Wow @ Gruden...another debacle had we hired him [update: Gruden resigns]

Or.....hear me out...you're an a**hole.

Oh, it's you again.

I mean, exhibit A, right here. This is a constant pattern with everyone that has responded. Nobody argues the points which is indication that none of you actually can. Just more character assassination. It's like you're all cut from the same cloth. There is no actual intellectual courage or originality in any of your thoughts.

How many times do I have to tell you what you're going to do and you still turn around and do it? At what point do you realize, "maybe I should come up with a coherent response that addresses his valid points."

This is the issue. I'm calling you out and you're so conditioned to think you're in the right you keep falling into the very trap I point out to you beforehand.

It's obvious everyone that has responded has an inflated sense of their own virtue. You can't be empathetic and graceless. You're all pharisee and no Jesus, all religion and no messiah. You're current beliefs don't hold water. Your position has been nothing but posturing to show yourselves as "good". You aren't actually good, if you were, you wouldn't have to display it.

Address the points, or just keep attacking me... That'll just expose you have no strength in your position.

Welcome truth as a guest or have it return as a conqueror.

And seriously, do yourselves a favor, don't attack me as a person. The ideas gents. The ideas

Oh, it's you again.

I mean, exhibit A, right here. This is a constant pattern with everyone that has responded. Nobody argues the points which is indication that none of you actually can. Just more character assassination. It's like you're all cut from the same cloth. There is no actual intellectual courage or originality in any of your thoughts.

How many times do I have to tell you what you're going to do and you still turn around and do it? At what point do you realize, "maybe I should come up with a coherent response that addresses his valid points."

This is the issue. I'm calling you out and you're so conditioned to think you're in the right you keep falling into the very trap I point out to you beforehand.

It's obvious everyone that has responded has an inflated sense of their own virtue. You can't be empathetic and graceless. You're all pharisee and no Jesus, all religion and no messiah. You're current beliefs don't hold water. Your position has been nothing but posturing to show yourselves as "good". You aren't actually good, if you were, you wouldn't have to display it.

Address the points, or just keep attacking me... That'll just expose you have no strength in your position.

Welcome truth as a guest or have it return as a conqueror.

And seriously, do yourselves a favor, don't attack me as a person. The ideas gents. The ideas

165b6125fd91b815c5f083e4f033f2b7.gif

Reactions: De La Cloobs
The condescending tone I take with most of the board is because nobody has stepped up to argue the points. The only thing I have been met with is lame attempts at character assassination and everyone pointing to their own virtue. Putting my boot on your neck and talking down to you is well deserved at that point. Once you throw genuine debate out the window and attempt to attack me as a person instead... Well, I'll throw it right back down your throat.

So quit trying to attack me as a person, it's a losing battle. Try attacking my points.

1. Address the cultural conditioning that makes cancel culture so prevalent these days and how that affects your own thought patterns. Namely, how you are born into a guilt/innocence culture which creates a mindset that encourages pointing out another person faults in an attempt to elevate your own righteousness and prove virtue both to yourself and your peers.

2. Address how if we apply cancel culture across the board countless people get canceled. Kevin Hart is out of Hollywood, Jeremy Banks is not playing football. I could go on.

3. Explain how canceling individuals over misdemeanor level penalties (texts, emails, slightly abrasive social media posts of 10+ years) creates a more whole and healthy society.

Nobody has addressed these with any sort of worthy coherence. Give it a shot
No nuance here.

Reactions: VolsSportsFan
I was hoping someone would address literally any of the points. Nobody has had the mental backbone to even entertain the idea they could be wrong. I would at least consider myself wrong if someone brought forth an idea of worth. That hasn't happened yet. This discussion has become dull.

At least some of you are making me a wealthy man. Real estate is at an all time high and I've got it rent free in several of y'all's heads.

Given all that come out the last week any chance we go after him in our next coaching search. Not sure how many opportunities he will have but the man can coach.

In light of recent discoveries, I don't see a University pursuing his services any time in the future, certainly not the near future.

I'm not arguing that it should or shouldn't be that way. I just believe that it is that way.

I don't know if the OP is serious or not, but I don't think that Gruden coaches again. And, in today's climate, there is no way that UT would ever try to employ him in such a capacity.

Honestly, to me his abrupt resignation is an indication that there are more skeletons in his closet that he doesn't want to stick around to have exposed.

Wait what? OP you for real? Gruden is done. Like no coming back done. I cannot say that it is right. Although with the way this country is so thin skinned now. He will never get another gig at NFL/Power 5 College level.

Reactions: Zues1
Given all that come out the last week any chance we go after him in our next coaching search. Not sure how many opportunities he will have but the man can coach.

He hasn't won a playoff game since his Super Bowl win 20 years ago. He's about as overhyped as it gets.

Reactions: irish1485
Smith is the worst leader in the history of organized labor. And NFL players just re-elected him. Goodell doesn’t want anything to happen to Smith.

Smith is the worst leader in the history of organized labor. And NFL players just re-elected him. Goodell doesn’t want anything to happen to Smith.
Apparently the players have an entirely different opinion of Smith than you. Maybe you should consult with them and enlighten them to the things you know about him that they don't know

Wait what? OP you for real? Gruden is done. Like no coming back done. I cannot say that it is right. Although with the way this country is so thin skinned now. He will never get another gig at NFL/Power 5 College level.

The resignation is not really about the public being thin-skinned it's about major organizations caring about their image. Woody Hayes didn't really hurt anybody, it was just a really bad look. Petrino was out because it was a really bad look. Guess what? Gruden's out because it's a really bad look. This has always been the way things work.

The resignation is not really about the public being thin-skinned it's about major organizations caring about their image. Woody Hayes didn't really hurt anybody, it was just a really bad look. Petrino was out because it was a really bad look. Guess what? Gruden's out because it's a really bad look. This has always been the way things work.
Yep. Many of the posters want to blame it on a "new culture" or something similar. This has been going on for decades

I’ve yet to see a victim anywhere.

The poster I was responding to was defending Gruden by essentI ally saying others in the league have done worse without getting the same treatment from the NFL, thus making Gruden out to be a victim of the NFL’s hypocrisy. I was pointing out the fallacy in that logic

The poster I was responding to was defending Gruden by essentI ally saying others in the league have done worse without getting the same treatment from the NFL, thus making Gruden out to be a victim of the NFL’s hypocrisy. I was pointing out the fallacy in that logic

Ok. And I am just saying I’ve yet to see any victim. So why is there any punishment.

Apparently the players have an entirely different opinion of Smith than you. Maybe you should consult with them and enlighten them to the things you know about him that they don't know

You come here to pick arguments because your wife must not let you have your balls. What a sad life you live.

This is what I know. Professional baseball, basketball and hockey players have guaranteed contracts, NFL players dont. NFL contracts can be worthless after a signing bonus for a player if a team basically wants to cut a guy. Numerous times NFL players face a pay cut or get released, even at a height of their career. Players injured can get cut and lose millions, other sports cant do that. NBA, MLB players can still earn their contracts long after their career has ended.

Your stupidity on this subject is unlimited. No sensible person defends Smith as a labor leader. NFLPA is a complete joke and that serves the purpose of the NFL. The league prefers Smith as Union leader. Sadly NFL players dont realize how bad their leadership has been for decades until their career is over and they are left with the medical expenses of injuries, the shortened life span, cheated out of millions, etc. The big settlement over the brain injuries was another sell out by the union. It wont cover a fraction of the real costs which is an "iceberg" (far more under the surface than initially appears).

Majority of players probably dont know who or care who the leader is, scared of their jobs and do what they are told. Smith has been the leader for several years, I doubt he even had competition....unions arent the most transparent organizations if you didnt know.

Reactions: chrismc1000
Ok. And I am just saying I’ve yet to see any victim. So why is there any punishment.

A head coach in the NFL, who coaches and interacts with African Americans on a daily basis, describes another African American in the league as having lips the size of Michelin tires in an email, an obvious and pretty egregious racial stereotype that any reasonable person would find incredibly offensive. That’s why there is punishment. If you can’t understand why there is punishment, try it out at your place of work and let me know how it goes.

They’re taking a knee because among this country’s creeds is “justice for all” yet from their perspective certain minorities continue to not receive justice for injustices at the hands of government authorities. Their actions are a visible demonstration to hopefully get people talking about the issue in order to bring resolution to it. Instead, people are distorting the message. Before you or anyone else knee-jerk responds with “well they can demonstrate some other way” I ask why you haven’t tried to understand what they are doing? An actual veteran suggested the taking a knee approach. Why is this action equatable to pissing on all of the seals on the armed services? I just don’t get it, except maybe it’s just easier and not uncomfortable to hate this action than try to understand an entirely different life experience than your own.
As a veteran I get that, I also fought for them to protest when ever and were ever they want. I fought for them and everyone else to have freedom of speech. Imo the flag and national anthem represents the military and the lives lost defending this nation not standing and putting your hand over your heart is a sign of disrespect to me. Instead of people getting upset over people not agreeing with what they are doing and maybe more people should understand and walk a mile in the shoes of the people who disagree with how they are protesting. After all this is the USA and we also have the right to disagree on how they protest and it should be ok but people like you are trying to paint that as a negative. If one is ok then the other is too.

It is 100% about the public being thin skinned. This came out because someone wanted it to come out. Someone had an agenda to oust him. Knowing that anything racial/homophobic is going to 100% cause him to lose his job. It is what it is though. He knew better. It isn't like he was some Walmart door greeter.

VN Store

Back