Face it, we still don't know if we are good or bad.

Inconsistent, 71 scholarship players (or thereabouts) out of possible 85, thin at most every position, all QBs are questionable at best….I’d say we got a great shot at a Natty!

Reactions: Remy and 82_VOL_83
We’re not good. But after 3 games this much is clear to me: we’re well coached given our personnel. We’re capable of big plays here and there. We’ve got a big play O that can flash some tds if we connect on some long balls.

If we can somehow stay within 10pts of FL that’s a big statement.

I really don’t think we lose to Pitt if Hooker is the starter. We make those long completions early and coast to a comfortable win
We’re not good. But after 3 games this much is clear to me: we’re well coached given our personnel. We’re capable of big plays here and there. We’ve got a big play O that can flash some tds if we connect on some long balls.

. That I agree with we got off to a great start against them should’ve never blown that game.

By year 3? If it takes him that long to get us just “competitive” he doesn’t deserve year 4.
We just don't have the Jimmy and Joes and the ones we will get next year will be freshmen. We have 71 S players. This was always gonna be a LONG rebuild. I'm not saying we should accept 3 wins next year but I think 6 maybe 7 wins will be the ceiling once again.

SEC play starts vs. Florida. We left at least 20 points on the field vs. BG and Pitt each. Scored and shutout a really bad team by close to 60 points. In the meantime, Florida loses by 2 to Bama. The Battered Vol in me says we are in for yet another bad day in the swamp. Am I right? Or could these first three games be enough to get some kinks out. If for some reason we do pull it out there, and win - will it be a "signature win" for Heupel? Is Bama down this year? Their defense gave up a LOT.

OMG! Another the sky is falling post.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
We are bad. And thin. The swamp will be ugly next week. I think Florida comes out with the intent to score 70 and will probably get pretty close. We have several years to go just to get to mediocre.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
SEC play starts vs. Florida. We left at least 20 points on the field vs. BG and Pitt each. Scored and shutout a really bad team by close to 60 points. In the meantime, Florida loses by 2 to Bama. The Battered Vol in me says we are in for yet another bad day in the swamp. Am I right? Or could these first three games be enough to get some kinks out. If for some reason we do pull it out there, and win - will it be a "signature win" for Heupel? Is Bama down this year? Their defense gave up a LOT.
We are just not very good. Florida is much better and did very well in the transfer portal - they should win the East.

We just don't have the Jimmy and Joes and the ones we will get next year will be freshmen. We have 71 S players. This was always gonna be a LONG rebuild

It shouldn’t take more than next season to be competitive with every team in the east. That means finishing at least 3rd in the east and not getting blown out by FL and GA. Any coach worth a damn could at least accomplish that next season.

We were terrible last year and lost the best players from that team. We are currently a bottom 1/3rd SEC team from a depth/talent/experience point of view. This year is about improving, learning a system and hopefully convincing recruits to come aboard for a brighter future. The Pruitt/Fulmer stupidity combination lining up with extra years for every team due to covid and free for all transfers has us in the worst spot we've been in as a program ever.

I mean it’s a precious few people who had illusions about the kind of year this is going to be, right? We’re the team we are supposed to be right now given the level of attrition we had and having a first year coach putting a new offense in. If we’re competitive with top echelon teams this year, that’s icing on the cake. Meanwhile, South Carolina eked one out against East Carolina last week. Kentucky looked great today in that fourth quarter comeback against Chattanooga. Vandy is Vandy. I’m really curious about Ole Miss tonight after watching how Tulane scored on Oklahoma. There’s plenty out there in the SEC to be competitive with and we have a team that is putting up points. I’m not going to gnash my teeth over not winning the SEC in the next year or two. Rather just enjoy watching my team.

A win vs gators is of course very unlikely. But if we win, then yes it will be a signature win. Do you even have to ask?

We will not unfortunately.

VN Store

Back