Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kiffin to Miami and Freeze to Florida State would make the ACC better and weaken Clemson. Or, switch those 2 around. Kiffin just seems to fit 'the U'.

i don't think anywhere fits kiffin culturally as well as ole miss does. he's always seemed like a mischievous frat boy to me and, well, its ole miss.

Has any else noticed how the chatter has shifted from recruits to transfers. I was reading where the NIL is starting to be a real factor for more top recruits that are looking at smaller schools and the potential of pay to play and exposure over the larger established programs and less "face time". The entire college sports landscape will be unrecognizable in 5 years for better or worse. Start watching for more of the smaller schools getting the top guys than ever before and the players that aren't getting what "they" think they deserve moving on much quicker than ever before. The players will still get the exposure because of TV and can get more "face time" and a bigger pay day by being the big fish in a "smaller" pond as far as the team goes.

the chatter has shifted to transfers here, specifically, because UT needs established, play-ready guys to come in and make a difference since we had so many guys leave. ohio state and georgia and alabama aren't focusing on transfers. regarding NIL, i'm curious as to where you read that. NIL style transactions have been happening under the table for top players for years. its just above board now. a quick scan of the top 247 shows mostly what you'd expect: major power 5's up and down the list. a couple guys to SMU and a few more to rutgers is odd, but there are anomalies every year. no particularly surprising trends so far this year.

i've thought since the beginning, and still believe, that the NIL hype is going to prove to be overblown, and its not going to create the groundswell across the college football landscape lots of people have predicted. big time players will get theirs, but they always have in one way or another and big NIL deals for guys that fall outside of the top 5% of players just looks like bad / risky business.

For the bettors out there… Ken Barkley is a good numbers guy in You Better You Bet. I like to listen to see where his number is at on games.

He mentions some trends in play this week where teams come off playing Bama, Clemson, Ohio St and Oregon are usually really bad against the spread the following week.

He mentioned UNC -12.5 vs GA Tech as his number is -13.5

Arky St +13.5 vs Tulsa. Tulsa played Ohio St tough. I actually like this line. Arky st probably getting hit for their rough game last weekend vs Washington.

He likes TN +20 and think it could go up two more points by Saturday. He really likes the over 63. He believes TN scores quite a bit Saturday.

Interesting stuff. I like the latter two for sure as I always like a lot of dog points. UNC I hate big faves but that offense started to click last week and I could see them blowing ga tech out the room

the chatter has shifted to transfers here, specifically, because UT needs established, play-ready guys to come in and make a difference since we had so many guys leave. ohio state and georgia and alabama aren't focusing on transfers. regarding NIL, i'm curious as to where you read that. NIL style transactions have been happening under the table for top players for years. its just above board now. a quick scan of the top 247 shows mostly what you'd expect: major power 5's up and down the list. a couple guys to SMU and a few more to rutgers is odd, but there are anomalies every year. no particularly surprising trends so far this year.

i've thought since the beginning, and still believe, that the NIL hype is going to prove to be overblown, and its not going to create the groundswell across the college football landscape lots of people have predicted. big time players will get theirs, but they always have in one way or another and big NIL deals for guys that fall outside of the top 5% of players just looks like bad / risky business.
It hasn't started yet as far as smaller schools getting big names. I think they were just saying that the smaller schools are really getting listened to as a possibility where in the past they had no chance. As far as the NIL, I think it will make a difference in the long run. Was it BYU that got a deal were the walk-ons are getting paid which basically will pay for their tuition.....that is a change and just could be the beginning.

It hasn't started yet as far as smaller schools getting big names. I think they were just saying that the smaller schools are really getting listened to as a possibility where in the past they had no chance. As far as the NIL, I think it will make a difference in the long run. Was it BYU that got a deal were the walk-ons are getting paid which basically will pay for their tuition.....that is a change and just could be the beginning.

yeah I was going to mention the BYU thing -- I'm actually surprised there haven't been more splash moves like that so far, but I think in the long-run its going to prove to be a pretty big waste of money for that company. does putting 30-something walk-ons on scholarship really move the needle financially for that company going forward? I'd be surprised if the answer ends up being "yes", but I guess we'll see!

Reactions: DarthVol1
You just need to blast some Juicy by Biggie to go with it
So silly...Biggie had them for dinner, not lunch, you moran.

(and don't any of you jacklegs try to tell me that the mid-day meal can be referred to as dinner...dinner is the evening-time meal).

Reactions: mrMet
i don't think anywhere fits kiffin culturally as well as ole miss does. he's always seemed like a mischievous frat boy to me and, well, its ole miss.
That does make sense. Like others have said, Kiffin may thoroughly enjoy needling Saban and not want to leave the SEC even if he could have an easier path to championships in a different conference.

Reactions: Geaux_Vols
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back