Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chip Kelly and those uptempo Oregon teams were never better than 95th in penalties per game. I would be interested in seeing a more detailed analysis of high tempo / high number of plays teams vs off/def penalties and total yards. A true breakdown into how much effect a couple more penalties have on teams that are consistently churning out more plays and more yards. Regardless, I believe you have to be able to limit the penalties. Can’t let losses like Pitt become a pattern.

The penalties that really hurt vs Pitt were the Banks personal foul that instead of a punt they score a TD. Mays personal foul after a Miltons big run kills potential TD instead we get a FG. Burrell DPI led to a TD instead of a stop. Wright helmet removal led to a backed up kickoff which normally you pay for but luckily we got a stop. False starts are annoying but this offense has no problem with popping big plays to overcome a five yard penalty. It’s the 15 yard penalties that kill

Someone write a letter to Josh Heupel. For the love of God, let Bailey play this weekend. If for no other reason than I'm honestly tired of people bitching about him "not getting a chance". Clearly some have him on a pedestal. If that kid isn't the superman they've proclaimed him to be, I'm gonna be pissed.
Lmao I’ll keep you in my thoughts and prayers Weez

Reactions: VOLSONLY
One thing is sure… there will be some Crye served when we find out if Bailey is a star, average or worse. I wonder who’s going to be serving it and who’s going to be eating it
I hope the kid is good. I want every player that suits up for us to be good. But I get seriously tired of the constant QB drama and hearing about how our coaches are screwing up by not playing Bailey. I'm tired of sucking. I just want to win and be good again. And if fans know better than the coaches, it does nothing to inspire confidence in this staff for me.

if you are looking for results this year you are going to be disappointed. if you are willing to look deeper than W-L and stats, there is improvement to look for in every facet of this program. this is a time for small wins and we have to take them how we can get them.

i have no doubt in my mind that the coaches were prepared and had the team prepared to beat Pitt. at one point they could have named their score. execution killed us. then discipline. COACHING CAN FIX THOSE.

i am content to have witnessed a winning plan, even if the winning players aren't here yet. will they come? that is yet to be seen. even still, it was the best game planning and coaching we've had in a while.

there is something to be said for telling a team "this is going to work, trust me" and low and behold it really would have worked. hopefully this game was a teaching moment and the team can see that if they get their heads in it that there is still a lot of opportunity to seize.
Honestly this is the year we should totally accept moral victories.

It’s just been such bad times we are out of patience.

If
Heupel would have been the coach right after or second after Fulmer he would be killing it.

Which play are you talking about?
Was trying to find it, but it was to the opposite side of the field, he was in man coverage and the receiver caught it in front of him, but Alontae opened up towards the sideline for some reason instead of playing the ball in front of him and taking away the inside, so when the receiver caught it he just ran inside of Alontae and got about 10 to 15 more yards after catch. If Alontae just stops right there and plays it heads up he would of probably of made a play on the ball. It was just bad technique. Other than that he played really well. I’ve just noticed on deep one on one coverage he has issues.

Reactions: Vols4us
Look at this 💩

I mean the penalties we got in the game against Pitt outside of like 4 were not because of a hurry up offense…. Lol can’t really blame half the penalties on the coaches.

1 - Helmet taken off, 2 - Body Slam, 3 - False start due to Cade clapping , 4 - Cade kills dude after whistle, 5 - Offensive PI on Tillman (crap call), 6 - Block in the back and then the rest were either holding or false starts.

Because moobs!

Seriously though, that’s unacceptable.
The 13 penalties are unacceptable yes, however, we only had like 3 or 4 false starts.

UCF averaged 9 penalties a game. Tenn averaged 6. Don’t really see the difference except UCF put up enough yards to combat that and ran twice as many plays lol.

When I first got on here, I had the arrogant idea that I could offer some perspective. Not possible. Gradually getting on here less and less. Retiring from coaching football and wrestling and teaching math in HS this year after 37 years. Will go back to just enjoying watching College minus the drama as well.
Your perspective has been valuable to me.

Someone write a letter to Josh Heupel. For the love of God, let Bailey play this weekend. If for no other reason than I'm honestly tired of people bitching about him "not getting a chance". Clearly some have him on a pedestal. If that kid isn't the superman they've proclaimed him to be, I'm gonna be pissed.
We already have Superman as QB1. He can throw the ball faster than speeding bullet and can toss it from Knoxville to Chattanooga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back