'18 GA RB Lyn-J Dixon (Tennessee transfer)

i don't know what the deal or status is with Beckwith, but he was seen in the unveal of dark mode jerseys and seems very happy. i would assume if he was thinking about transferring he wouldnt likely be with team, and seemed happy idk i may be reaching... i hope he stays and finds a home at some position...

I'm worried about small, seems hes been dinged up all year... Very Impressed with Tiyon Evans, I know he has a kid and if he continues to put up numbers could be considered to go pro. but based on his comments this offseason of his love of the city and area, and the university i could see him staying another year. plus hes one of the few players on the team that a little edge and attitude to him like Jauan Jennings did...

I saw somewhere a question mark on Whitehead... I personally have been really impressed with him. He is quicker and has more burst and speed than i was expecting for a back his size, 6-1 / 215-220 ish... I actually have been more impressed with him that Wright. I personally like him at #3, and honestly with small banged up, i like the 1-2 punch of Evans/Whitehead...

in terms of LJD-- i would take him, he's got a burst and explosiveness to him... I think he has a playmaking aspect of his game... Honestly this may sound bad to some, but optics are important too and if we can create the optics of a place where talented players want to come to... I know Joe Milton hasnt held onto the job. but he was very talented out of HS. and one of the best on transfer market.. and LB Juwan Mitchell from UTX 4 star... Kmall S from AUB 4 star.... B Tunage 4 star from Bama.... if we can start creating the optics of UT being a place to go to. whether its Transfer Portal for 2nd chance, or even to HS recruits as well... we have to recover that optic especially considering last year 20 plus players leaving the program..... We have to change that and build a vibe or trendiness if you will of.. this is where the talented players are going, and that starts to get contagious..

i don't know what the deal or status is with Beckwith, but he was seen in the unveal of dark mode jerseys and seems very happy. i would assume if he was thinking about transferring he wouldnt likely be with team, and seemed happy idk i may be reaching... i hope he stays and finds a home at some position...

I'm worried about small, seems hes been dinged up all year... Very Impressed with Tiyon Evans, I know he has a kid and if he continues to put up numbers could be considered to go pro. but based on his comments this offseason of his love of the city and area, and the university i could see him staying another year. plus hes one of the few players on the team that a little edge and attitude to him like Jauan Jennings did...

I saw somewhere a question mark on Whitehead... I personally have been really impressed with him. He is quicker and has more burst and speed than i was expecting for a back his size, 6-1 / 215-220 ish... I actually have been more impressed with him that Wright. I personally like him at #3, and honestly with small banged up, i like the 1-2 punch of Evans/Whitehead...

Not every kid moves like Maurer. Might as well work through the season. Always one snap away. We always assume just because a player isn't playing he wants to leave. There are more variables involved. Some kids genuinely love being at UT. Hell, Carlin Fils-Aime was here for nearly a decade it felt like. I still think Beckwith eventually leaves, but I don't think it's a forgone conclusion like some are suggesting.

Reactions: ERvolsfan
You have to take him just in case Evans ends up going pro. Especially if Evans keeps progressing the rest of the season.

I tend to think Beckwith is the Tyler Byrd of RBs

Good kid, enjoys the program

May just not have the talent we all were led to believe he had

Time will tell

Going to be at the game against South Carolina

I don’t quite understand the mid year transfer status - is this to transfer right away, as in instantly; or are we talking about next season?

If it’s next season, I just don’t get declaring for the portal in the middle of your current season. What advantage does that have?

Lynn J a good fit in this offense. I noticed in highlights he can take a second to get up to his straight line speed. This offense allows for that as RB can get to second level pretty easily when blocked right. I’d take him if staff wants him. They know what they need. I think it is very real possibility Evans is 1 and done if he continues to play like he is.

VN Store

Back