Heupel’s offense is not innovative

I am actually curious what kid of offense people think Heupel should be running with the players he has to work with? We went 5-7, 8-5, and 3-7 with a more Alabama-like, "control the clock" offense. We were, statistically, one of the worst offenses in the SEC during that time.

I mean, it is easy to criticize, and I am not looking forward to SEC play, but for those complaining, what would you do differently? It is entirely possible that Jim Chainey called great plays and the players just could not execute them. It is also likely that what you are seeing on the field has very little to do with play calling.

Do you really believe that if we line up under center and run a bunch of blasts, dives, and play action, that the result would be different? In SEC play? With this O-Line? Really?

Reactions: Volatility
You can only be as innovative as your resources allow.

Case in point - I work for a medical device company. Started out in RandD. One if the first guys I met had 30 plus patents hanging on the wall. I asked how many of those are devices on the market...zero he replied.

Why? Because he lacked the resources to develop the ideas and get them to market.

Same with Heupel. I think he's innovative, but it's not going to show until he has more guys that fit the system better.

I think it has mode to do with an o-line that is not SEC-stout than the offense itself. Plenty of other teams are effective running a similar style.

The o-line sure isn’t helping anything but the Hypes offense goes too fast for them to call protections. It also goes too fast for a QB and receivers to recognize coverages.

Reactions: DC_Vol
We beat a bad FCS team, if you actually look at our play we didn’t play very well on either side of the ball. Still way too many stupid mistakes bad play calling and terrible tackling. We’re not a good football team and the Gators will beat our brains out.
I agree with you that we need to clean a few things up. But scoring 56 in an actual game isn’t a major improvement form the last 5 years.

The o-line sure isn’t helping anything but the Hypes offense goes too fast for them to call protections. It also goes too fast for a QB and receivers to recognize coverages.

We’ve got to many guys on the field that haven’t been properly taught and developed.

Reactions: hog88
We’ve got to many guys on the field that haven’t been properly taught and developed.

I agree 100% with this statement. So that begs the question, are they being taught and developed now?

Last year 23 points per game.
This year 43 points per game.

And we still haven’t played our best yet.
And there is people still Bitching about scoring points. Remember when people bitched about not scoring enough over last 3 years. Now we scoring 20+ points more a game and people are still not happy with our offense.

And there is people still Bitching about scoring points. Remember when people bitched about not scoring enough over last 3 years. Now we scoring 20+ points more a game and people are still not happy with our offense.

We score 30, hell if we score 20 or more next Saturday I’ll be thrilled.

We was scoring 23 points a game last year and this year we are at 43. How is that not a major improvement?

We played a full SEC schedule last season with an idiot HC. Let’s see how we do against SEC competition before we toot that horn.

Reactions: tnutater
Pretty sure Dobbs and Kamara scored 60 on Missouri. That was more great players than coaching though.
You right about the players part. We was loaded with talent and if we would have had a better coach with that same talent not only would we have been in Atlanta at the end of the year.

We was scoring 23 points a game last year and this year we are at 43. How is that not a major improvement?
Wait until sec play. This hurry up offense is going to take its toll on our defense. 3 and out within 20 seconds is the exact opposite of what a thin D needs to halfway compete.

Reactions: hog88

VN Store

Back