Tim priest

Look last thing I want to do is get into a discussion with you. You have an agenda against bob and won't give the man a fair shake. I live in Alabama an have only the app and TV to get my vol games and while Bob is no John Ward FOR ME he's fine so please and I do mean please keep your opinion to yourself because some of us enjoy listening to him. It's sad when others have to tear down people to make themselves feel better about themselves.
A little touchy are you? It is okay if you have a love fest for Bob but geez what is wrong with different opinions? Try defending your opinion without attacking others ...you must realize this is a forum to express opinions or maybe you don't. Lighten up Francis! LOL

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
He would take this job in a heartbeat.

Mike Keith makes approximately 4 times the salary as a Titans Vice President than Bob makes as UT's Director of Broadcasting. He would have loved to have had this job back in the day, but the ship sailed as the Titans continued to promote him in the organization.

Bob Kesling sucks as Vol play by play guy in football. And he’s not good in basketball, either. Nice guy. But, we’re talking Vol radio announcers, not golf or travel partners.

For Color, I liked Priest, but also like Pat Ryan. Granted Ryan is a little dry. But, he knows his football.

I for one am tired of the crap Bob gets from know nothing fans that couldn't go into the booth and call a game if their life depended on it. Yes he's no Ward but who is? If you have to listen to the game through the app or radio I think bob does a fantastic job. Our fan base is horrible. You complain about everything and if you think you can call a better game grab a mike and get to it, if not STHU and choose not to listen..... jeez. Child's care.
Your dad calls a lame game. He makes funerals look like a party. If only he had the emotion you show…. Well…. A different kind of emotion… not the but hurt kind he’d be better….. what a turn of events

Reactions: FallCreekVols
I just hope Tim is finding much deserved peace not having to broadcast UT sports anymore. The man is very talented lawyer, and a UT legend who deserves better than he’s had to relay for many years now.

I for one am tired of the crap Bob gets from know nothing fans that couldn't go into the booth and call a game if their life depended on it. Yes he's no Ward but who is? If you have to listen to the game through the app or radio I think bob does a fantastic job. Our fan base is horrible. You complain about everything and if you think you can call a better game grab a mike and get to it, if not STHU and choose not to listen..... jeez. Child's care.
Bob kesling sucks and is an awful person

Is he a bad person?

I've not heard that or gotten that feeling, but I also readily admit that we only see a portion of a person on the broadcast.
He has made his career on the backs of others and has treated people awfully. On top of that he is arrogant and a lukewarm UT fan

He has made his career on the backs of others and has treated people awfully. On top of that he is arrogant and a lukewarm UT fan
That's interesting - I've heard the exact opposite of that about him. Basically the only reason he has that job is because he's nice and everybody really likes him personally and he's been up there forever, not because he is a good announcer.

If he treats people awfully, why would he be there? Your radio announcer isn't a guy to die on a hill for.

All these people whining about Kesling are too blinded to realize that Ward made MANY mistakes just like Kesling. And unless you're as clueless as you appear with the comments, there hasn't been a helluva lot for Bob to get excited about. If he went over the top on the product we've seen for most of his career, you all would be bitching about that, too.

Priest was great at his job. Knows the game and was passionate about UT football. I think he got beat down by the losing and the product that has been put on the field for the past 12 years. Ryan was very good with the Titans and very truthful in his opinions about what is happening on the field. I look forward to listening to him.

Ainge could be very good at this job if he could stay focused on what is going on in the game. I enjoy his insight to the game on his radio show.

Any first hand personal experiences or just speculation from 3rd and 4th hand hearsay? I've met and talked to him on more than one occasion and didn't see any arrogance from him. Genuinely nice fellow. Certainly not John Ward, but who is?

That's interesting - I've heard the exact opposite of that about him. Basically the only reason he has that job is because he's nice and everybody really likes him personally and he's been up there forever, not because he is a good announcer.

If he treats people awfully, why would he be there? Your radio announcer isn't a guy to die on a hill for.
Mickey Dearstone and Kesling ran their kingdoms like nazis and you should ask the current radio geeks what they had to do to get their jobs

VN Store

Back