The Grill and BBQ thread

This Pit Boss seems to be a Walmart exclusive. I just saw for the first time in the store, even though it's on Pit Boss website. There's a click button to buy at Walmart. $750.
1629381316795.png

Reactions: butchna
Any advice on tri tip? Thinking an ancho chili style rub, maybe mesquite smoke. Not sure about temp, time, etc. Open to suggestions.

I've done several. Love the tri-tip flavor. I left mine a little pink. I believe I went to about 160. that serves most palates. The skinny end a little more done, and the thick end a little pinker. I've not done much to a tri-tip. Some salt, pepper, garlic & onion powder. And some smoke. The cut speaks for itself anyways. I knew one guy that would marinate them in a red wine marinade. that would basically "cook" the meat, then he'd smoke it out. You won't have to take it up to 205 like a brisket or other heavy beef cuts.

Reactions: VFLEatinFresh
Any advice on tri tip? Thinking an ancho chili style rub, maybe mesquite smoke. Not sure about temp, time, etc. Open to suggestions.
Be careful with mesquite. It's very strong. I tend to use hickory, pecan, or whiskey barrel oak on tri tip. That's not to say you can't use mesquite, but less is more for sure. I generally do a reverse search with the temp lower at the beginning and crank up to sear at the end. I've also done them on the rotisserie. It's a very forgiving cut, so don't be afraid to experiment with it. Here is the first method I tried.

Grilled Santa Maria Tri-Tip Roast: Poor Man's Filet Mignon

Reactions: 3rdDegreeVol
Be careful with mesquite. It's very strong. I tend to use hickory, pecan, or whiskey barrel oak on tri tip. That's not to say you can't use mesquite, but less is more for sure. I generally do a reverse search with the temp lower at the beginning and crank up to sear at the end. I've also done them on the rotisserie. It's a very forgiving cut, so don't be afraid to experiment with it. Here is the first method I tried.

Grilled Santa Maria Tri-Tip Roast: Poor Man's Filet Mignon

This works great. Simple rub, reverse sear.

I served with homemade chimichuri last time and it was a real hit!

Sear em get some grill marks
And if you can hang em hang em and bring them up slow.

I highly encourage you to look up How to BBQ right he does some there that turned out pretty damn good

20210905_193023.jpg
My son picked this Armor top on closeout at his work. I wasn't going to pay $180 for one, but $38 with his discount was a no-brainer.

I did wings tonight, and they were the best I've ever cooked. Got busy watching football and cracking into a beer and forgot to take a pic. Dried, dusted with arrowroot, and seasoned with s+p, BKW fire.

View attachment 392371
My son picked this Armor top on closeout at his work. I wasn't going to pay $180 for one, but $38 with his discount was a no-brainer.

I did wings tonight, and they were the best I've ever cooked. Got busy watching football and cracking into a beer and forgot to take a pic. Dried, dusted with arrowroot, and seasoned with s+p, BKW fire.

Where is this from and how do I get one for $38? lol

Just kidding. I would pay full price for this!

I have been so close to pulling the trigger on a pellet grill here recently I'm surprised I haven't bought one yet. What pellet grills does everyone in here have?

I have been so close to pulling the trigger on a pellet grill here recently I'm surprised I haven't bought one yet. What pellet grills does everyone in here have?
Teaeger ironwood 885. Its the only pellet smoker I've used so I can't compare to others, but it's really simple.

VN Store

Back