Wow @ Gruden...another debacle had we hired him [update: Gruden resigns]

You come here to pick arguments because your wife must not let you have your balls. What a sad life you live.

This is what I know. Professional baseball, basketball and hockey players have guaranteed contracts, NFL players dont. NFL contracts can be worthless after a signing bonus for a player if a team basically wants to cut a guy. Numerous times NFL players face a pay cut or get released, even at a height of their career. Players injured can get cut and lose millions, other sports cant do that. NBA, MLB players can still earn their contracts long after their career has ended.

Your stupidity on this subject is unlimited. No sensible person defends Smith as a labor leader. NFLPA is a complete joke and that serves the purpose of the NFL. The league prefers Smith as Union leader. Sadly NFL players dont realize how bad their leadership has been for decades until their career is over and they are left with the medical expenses of injuries, the shortened life span, cheated out of millions, etc. The big settlement over the brain injuries was another sell out by the union. It wont cover a fraction of the real costs which is an "iceberg" (far more under the surface than initially appears).

Majority of players probably dont know who or care who the leader is, scared of their jobs and do what they are told. Smith has been the leader for several years, I doubt he even had competition....unions arent the most transparent organizations if you didnt know.
I didn't defend him. What a waste of time for you that you spent all that time telling me something I already knew about the contract situation and concussion issues. You do know part of the CBA is the players are sharing in TV revenue, right? Most of the player reps are educated and informed guys...
Much more so than you about their union leader. That was my point. Might want to adjust that trigger factor

Finally, you wouldn't have the slightest clue as to what the players think

You come here to pick arguments because your wife must not let you have your balls. What a sad life you live.

This is what I know. Professional baseball, basketball and hockey players have guaranteed contracts, NFL players dont. NFL contracts can be worthless after a signing bonus for a player if a team basically wants to cut a guy. Numerous times NFL players face a pay cut or get released, even at a height of their career. Players injured can get cut and lose millions, other sports cant do that. NBA, MLB players can still earn their contracts long after their career has ended.

Your stupidity on this subject is unlimited. No sensible person defends Smith as a labor leader. NFLPA is a complete joke and that serves the purpose of the NFL. The league prefers Smith as Union leader. Sadly NFL players dont realize how bad their leadership has been for decades until their career is over and they are left with the medical expenses of injuries, the shortened life span, cheated out of millions, etc. The big settlement over the brain injuries was another sell out by the union. It wont cover a fraction of the real costs which is an "iceberg" (far more under the surface than initially appears).

Majority of players probably dont know who or care who the leader is, scared of their jobs and do what they are told. Smith has been the leader for several years, I doubt he even had competition....unions arent the most transparent organizations if you didnt know.
I agree with you how ever my thing about sports related injuries is and especially with football is that it's a contact sport. These players know this, these players get paid millions l, these players need to realize when to leave the game like when Andrew Luck decided to retire early so he can enjoy the rest of his life. These players need to realize the science aspect of the sport more and cry less about injuries.

It is 100% about the public being thin skinned. This came out because someone wanted it to come out. Someone had an agenda to oust him. Knowing that anything racial/homophobic is going to 100% cause him to lose his job. It is what it is though. He knew better. It isn't like he was some Walmart door greeter.
Then the public has been thin skinned for decades.

A head coach in the NFL, who coaches and interacts with African Americans on a daily basis, describes another African American in the league as having lips the size of Michelin tires in an email, an obvious and pretty egregious racial stereotype that any reasonable person would find incredibly offensive. That’s why there is punishment. If you can’t understand why there is punishment, try it out at your place of work and let me know how it goes.
There isn't a professional organization in the world that wouldn't fire an employee for the same action

It is 100% about the public being thin skinned. This came out because someone wanted it to come out. Someone had an agenda to oust him. Knowing that anything racial/homophobic is going to 100% cause him to lose his job. It is what it is though. He knew better. It isn't like he was some Walmart door greeter.

At least know the bare minimum about the story so that you don't end up adopting fake facts and draw conclusions from them. This all came out because it was part of discovery for a workplace misconduct investigation.

Last edited:
I didn't defend him. What a waste of time for you that you spent all that time telling me something I already knew about the contract situation and concussion issues. You do know part of the CBA is the players are sharing in TV revenue, right? Most of the player reps are educated and informed guys...
Much more so than you about their union leader. That was my point. Might want to adjust that trigger factor

You argue with everyone about anything. You’re just a sad perverted soul. Move on.

Players are far more loyal to their agent than they are Smith. Internet is full of articles about dissatisfaction with him. Here’s one, if you read.
USA TODAY NFL agents poll: NFLPA's DeMaurice Smith not doing good job

Last edited:
A head coach in the NFL, who coaches and interacts with African Americans on a daily basis, describes another African American in the league as having lips the size of Michelin tires in an email, an obvious and pretty egregious racial stereotype that any reasonable person would find incredibly offensive. That’s why there is punishment. If you can’t understand why there is punishment, try it out at your place of work and let me know how it goes.

I understand how people like you are desperate to find an issue. I’m not offended if some black guy says a white guy can’t jump.

Reactions: HoptownVol
As a veteran I get that, I also fought for them to protest when ever and were ever they want. I fought for them and everyone else to have freedom of speech. Imo the flag and national anthem represents the military and the lives lost defending this nation not standing and putting your hand over your heart is a sign of disrespect to me. Instead of people getting upset over people not agreeing with what they are doing and maybe more people should understand and walk a mile in the shoes of the people who disagree with how they are protesting. After all this is the USA and we also have the right to disagree on how they protest and it should be ok but people like you are trying to paint that as a negative. If one is ok then the other is too.
Just now, at no point did you address why they are protesting. That is why I’m upset with people focusing on HOW someone protests.

You argue with everyone about anything. You’re just a sad perverted soul. Move on.

Players are far more loyal to their agent than they are Smith. Internet is full of articles about dissatisfaction with him. Here’s one, if you read.
USA TODAY NFL agents poll: NFLPA's DeMaurice Smith not doing good job
Oh, he's had his share of complaints from dissatisfied agents. There are so many factors in negotiations with NFL owners that it's absolutely impossible for the players to get everything they feel they deserve. Of course the agents are going to speak out against Smith. That's their fiduciary duty. The gains on one front will always be at the expense of other issues. The inclusion of TV revenue sharing in the CBA certainly resulted in the sacrifice of not getting more lengthy guaranteed contracts. The NFL owners are a tough bunch, coupled with being astute businessmen. The players aren't being screed that royally anyway. Pull up a list of 2021 salaries for players. Many of them need to heed the advice they get on financial planning

Last edited:
Oh, he's had his share of complaints from dissatisfied agents. There are so many factors in negotiations with NFL owners that it's absolutely impossible for the players to get everything they feel they deserve. Of course the agents are going to speak out against Smith. That's their fiduciary duty. The gains on one front will always be at the expense of other issues. The inclusion of TV revenue sharing in the CBA certainly resulted in the sacrifice of not getting more lengthy guaranteed contracts. The NFL owners are a tough bunch, coupled with being astute businessmen. The players aren't being screed that royally anyway. Pull up a list of 2021 salaries for players. Many of them need to heed the advice they get on financial planning

So players aren’t unhappy with Smith?
Sources: NFLPA head Smith could be on way out

So players aren’t unhappy with Smith?
Sources: NFLPA head Smith could be on way out
Provide an example from my post that indicates I insinuated the players are happy about him. You clearly provided a post that indicates agents don't like him and added that's who the players listen to the most. I agreed and expanded as to why in detail. It is pretty sad that you can't distinguish detail and apply nuance. You added to your previous post earlier because you perused the internet for 30 minutes trying to prove a point to me that was completely nonsensical. You should move on because the original point I made was that regardless of your opinion about his leadership, he was overwhelming reelected to a position that rates a difficulty factor your tiny brain can't comprehend. I never defended him other than the fact he's in an extremely tough position and willing to take it on.

Just now, at no point did you address why they are protesting. That is why I’m upset with people focusing on HOW someone protests.
So what. If you wanna talk about what they are protesting then let's talk about how more white people get the same treatment and the news doesn't cover it. Let's talk about how majority of crimes are made from the minorities as a percentage of the population. Let's talk about how you're more likely to commit crimes when you don't grow up with a mother and father in the house hold. Let's talk about how the liberal hand me outs promotes single mother hood instead of actually helping. Let's talk about how BLM which came from what Collin starting has destroyed property and killed people yet nothing is being done. You wanna talk about how a man grew up at least in middle class wanting to disrespect the flag and national anthem when he has rarely been the victim of what he is protesting but just like you and news you don't wanna talk about the full story. And you wonder why people get mad at you and others like you.

So what. If you wanna talk about what they are protesting then let's talk about how more white people get the same treatment and the news doesn't cover it. Let's talk about how majority of crimes are made from the minorities as a percentage of the population. Let's talk about how you're more likely to commit crimes when you don't grow up with a mother and father in the house hold. Let's talk about how the liberal hand me outs promotes single mother hood instead of actually helping. Let's talk about how BLM which came from what Collin starting has destroyed property and killed people yet nothing is being done. You wanna talk about how a man grew up at least in middle class wanting to disrespect the flag and national anthem when he has rarely been the victim of what he is protesting but just like you and news you don't wanna talk about the full story. And you wonder why people get mad at you and others like you.

Your words below:

You've conflated a plethora of distinctive issues into a speech that sounds good only to the dolts who can't distinguish details and apply nuance

Reactions: VolFan4Life87

these are your words

You've conflated a plethora of distinctive issues into a speech that sounds good only to the dolts who can't distinguish details and apply nuance
Clearly you hate facts and talking about the whole issue. It's OK snow flake keep to your misguided judgment the rest of us will continue to use logical reasoning to try and solve problems

Hardly. He said I had no clue about what players think. It’s in the article. It’s been a story for years.
Then why did you say I said that? Again I didn't read the article bc I don't care to or want to give the writer his or her 15 mins of fame for something that doesn't even matter 10 years later

Your words below:

You're so tore up you can't reply accurately.

Did the players overwhelming elect him again?

Do a shot, take a puff or whatever you need to do to relax and stop embarrassing yourself. Later, look up "perverted" in the dictionary so you know the meaning. Then, think about what you've been doing for the past 2 hours and look into the mirror.

Sleep well young man

VN Store

Back