Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. I mean a faulty alternator could cause the AC not to work, but I doubt hooking up another car will tell you anything. I have no idea why you would walk down the road. 😂
A battery provides 12 volts/mile.

Can't charge a dead battery if you aren't moving.

These ladies were right. Those guys were hitting on them because of their good looks as well as their automotive know how.

In all seriousness, I'm guessing one of the two cars had a dead battery. They knew enough to jump it off, but thought they had to keep the cables on to charge it, not knowing what the alternator is. That's my guess.

I know that's the popular opinion on him but people hated Friend and accused Pruitt of a nepotism hire before he set foot here. He had what he had to work with and whether UGA fans liked him or not those lines at UGA were good. Ours were better than the guy he replaced even if last year did underperform.
My criticism on Friend was consistent. I think he's a bad coach. You can disagree, but for both of us, it's just our opinions. My opinion is based on how our line played while he was here. They weren't good.

A battery provides 12 volts/mile.

Can't charge a dead battery if you aren't moving.

These ladies were right. Those guys were hitting on them because of their good looks as well as their automotive know how.

In all seriousness, I'm guessing one of the two cars had a dead battery. They knew enough to jump it off, but thought they had to keep the cables on to charge it, not knowing what the alternator is. That's my guess.

It wouldn't entirely surprise me to learn that the sole reason behind their behavior was panic because some guys behind them wouldn't stop following them and recording them. I have no idea what they're hoping to accomplish though. Those are Tennessee tags so some hillbilly engineering isn't out of the question. I will never forget being stuck behind a car being towed by a guy in another car attached by an actual rope not too far out of Knoxville. There was a driver in the other car to hit the breaks and turn - just so all was safe, ya know? ;)

For Florida. I believe that this team has the want to! If you have the want to! No one can stop you!
In the words of Starship...

42b4c07954fcdd35e9ce641392ce97d2.jpg

What’s up with everyone so negative on Hooker? He led us to 42 offensive points in 3 quarters of play in his first start in a new system with a duct tape OL. He made plays when they weren’t there and has great elusiveness to extend plays.

He did what he should have done and met expectations. IMO, he did enough to earn the start next week.
He missed wide open recievers continuously (which people are absolutely sick of) and turned the ball over (which people are also sick of)..

That pretty much covers it simply.

Reactions: Beagle Bill
But he can move the chains. I’ll take the mistakes versus what we’ve had for the past four years.

Sheesh. Y’all talk like we’ve had Peyton here since Dobbs left. Hooker is easily the best we’ve had since Dobbs. And if Milton can reduce the amperage on the throws, he’s even better.

We’ve finally got an offense scoring points for the first time since 2016 and this is the most negativity I’ve seen on this board in a long time. It could be worse. It could be way worse…like it’s been very recently.
People are frustrated, and people are less impressed by stats against cupcakes when they know there were tons of better numbers to be had.

They know what is coming.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Ellerbe might not be the worst coach but Kodi Burns might be. According to Swain and the VQ guys a large reason why we can’t hit on the deep balls is because the receivers run terrible routes and/or lack the fundamentals of basic route running. Specifically said that Payton and Merrill (iirc) turn their heads too early to find the ball which inherently slows you down when running - hence an apparent overthrow.

Said One of Miltons passes that was behind Hyatt and as such not caught was because Hyatt ran a terrible route.

TIFWIW
When some of us went and ate at Billy Ratliff’s restaurant in Powell after the Pitt game, he told us the exact same thing. He said the WR group is what is hurting us the most right now. Said Joe is throwing to a spot that the WR is supposed to be on his route, and none of our guys are getting there, so it looks like Joe is always overthrowing it, when in reality the WRs aren’t getting to the spot they should be consistently. If this is true, then Joe is no doubt QB1 because he gives this offense the best chance to blow the top off if he can start connecting on the deep ball.

When some of us went and ate at Billy Ratliff’s restaurant in Powell after the Pitt game, he told us the exact same thing. He said the WR group is what is hurting us the most right now. Said Joe is throwing to a spot that the WR is supposed to be on his route, and none of our guys are getting there, so it looks like Joe is always overthrowing it, when in reality the WRs aren’t getting to the spot they should be consistently. If this is true, then Joe is no doubt QB1 because he gives this offense the best chance to blow the top off if he can start connecting on the deep ball.
I don’t think the wr group has played well so far but it’s way too early to pin all of that on the wr coach.

People are frustrated, and people are less impressed by stats against cupcakes when they know there were tons of better numbers to be had.

They know what is coming.
Did people just expect this brand new offense with a bunch of players that weren't recruited for it to click immediately? Or to have a totally brand new staff have it all figured out instantly? I get being disappointed with leaving points on the field for sure but I also think that the team we are watching now will look significantly better on offense in the 2nd half of the year than they have so far. Or things will at least run more smoothly anyway. 3 of our last 4 games are against beatable teams so just take an early one against either Missouri or South Carolina and let's go bowling.

There are reasons to be negative but there are also reasons to be optimistic imo.

Last edited:
If all these former players and other people are seeing that, then why aren't our coaches seeing it and fixing it?

I say wait till halftime of the Kentucky game, then sack them all!

Alright, that’s the spirit! So you got a coach in mind to replace Heupel? Let’s hear some realistic options. And please don’t embarrass yourself by saying just give someone $10 million a year. Because it’s been proven over and over again money isn’t the end all for hiring a coach.

We already firing coaches?
It may be a good thing that Catbone doesn't have a heart to beat. Swain is no longer in the loop and is grasping to get attention. We have had receivers open long all day every game an our QBs just haven't been able to get the ball anywhere them. With the way they have been throwing the long ball, receivers had better start looking for the ball to dial in the area code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back