We are Kentucky’s daddy

'Cat fan, we'll whup your butts in a few weeks and never see you on these boards again. I'm sure you're glad to be here for now, though. Can't say the feeling is mutual.

Glanced at a South Carolina fan forum last week, and was shocked how little they were talking about the upcoming game. I mentioned at the time, it was like they were studiously avoiding making eye contact with the 800 pound gorilla standing in the corner, figuring if they didn't see him, he couldn't see them.

Well, we saw them.

So I'm not surprised 'Cats fans on your own fan board are pretending not to see Tennessee coming. It fits the pattern. But know this: we are coming. We might be battered and bruised by the next couple of opponents, but I expect you will be, too. And then we're coming for you.

I think I scared the 'Cat fan off. He hasn't posted since. :)

EDIT: oh, my bad, he hasn't posted since 8:42 last night. I initially thought his last post was at 8:42 this morning, 5 minutes before mine. Heh.

Go Vols!

One of the reasons for the 150 yards in penalties seemed to be that Florida wasn't prepared for the 12th man. The crowd noise was deafening when they had the ball. Had 3 false starts in a row one series. Heupel should have them prepared with two weeks of prep.

IMO, UK will be on a two game losing streak when UT goes to Lexington. The match ups vs MSU aren't good for UK. MSU gets a warm up game vs Vandy before UK. UK will likely be licking their wounds in a bye week following their trip to Athens.

Much is made about UT's depth... but UK is only a couple of injuries away from disaster. They're flat out awful in every respect behind Levis. Their OL is not much if any deeper than UT's in "quality" players. Paschal is an excellent DL. Oxendine is good. If either gets injured... UK isn't even a "good" DL.
Oxendine out for the season.

Kentucky is big, fast and athletic. Maybe the best overall set of athletes they’ve ever had there. Gonna be a really tough out. We gotta be able to score and have just enough defense to frustrate them or force a couple of turnovers. One bright spot early on for us was with that vaunted O Line, KY really hasn’t had a lot of scoring production. Hope that continues.

The HB cultish following are biding their time hoping that Hooker slips up at some point.
HB is so gone that he might as well pack up. Even if Hooker gets hurt, it’s Milton that will play. Only chance of ever seeing HB play for TN again is if they both get hurt I believe.

I think most underestimate the negative impact of Pruitt's culture on results. Yeah. JG stank. They tried to put more on him and he got worse. Pruitt refused to replace him. But really... it was Pruitt's lack of leadership and the inherent lack of unity between team members. Pruitt pushed the idea that it was "business"... iow's everyone playing for themselves. It showed. They never played for each other.

It doesn't show up in a box score but that's something Heupel successfully attacked immediately after taking over. Looks like very good improvement so far.
Yeah I should throw that point out there more often.
Playing a mentally broken QB mixed in with all that exacerbated that problem.

Reactions: sjt18
HB is so gone that he might as well pack up. Even if Hooker gets hurt, it’s Milton that will play. Only chance of ever seeing HB play for TN again is if they both get hurt I believe.
I couldn't answer that... I was just talking about them waiting for an opportunity to condemn Hooker.

Let's get an unbiased opinion

2021 Player Statistics
I figured you might go with stats. Tennessee and Ole Miss' scheme is why those two QBs are where they are at. Stick this guy on those teams and you see a whole new level. I haven't watched AK QB, so I can't speak to that. But I went back and forth watching recorded Bama and Ky games and KY QB was obviously the better QB at least in those games and KY's receivers are not Bamas. I think the Kentucky kid outperforms all of those QBs in the pros.

You're one of the ones saying Mizzou was a bridge too far... aren't you?

What measure are you using to propose the fantasy that Levis is the best QB in the SEC? QBR? No. That's Hooker ahead of Corral and MUCH further ahead of Levis. TD:INT? Levis is one of the worst in the SEC. Completion %? Hooker is 2nd. Levis is 7th. YPC? Hooker is at 9.5 while Levis is at 8.4. Dropping the game Hooker didn't start or play a significant portion in... his ypg are 30-40 more than Levis.

Levis is far from the "best". He's pretty average. He does have good mobility but not as much of a rushing threat as Hooker.

QB is one of the reasons UT has a very, very good chance of winning that game.

UK is having a good season. They got a good win over a good UF team. UF did a lot to gift them that game... but UK was good enough to take it. They played too many close games against weak opponents. I think we'll have to see what happens to LSU from here out to know if that was a "good" win or not. LSU's best win so far was a 28-25 victory over MSU. I never liked Coach O very much... and now he's throwing his players under the bus on a fairly regular basis.

Sidenote: Hopefully UT can pick up some portal talent from LSU.

I still don't fear UK's talent. Bama has overwhelming talent. UGA has overwhelming talent. UK and Ole Miss have talent weaknesses that can be exploited.... as does UT. That makes it about coaching.
I think most underestimate the negative impact of Pruitt's culture on results. Yeah. JG stank. They tried to put more on him and he got worse. Pruitt refused to replace him. But really... it was Pruitt's lack of leadership and the inherent lack of unity between team members. Pruitt pushed the idea that it was "business"... iow's everyone playing for themselves. It showed. They never played for each other.

It doesn't show up in a box score but that's something Heupel successfully attacked immediately after taking over. Looks like very good improvement so far.
Fantasy? Ha OK. People put up crazy numbers all the time only to flounder in the pros. The numbers are what they are for other reasons outside of the QB. More specifically receivers and offensive scheme. I watched the guy play on the same day I watched all of the other leading QBs play accept Arkansas' and he is obviously the best passer. Watch a full game of each and you might agree.

Matt Corral
Bryce Young
JT Daniels
KJ Jefferson
Hendon Hooker
A&Ms QB after beating Bama as a true freshman

Hes not bad. Dude just isn't much of a passer. Has some testicles, but he's not that talented.
Did you watch the LSU game or any of his games? He throws a beautiful ball.

Fantasy? Ha OK. People put up crazy numbers all the time only to flounder in the pros. The numbers are what they are for other reasons outside of the QB. More specifically receivers and offensive scheme. I watched the guy play on the same day I watched all of the other leading QBs play accept Arkansas' and he is obviously the best passer. Watch a full game of each and you might agree.
I watched his spring video. I watched some video from his Penn State game. I have watched parts of 3 or 4 games from this year. No. He isn't the best passer. He's not close to the best passer. Not sure what your stake in the guy is... but if he does something this weekend then I'll be impressed. So far, he's middling just like his stats say he is.

I watched his spring video. I watched some video from his Penn State game. I have watched parts of 3 or 4 games from this year. No. He isn't the best passer. He's not close to the best passer. Not sure what your stake in the guy is... but if he does something this weekend then I'll be impressed. So far, he's middling just like his stats say he is.
Well to your credit. I have only watched his most recent game, LSU, and he threw the ball beautifully against them.

Well to your credit. I have only watched his most recent game, LSU, and he threw the ball beautifully against them.
LSU is just plain awful. Bunch of talented kids with an absolute incompetent for a HC. Now O has taken to throwing the players under the bus. I think he did it previous to this game. He did it I believe at the half and after the game. That locker room is toxic.

You can watch almost any of their other games besides LSU. MU held him to 55% completions and 179 yds with a TD and INT in a game that was competitive throughout.... you know that D that everyone declared the worst in CFB after UT whacked them?

UF held him to 87 yds with a TD and INT on 7 for 17 completions. He was 15/22 for 102 yds and a INT vs USCe.

He has good physical talent. Maybe LSU helped him turn the corner? But on the whole this year he hasn't been all that good.

Last edited:
Reactions: PlanetVolunteer

That was by far his best game of the year and he had 145 yards passing. Prior, Kentucky won in spite of his turnovers and generally poor play. Kentucky is 4th worst in the nation in turnover margin. It's a miracle that it's not cost them. They were -3 in t.o margin vs South Carolina and won. SEC road teams were 8-112 in the last 120 road games with a -3 turnover margin. I expect a raft of turnovers vs Georgia and a game similar to UGA vs Arkansas. I hope I'm wrong, as I'd rather Georgia lose.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I figured you might go with stats. Tennessee and Ole Miss' scheme is why those two QBs are where they are at. Stick this guy on those teams and you see a whole new level. I haven't watched AK QB, so I can't speak to that. But I went back and forth watching recorded Bama and Ky games and KY QB was obviously the better QB at least in those games and KY's receivers are not Bamas. I think the Kentucky kid outperforms all of those QBs in the pros.
He had a terrible game vs Chattanooga who almost beat him. But he “is better than those QBs in the pros” lol

If I had another kid……..I sure wouldn’t want it to be Kentucky.

Some folks think Tennessee is red neckish……….sheesh, everyone knows Kentucky is…….Kentucky put the trash in white trash.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
'Cat fan, we'll whup your butts in a few weeks and never see you on these boards again. I'm sure you're glad to be here for now, though. Can't say the feeling is mutual.

Glanced at a South Carolina fan forum last week, and was shocked how little they were talking about the upcoming game. I mentioned at the time, it was like they were studiously avoiding making eye contact with the 800 pound gorilla standing in the corner, figuring if they didn't see him, he couldn't see them.

Well, we saw them.

So I'm not surprised 'Cats fans on your own fan board are pretending not to see Tennessee coming. It fits the pattern. But know this: we are coming. We might be battered and bruised by the next couple of opponents, but I expect you will be, too. And then we're coming for you.
If we lose why won’t I be here. Y’all gonna type me to death or something. It’s not that serious anyway I’m a college football fan

Last edited:

Well, we saw them.

We aren’t overlooking Tennessee.. just focused on playing Georgia for the number one spot in the east for now. When Tennessee is the next game we will be talking Tennessee. But not gonna look ahead to Tennessee

If I had another kid……..I sure wouldn’t want it to be Kentucky.

Some folks think Tennessee is red neckish……….sheesh, everyone knows Kentucky is…….Kentucky put the trash in white trash.
They are red neck is.. Kentucky and Tennessee not much difference

VN Store

Back