Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
The SEC network has an alternate channel they don’t even use. They could put it on there but that would be too easy. I think streaming services will hurt sports more than the NCAA, COVID, protesting or anything else. I worry that you will have to have Disney to watch SEC, Hulu to watch big 10, Netflix for acc and so on. Bowl games will be sold to the highest bidder. You can already see this with cable tv. The new shows are either cheap made game show or “reality“ shows. The streaming services are getting any new programming.

I'm pretty positive if you have a cable subscription, you have SEC Network +. You don't need to buy ESPN+. It just means the game won't be on Cable, and you have to watch through the ESPN app.

If you don't have SEC Network, you can watch the game through ESPN+
If your provider carries SEC network,

ESPN+ is not free streaming
SECN+ is free streaming

The SEC network has an alternate channel they don’t even use. They could put it on there but that would be too easy. I think streaming services will hurt sports more than the NCAA, COVID, protesting or anything else. I worry that you will have to have Disney to watch SEC, Hulu to watch big 10, Netflix for acc and so on. Bowl games will be sold to the highest bidder. You can already see this with cable tv. The new shows are either cheap made game show or “reality“ shows. The streaming services are getting any new programming.

Not sure how old you are, but I'm guessing 20s....

Cause this type of game in the 90s wouldn't have been on TV at all. And unlike in the 90s we don't have John Ward to listen to so I'd much rather it fully televised with a crew and stream it (like I already do for all my TV anyway) than it not be on the air at all and forced to listen to Babbling Bob butcher 80% of the names he tries to say.

Not saying ESPN+ isn't worth it, but you can get Vol baseball and the SEC alternate games just by having ESPN and the SECN through a cable/streaming provider. I watch many Vol baseball and basketball games on the ESPN app and don't have to get ESPN+.

The AAC struck a deal to enhance ESPN+, but I am fairly certain that it isn't required for most SEC sporting events that ESPN broadcasts.

Cause this type of game in the 90s wouldn't have been on TV at all. And unlike in the 90s we don't have John Ward to listen to so I'd much rather it fully televised with a crew and stream it (like I already do for all my TV anyway) than it not be on the air at all and forced to listen to Babbling Bob butcher 80% of the names he tries to say.

Yep, I believe SEC schools could put on 2 PPV games per year. So, we had to pay ~ $40 for the game, and it would be our own broadcast team. The only way you could watch a game like this was to pay for it or find a bar that was paying for it.

Spring games are worthless. Spring practices are not, but the game is just for the fans. I remember watching Crompton light it up in 2008 and we all remember how that season went.

I hope HB turns out to be great, but it’s not uncommon for a high rated QB not to live up to his ranking. I can think of like 5 just from Alabama alone. Simms, Barnett, Bateman, Cornwell, Tuas brother. Outside of Alabama guys, that were supposed to be elite Gunner Kiel, Hunter Johnson, Bruce Ramsey, Max Browne, even Keller Chryst.

It’s a difficult position to evaluate for the next level.

Tua's brother seems to be pretty good it is unfortunate that he did not come here.

Watching the game again…. Please, Please, Please Milton practice deep balls ALL day… I’m sure he knows the “other” plays. This offense is unstoppable if he can. Doubt there is any QB on the roster outside of him that opens the offense up like this…

Side note: doesn’t matter if he can’t hit the open ones 😎… That’s why I’m begging!!

I don’t really want to discuss HB any more but my person got selected for a position to UT….. Then he got lucky enough to be placed with the QBs…. He had been there every single practice till recently when he misses Tuesday through Thursday…… he is not a football guy so he may not know some of the intricacies that are involved with the position or the team….. I have had many in depth convos with him about our QBs…. Bailey has been the least consistent QB we have….. he is not making those throws in practice and he has not stood out compared to any of the QBs in any area. That is just the facts…. Not a single one of us would choose the 3rd string QB if he is not performing in practice. Could the plays not be suited to his strengths? Sure…..but he has been given a chance and hasn’t been able to impress…. He is young and has plenty of chances to grow and get better.
So far Milton and Hooker have "been given a chance" and haven't "been able to impress" me in game settings so...

In practice, if I remember correctly, Dobbs was running 4th string and we know what happened.

I’m old. Not like Weezer though. You are right about it not being televised in the 90s. I just feel like It worked well with The set up of the past few years and it would be bad For the game if it gets scattered.

Reactions: VolNash17
I'm pretty positive if you have a cable subscription, you have SEC Network +. You don't need to buy ESPN+. It just means the game won't be on Cable, and you have to watch through the ESPN app.

If you don't have SEC Network, you can watch the game through ESPN+

‘Member when televisioning use to be easy.

Not in the “lobbying for Bailey camp” just yet but the team quit last year including O line… may have something to do with sacks…
I don't know about that. From all reports, JG was a great teammate. I don't think that they would try to get him hurt, even if the coaching was as awful as it was.

So far Milton and Hooker have "been given a chance" and haven't "been able to impress" me in game settings so...

In practice, if I remember correctly, Dobbs was running 4th string and we know what happened.
The year Josh Dobbs was fourth string….. he came in and went 1-4 in wins…..had a pathetic 3.8 yards per pass attempt and a pathetic QB rating that was 20 points less than JG’s worse year including two games where he threw for less than 80 yards…. He didn’t win the starting job the next season either but took over midway through and played much better.

He doesn’t need to impress you…. He needs to start the guy he feels gives us the best chance to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back