The Grill and BBQ thread

Alright, guys. I believe I have found the pellet grill I will be purchasing. Recteq RT-590

I just need to convince the wife now that it’s worth the price tag.

Also, I will be getting the turkey this year and smoking it. What do you all say is a good amount of turkey per person? 0.75 lb/person? 1 lb? 0.5 lb?

Alright, guys. I believe I have found the pellet grill I will be purchasing. Recteq RT-590

I just need to convince the wife now that it’s worth the price tag.

Also, I will be getting the turkey this year and smoking it. What do you all say is a good amount of turkey per person? 0.75 lb/person? 1 lb? 0.5 lb?
Just go get the thing. When she asks about it just "remind" her she said it was OK....think back to the last time she had a little too much to drink and use that as when she said it was OK

Once she smells the pellets going, she'll be hooked.

DISCLAIMER: I'm going through a divorce so you may want to take that into consideration....although she does love my cooking.

As far as the turkey, just get a big 'un. Brine it, and let 'er rip on the smoker.

Just go get the thing. When she asks about it just "remind" her she said it was OK....think back to the last time she had a little too much to drink and use that as when she said it was OK

Once she smells the pellets going, she'll be hooked.

DISCLAIMER: I'm going through a divorce so you may want to take that into consideration....although she does love my cooking.

As far as the turkey, just get a big 'un. Brine it, and let 'er rip on the smoker.
Only time my wife has ever drank alcohol has been on our honeymoon. She is coming around to the idea especially since I will be starting a new job soon that greatly increases my salary. Like you said, I’m using the “think about all of the good cooking we can do with it” angle. It’s working.

As for the size of the Turkey, probably going to get a 16-18 lb-er. Followed this bridge from Pioneer Woman last year that was awesome.

No pics, but on Saturday I did the best Boston Butt I've ever done. Did an injection mix (apple juice, vegetable stock, brown sugar, salt, cayenne), then a Tennessee style rub. Cherry Dr. Pepper and Budweiser in the steam pan. Hickory/Pecan mix. 225 for 10 hours. It fell off of the bone.

Smoked 2 4-5lb chuck roasts on the recteq this past weekend. Been eating on it since. Did a great job and learned that going to about 208-210 *F really helps with melting the fat (compared to pork butts which I take to 198). However, it took a good bit longer than when I was doing it on a kamado joe. Could also be that it was a pretty cold day, too.

Reactions: JCHateSteve

VN Store

Back