around the rim that KK never developed. She also is really good from 15 feet in perimeter shooting average 23 points 11 rebounds 4 blocks and 2 steals last season. Just watching her run the floor in no way reminds me of KK. I fear that the Florida schools are the favorites for her but we'll see as we'd be very fortunate to get a player like Kyla.

Based on the videos I seen, she looks like another KK to me. 🥴

You also are looking at her sophomore videos i believe ... If you viewed her team at Nike she looks like a different player than the ones of her playing with her school team.

Also, i believe she is a little more coordinated and when she gets the college conditioning it will change the way she moves again. She is your true low post old school type player.

Let us see that video so we can all comment on it. I like KK but she in no way compares talent wise with Kyla. Kyla is able to dunk the ball and is 6'6" tall with touch around the rim that KK never developed. She also is really good from 15 feet in perimeter shooting average 23 points 11 rebounds 4 blocks and 2 steals last season. Just watching her run the floor in no way reminds me of KK. I fear that the Florida schools are the favorites for her but we'll see as we'd be very fortunate to get a player like Kyla.

I believe the poster is looking at these (has two videos posted) and i believe they are from two years ago ... i want to go back and watch her again at Nike Nationals. I need to relocate that on the threads and see if they r still available

Kyla Oldacre - WBB Blog

Also, TN made a serious impression😎 i'll say TN made serious impressions with BOTH she and Cooper. Now where they end up i don't know. But i think they made it more difficult to say No to them especially for Oldacre.

I believe the poster is looking at these (has two videos posted) and i believe they are from two years ago ... i want to go back and watch her again at Nike Nationals. I need to relocate that on the threads and see if they r still available

Kyla Oldacre - WBB Blog
I don't ever remember KK dribbling the floor and making a layup or blocking a three point shooters shot or any of those moves around the basket. I like KK but she was limited in what she could do and a layup was quite often not her friend.

You also are looking at her sophomore videos i believe ... If you viewed her team at Nike she looks like a different player than the ones of her playing with her school team.

Also, i believe she is a little more coordinated and when she gets the college conditioning it will change the way she moves again. She is your true low post old school type player.
Yessss I the one at the bottom and it was another I had seen. I snuck on Facebook and seen them last night and then deactivated my account after I got done sneaking around! 😂 but that was definitely one I seen!

VN Store

Back